It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Whispers Of Harmony* New Graphic Art

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I absolutely LOVE this! I used to do graphic design to the point of being really quite obsessive about it. I haven't done anything for a number of years now though.

I really love the colors you've chosen here on this design, really serene. I plan on redoing my bedroom this summer and this is close to the color scheme I'm leaning towards...so relaxing.

Nice job!!

S&F

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Those both were very nice Starwise.

Very beautiful.

Cirque

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's not too bad. I've done some knotwork illustrations myself. (Some get a little crazy like a flattened turks-head knot variants or a trefoil/Sierpenski-triangle hybrid.) I'd suggest that Illustrator might be a better program to use if you find yourself working with the pen tool a lot in Photoshop. (It's more vector orientated and has more tools for that kind of thing.)

I also find illustrating knotwork/lattice patterns are a good way to kill time while doing a lot of waiting. There's actually a kind of method to the madness too, which is meditative in a way. One nice thing is that the clipboard with paper and pencil don't need recharging and run out of juice like a tablet (my other time eating device) does.
edit on 11-5-2013 by pauljs75 because: tiny gramatical fix

edit on 11-5-2013 by pauljs75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You are a natural, you really should consider a career as a professional crop circle architect, or 33rd degree free mason.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Wow, your work is lovely! Dont want to sound rude or demanding but I would very much enjoy seeing more pieces from you, your paintings too!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well Done. I like the symbolism. I Like the color. I like the way you 'layered' symbols upon symbols, but you can still pick them out. I like the texture. I like, so I to give you a star. Very Nice. Keep Art-ting!

edit on 12/5/2013 by CarbonBase because: spelling - context

edit on 12/5/2013 by CarbonBase because: more spelling - less context

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Thank you all for the compliments and tips!!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by neilarm

You are a natural, you really should consider a career as a professional crop circle architect, or 33rd degree free mason.

Not quite sure how to take that?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
I just recently started getting really interested in Graphic Art. I normally paint or work with pencils or charcoals, but decided to see what I could do with photoshop. I have a few more that I have done but this one is my favorite.

Thoughts? Anyone else do graphic design?

Titled: Whispers Of Harmony

Thanks for Looking

*Starwise
edit on 10-5-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

love the design if you iterate on it would love to see those iterations as well!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfzilla

HUH??
Do you mean like how many layers I used?? Answer A LOT!
I used noise, blurs, difference clouds, lens flares etc...and vectors
I just found the color combo I wanted and went from there...

edit on 12-5-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Wow. Although I'm not a graphic designer, and so my words may not hold as much weight, or authority, I have to say, this doesn't look like a beginner's work! Perhaps your experience in other mediums has helped. Or maybe you just have the "the artist's touch", or some kind of Art Gene XD hey those are both first names XP Art Gene. Gene Art. Hmmm. I hope you will share more
And yes, someone will eventually ask if they use one of your images as an avatar. I was half tempted myself XD

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Oh very lovely indeed! I love the color combinations and symbols you decided to use, of course being Pagan, I would. lol

Keep on creating! I love Photoshop as well, I can lose myself in the program for hours if not a whole day or two. lol

Have you fiddled around with liquify yet? It's super handy and fun. It's in the filter drop down menu.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by KashiDoll
Oh very lovely indeed! I love the color combinations and symbols you decided to use, of course being Pagan, I would. lol

Keep on creating! I love Photoshop as well, I can lose myself in the program for hours if not a whole day or two. lol

Have you fiddled around with liquify yet? It's super handy and fun. It's in the filter drop down menu.

Thank you. Once I get on Photoshop I may spend 10-12 hours before I quit. I can't stop playing around....The hardest part is learning all the tools
I have tried just about every filter there is (I think) now I am going to have to go check

top topics

<< 1   >>

join