It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Dubstepish type track...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
SoundCloud - What Dreams May Come

is my first attempt at dubstep...

Your critique is most appreciated!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I'm not really a fan of dub step, but this is a well produced track for sure. Nice work mate.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Thanks buddy, much appreciated!

I used my Native Instruments Maschine with Komplete 8 Sound files.... most of the time was loading the files, then it was a matter of playing the scenes in order..

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Just had a listen to your Dubstep track. Your drums are a bit clean and not crunchy or distorted enough IMO.
Nasty drums with big nasty bassline drops is the key. Its more hip hop than dubstep at the moment.

Put some breaks in there and drop big nasty bass lines after them. Build the tune up without drums and make the synths leads exciting and drop into heavy Bass lines and drums. Have more drum variations from 4/4 beat speeding up into Break beats.

Thing is there is so much dubstep out there these days its hard to define what dubstep should sound like.
Make it exciting and varied. Dubstep should be full of suprises and make the listener anticipate the next drops.

Shocking and puching drops is the key to dubstep IMO. But good effort in any case.

To get dubstep right you have to listen to alot of it for a long time.

edit on 9/5/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa

Just had a listen to your Dubstep track. Your drums are a bit week and not crunchy or distorted enough IMO.
Nasty drums with big nasty bassline drops is the key. Its more hip hop than dubstep at the moment.

Put some breaks in there and drop big nasty bass lines after them. Build the tune up without drums and make the synths leads exciting and drop into heavy Bass lines and drums. Have more drum variations from 4/4 beat speeding up into Break beats.

Thing is there is so much dubstep out there these days its hard to define what dubstep should sound like.
Make it exciting and varied. Dubstep should be full of suprises and make the listener anticipate the next drops.

Shocking and puching drops is the key to dubstep IMO. But good effort in any case.

To get dubstep right you have to listen to alot of it for a long time.

AWESOME!!!!! This is great! Yes I realised it was only the 'wows' that made it to that genre, but yes, I will rework on that track and make a new one, thanks for your advice!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Well sounds like all the wobbles are in the right places. I want to get the Maschine, but can't really afford it right now. I need something that's a bit more tactile for making beats than a midi keyboard.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Your welcome m8.

Iv not published a Dubstep track yet even though I have experimental demo tracks I have made over the past few years sitting on my hard drive. Trance and DnB is mainly what I do, but I have this lost secret place for dubstep somewhere inside me haha. Mainstream commercial dubstep is all over the place at the moment and is smothering the best stuff.

Have you got NI Massive Vst ? if not its a must for Dubstep basslines and wobbles

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Digging this track, drums could be a little heavier but banging work on your sounds, and pretty f****** dope melody.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
How about us electronic muso's collaborate together and make some good music between us. ATS members coming together to make music. Music inspired by some of the best topics on ATS.

Sounds cool to me.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
How about us electronic muso's collaborate together and make some good music between us. ATS members coming together to make music. Music inspired by some of the best topics on ATS.

Sounds cool to me.

You should post that as thread
It sounds like an awesome idea

Cody

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

SnF friend. I dig it. Makes me wanna move and groove. I love dancing
Thanks for sharing

Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-
edit on 9-5-2013 by natalia because: Spelling

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the replies, its much appreciated.

I tried something new...

Using the harmonics of 432Hz, I routed the output of this track through a plugin using Pythegorus Algorithm at 432Hz.... Its supposed to vibrate at the 'crown chakra' level as discussed in the movie 'Cosmic 432' about music and Marko Rodins work on Vortex Based Mathematics.

For best results, please use headphones... I would like your feedback to see if you felt any sensations listening to this track...

Thanks

VBM - 432Hz Harmonics - Crown Trance Chakra
edit on 13/5/9 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

The dubstep in your OP............ that was GREAT! I could see Marquese Scott in my mind's eye, flowing bonelessly to it. Really good work. Refreshing too, as much of the dubstep tracks I've heard lately seem to want to assault the senses with screetches pushed momentarily by a lot of gain. ... .... or, I'm just old.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hey Guys,

I found Ohm Studio - collaborative Music Software...

Check out the thread I started - lets get together and collaborate on Music!!!

ATS Thread - Ohm Studio

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hey all, I used another track I made...this time for a kickstarter project I just launched... due to T&C's I can't forward you to the kickstarter, but heres the video I used my music on!

top topics

join