It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solomon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
What is the real significance of the man, "KING SOLOMON"?

I have read of him in relation to masons but i havent gotten enough info to form a reasonable understanding of him.

I am led to believe that he is indeed significant.

If you have anything to contribut please do--
the light of misinformation blinds me, and i prefer the shroud of darkness that is wisdom. hehe!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   

The LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.

Lo, sons are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the sons of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

(Psalm 127. A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon.)

Which leads on to the allegory and symbolism of the story of the biulding of the temple by Solomon as laid down by his father David.

As far as 'Freemasonry' is concerned it is not Solomon who is so important, but the story and the lessons of fidelity and honor that surround that story.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by billmcelligott]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
billmcelligot,

forgive me but i dont understand the significance of your quote.

i am reading:

is it a society of common descendants who devote themselves to the labor and dedication of creating unbreakable works in the spirit and image of god?

im trying to understand just this part of the scripture that you quoted as it i think it must be a summation of a greater significance.

am i close at all?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.

Lo, sons are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the sons of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

This is one of the songs of Solomon.

The symbolism and allegory in the living theatre which is Freemasonry , tells the story of the Builders of these Temples . The trials and tribulations of their efforts.

Teach you children to follow the path of Fidelity and honor, then you will build a Fraternity worthy of the builder.

Now these are my words, not any official report. No one man speaks for Freemasonry.

Freemasonry is a novel that has a hundred thousand different endings. You read the book , but you decide the ending. You are the ending.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Solomon was a brilliant military and civic leader who aslo was very involved in the occult. There are extensive volumes written about spells and ciphers that Solomen used to conjure spirits to his aid. Apart from the conjuring of spirits Solomon was also very intrested in geometry, architecture, and alchemy. His conection with freemason's stems from the "sacred" symbolism found in the creation of "the temple of solomen." Solomens temple is also rumered to have house many jewish relics notably the Ark of the Covenant and ancient scrolls pertaining to the mysteries of Judiasm. Long after Solomens death the temple fell into the hands of the Muslims and Christian's. It changed hands a number of times and eventualy was supposidly excavated by the Knights Templar. Rumors abound about what the Templars found, everything from the Ark, The Holy Grail, and the Bloodline of Christ.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Truly, there are significant RUMOURS about what was found at the site of the temple and what has been removed... you asked about the significance of Solomon (whose name really was, I believe, Schlomo) in masonic ritual. He signifies the adult, the rational mind... the upright moral man, a pillar of strength and righteousness.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
For more info on Solomon try reading "the lesser key of Solomon" (LEMEGETON CLAVICULA SALOMONIS), it contains a catalogue of daemons/other spirits he was said to conjure up, and drawings of their seals, also many other esoteric texts and drawings.

An online version can be found here;

www.esotericarchives.com...

[edit on 5-11-2004 by electric squid carpet]

top topics

join