It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Egyptian God Ra

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Originally posted by Unity_99
No he wasn't. That guy was an ET, and actually a group of them. One of them led them out of Egypt, for example. He demanded allegiance to him for conquering lands and taking people's cities and homes away, and lives.

Ra was most likely an Et hybrid war mongler, possibly bloodline ancestor.

Wow. This is very accurate information. Ra is not "a" being. Ra is a collective with many. He is also not the nicest being in the world, he can be a bit violent.

Did you know Ra was considered the God of Saturn and then it CHANGED to say that he was the God of The Sun?

Did you know there was no Osiris in the oldest Egyptian Mythology and Osiris was later added?

Did you know Anubis was considered to be the son of Ra and he was the dog (Jackal) God of Death, Change, Resurrection, and The Under-World as Judge of The Dead?

So much has changed...

If people want to learn about Ancient Egyptian Mythology (or any other) I suggest they go back to the OLDEST stories rather than the newer ones which has changes...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Unity_99

No he wasn't. That guy was an ET, and actually a group of them. One of them led them out of Egypt, for example. He demanded allegiance to him for conquering lands and taking people's cities and homes away, and lives.

Ra was most likely an Et hybrid war mongler, possibly bloodline ancestor.

Wow. This is very accurate information. Ra is not "a" being. Ra is a collective with many. He is also not the nicest being in the world, he can be a bit violent.

Did you know Ra was considered the God of Saturn and then it CHANGED to say that he was the God of The Sun?

Did you know there was no Osiris in the oldest Egyptian Mythology and Osiris was later added?

Did you know Anubis was considered to be the son of Ra and he was the dog (Jackal) God of Death, Change, Resurrection, and The Under-World as Judge of The Dead?

So much has changed...

If people want to learn about Ancient Egyptian Mythology (or any other) I suggest they go back to the OLDEST stories rather than the newer ones which has changes...

uh why would they do that? mythology changes, cults rise and fall, wax and wane.
egyptologists theorize the changes that developed were the mythological analog to cult control in the north and south kingdoms.
such as the rise of osiris as a major deity that replaces horus as the head god of egypt, and making him osiris's son, even though evidence shows horus is older than osiris
or osiris evolving into the judge of the dead, though he started out as a god of fertility and rebirth, hence why his skin is green and set is red. osirus represented the nile and the fertile land around it, while set represented the desert, creating a love hate relationship between them as brothers in later myths were set rips osiris into pieces out of jealousy.

people need to remember that many of the stories are an evolution of cults within egypt, many of those stories evolved out of merging gods together and what they came up with to make the stories work.

Ra has never been god of saturn, he has always been a sun god, saturn was connected to horus.
as for anubis being demoted from judge of the dead? that happens a lot in mythology. gods lose power and importance as their worshipers do.
the germanic peoples have had many war gods, and woden or odin was the highest, but before him tyr or tiw or diw was the war god, he was reduced to the warrior son of odin, most famous for letting the giant wolf fennir bite his hand off.

good luck going back to the oldest in most cases, they don't exist anymore thanks to akhenaten, who in his madness believed he could force people to worship one god above all and get away with it.
guess that's why he was the heretic king.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro
Ra was considered chief of the Gods and First of the Ennead, (or egyptian God's hierarchy) I would say that Ra would be the Egyptian equivilant to "The Father." of the Bible. as he is considered "Father of the Gods."

no, ennead is a term for a grouping of nine, in this case nine gods. you can believe that but the egyptians didn't think of the gods that way, there was no "father" like the bible says, ra was worshiped but osiris, horus, set, isis and others were just as important, depending on the focus of your worship.

Another Myth about Ra is that he rides in solar vehicle-boats known as the mandjet and mesektet, or morning and evening boats. One of them was for travelling the sky and the other was for travelling the Egyptian Underworld, where he is said to have merged with the God Osiris.

where has anyone ever found evidence that osiris was merged with ra? ra is a sun deity, osiris is a death/resurrection god

Ra was considered a Creator god that brought all forms of life to existence by speaking their secret names, and it was believed by some that he had created himself. He was considered creator of the Heaven and Earth, and many pharoahs would proclaim to be "Amen-Ra" where the word Amen means true witness to the creation as well as Ra is believed to be meant as "creator, or creative power."

where the heck does "amen-ra" come from? there was never a time when he was called that. he was however merged with atum or amun, as they were very much like him being solar gods and creators.
also no pharaoh ever identified with atum-ra or amun-re, they identified with horus and osiris, hence why pharaohs have "a horus name" because horus represented osirus and the pharaoh represented horus on earth.

Some people go so far as to equate the Eye of Ra with the all seeing eye and other symbolism.
The eye of horus and the eye of Ra are both known as the same thing.

that is because horus and ra were both solar deities and merged, the eye of ra is the sun, and it sees everything.

as always people need to remember that egyptian beliefs were very fluid and they could merge 3 gods into one without concern.
then again we could talk about akhenaten. who took an aspect of ra called the aten and made a religion up that said all the gods were mere aspects of the aten, and kicked the other cult priests out of their temples and destroyed anything related to the other gods in a bid to control egyptian religion.
they hated him so much that the egyptians attempted to obliterate anything documenting his reign or existence, we are lucky any of it survived.
it was unpopular enough even shortly after his farther died that when tutankhamun took the throne he abandoned his name tutankhaten to distance himself from the cult his father created.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
if your discussing the eye of ra............then top scholars still discuss this point

whether there is one eye...whether it differs between sun and moon

but the eye of ra is an aspect of hathor

hathor was the original isis...hathor had many faces...one of the main face was her angry side..the lion sekhmet.

so the eye of ra...is sekhmet

Pharaoh is quite correct on this. The "Eyes of Ra" were Bast (bringer of justice) and Sekhmet -- and as he pointed out, the roles of the deities changed over time. They merged with other deities and their aspects adapted to the times and the needs of the people.

The emblem on the US dollar is NOT the Eye of Ra, however. It's the "All Seeing Eye" (or "eye of Providence"), a Medieval symbol for the omniscience of the Christian deity. It differs from the Eye of Ra in many respects. While the two are linked in distant times, at the founding of the United States, there was no such thing as Egyptology and the name of Ra was not known.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Howdy Byrd

and the name of Ra was not known

Question on that - was there no Roman or Greek commentary on Ra?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

They always mean Saturn when they say Sol, for they switched our sun with the dark star. But their words and symbology is useless, for its a thoughtscape and our intention of heart is far superior to any dark side trap. I just want them to stop what they're doing and repent and go back home with us. They're the prodigal son and need our love.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Byrd

Howdy Byrd

I would have thought manetho would have something on his worship, maybe he was worshiped under a different name? Maybe the cult was out of favor?
I'd love to know myself.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

They always mean Saturn when they say Sol, for they switched our sun with the dark star. But their words and symbology is useless, for its a thoughtscape and our intention of heart is far superior to any dark side trap. I just want them to stop what they're doing and repent and go back home with us. They're the prodigal son and need our love.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

This is nonsense, where is the evidence of such a thing?
It was common for the romans to conflate egyptian gods with their own, but they aren't dumb enough to mistake the sun for saturn.
This sounds completely made up by someone who has no knowlege of the people they are discussing.

Do you have any clue who apollo is? Or helios? Guess what they are? Gods of the sun! Guess what helios was in latin? Sol.
They havd a holiday named for him sol invictus, invoking of the sun, dec 25.
Saturn has never had any connection to the sun, the word sol means sun!

Where do people get this junk!? Sol has always been the sun!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat

reply to post by Byrd

Howdy Byrd

I would have thought manetho would have something on his worship, maybe he was worshiped under a different name? Maybe the cult was out of favor?
I'd love to know myself.

what i think byrd is telling you

is that the era of elightenment...18/19 century.... is when we found out about mantheo, AE, and all the rest of the information gathered by our scholars

so yes...the romans knew...the greeks knew...mantheo knew.....but.. we didnt know that they knew! ..untill the enlightenment era....which was after america was founded
edit on 15-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Byrd

Howdy Byrd

To the best of my knowledge, no. By the time of the Ptolemeys, he had transformed into Amun-Ra/Atum-Ra and Ra-Horakhty (which the Greeks then turned into "Harpocrates" (the god of silence.) Names were Hellenized, and as far as I know there's no actual commentary about "Ra."

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat
I'd love to know myself.

Most of Manetho's Aegyptiaca has been lost, and what remains doesn't list Ra. However, his material was mentioned by other writers of that time and later.

To cite from Wikipedia:

Volume 1 begins from the earliest times, listing gods and demigods as kings of Egypt. Stories of Isis, Osiris, Set, or Horus might have been found here. Manetho does not transliterate either, but gives the Greek equivalents by a convention that predates him: (Egyptian) Ptah = (Greek) Hephaistos; Isis = Demeter; Thoth = Hermes; Horus = Apollo; Seth = Typhon; etc. This is one of the clues as to how syncretism developed between seemingly disparate religions. He then proceeds to Dynastic Egypt, from Dynasty I to XI. This would have included the Old Kingdom, the First Intermediate Period, and the early Middle Kingdom.
source: en.wikipedia.org...

So, no. You notice that Ra doesn't even show up in that list.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thanks for the reply and answer!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Research. For years.

en.wikipedia.org...

El is Caananite

In the Canaanite religion, or Levantine religion as a whole, Ēl or Il was the supreme god, the father of humankind and all creatures and the husband of the goddess Asherah as recorded in the clay tablets of Ugarit (modern Ra′s Shamrā - Arabic: رأس شمرا‎, Syria).[2]

The noun ʾēl was found at the top of a list of gods as the "Ancient of gods" or the "Father of all gods", in the ruins of the royal archive of the Ebla civilization, in the archaeological site of Tell Mardikh in Syria dated to 2300 BC. The bull was symbolic to Ēl and his son Baʻal Hadad, and they both wore bull horns on their headdress.[3][4][5][6] He may have been a desert god at some point, as the myths say that he had two wives and built a sanctuary with them and his new children in the desert. Ēl had fathered many gods, but most important were Hadad, Yam, and Mot.....

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
Schools, Courts, Churches, and the Cult of Saturn

truedemocracyparty.net...

The black cube symbolizes Saturn/El as well.

www.templumdeorum.org...
n-saturnalia-and-the-festival-day-of-sol-invictus&catid=56:festivals&Ite mid=53

On Saturnalia and the Festival Day of Sol Invictus
by Michael Small (2005)

Saturnalia and the cult day for Sol Invictus are two Roman holiday celebrations held in the days leading up to and preceding the modern Winter Solstice. The Saturnalia itself was originally held on the 17th of December, but the festival eventually extended from the 17th of December until the 23rd, and Romans honoured the birthday of Sol Invictus on the 25th of December. In this article I will endeavour to provide an overview of these two important festivals in antiquity and consider how they might be celebrated today. Also, as the theme for this edition of The Hearth is light and darkness I will also consider some possible interpretations of these festivals as they relate to the shortest day, the agricultural cycle, and the whole notion of hidden potential for growth expressed through the Roman holiday season. I believe it is important to consider both holidays together, since they are not only closely tied together in date and theme, but are also both part of the larger season the Roman’s called ‘Bruma’ or Midwinter.

I've been researching these for a long time, for all of our religions are coded. They even have the sun/sol coded as the dark star saturn.

Its like seeing a duality, and the idea of most stars being binaries, one light, one gravity. Lightness and humor is Love and Family. Murder is the worst gravity going, in the infinite frequencies. And this is the testing ground.
Its the Love of Power versus Power of Love, its the pyramid versus the womb/challice or infinite equal progression. Its scarsity versus abundance, or slavery/beehive soup versus Infinite Family and Equality. Dark side versus Love side/Lightness of heart, guilt free and angels wings.

What they don't realize is there is no way that cheaters and coders prosper. Every second of our lives is watched over, and the world around us is perceptional, we're all on hotel earth in a co-shared reality, but we often are in private rooms. So when they code everything metaphorically dark, and people uplift and redeem all concepts to love and light in the hearts, wonder what is happening there....

Love always wins and overcomes all.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by demongoat

Its the Love of Power versus Power of Love, its the pyramid versus the womb/challice or infinite equal progression. Its scarsity versus abundance, or slavery/beehive soup versus Infinite Family and Equality. Dark side versus Love side/Lightness of heart, guilt free and angels wings.

Great new age paragraph can you translate please?

What they don't realize is there is no way that cheaters and coders prosper.

I know I'll hate myself later for asking but.....who are the 'cheaters and coders'?

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join