It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Not to Tolerate Further Israeli Attacks on Damascus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

The reason for this is because they obviously aren't planning on actually doing anything but are hoping Israel won't call their bluff. Russians have never been good at poker and should stick to chess. That said, everyone should stay out of this civil war because the governments from the Arab spring that ended up being the best were in nations like Tunisia and Egypt where there was no direct military involvement by the west. We don't need extremists who can only win because of direct military involvement such as airstrikes by western forces taking control in Syria.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think Russia's statement is mostly them being "polite" or what passes for it from Putin, hehe....

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what interest we have in Syria. For the life of me, I can't.

For Russia, it makes more sense. Syria represents their last foothold in the middle east. I get that. But what do we have to gain if either Assad stays in power, or the rebels take over? Nothing, far as I can see. (other than maybe closing that door to Russia?)

But who's to say they will? The rebels have NO love for us.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Love is a strange emotion, and not many humans understand or had understood it and its rather peculiar motivations.

But hate is easily and simply aroused, and burnt forever, more so when one is found to be turning a blind eye to mass suffering.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
If that dog putin will not tolerate further attacks on Damascus, NEITHER WILL MANKIND tolerate his belligerance on support for the HumanSlayer Assad to continue his massacres upon our fellow human brothers and sisters in Syria, the innocent syrian civilian men, women and children, and threaten war upon his neighbours with his wmds.

He may accept his own atrocities upon Chechnya's innocent ethnic muslims, and his radical militant chechen puppet's slaughter of innocent russian children in Beslan, mankind will not stand with him.

Best he wakes up. He is no emperor, but only a dog, to serve mankind. Respect for his status as President have to be earned, and he shown nothing worthy. Screw around with the applecart, and see who gets bashed. There's 7 billion of us, and he is but one, or at most, a few bootlickers, even if he thinks nukes can be a gamechanger.

As Clint Eastwood would say 'Go ahead. Make our day'.
Watch this video then come back here and say the rebels (terrorists) are not killing off entire innocent families for propaganda.
*warning graphic video*
www.liveleak.com...
If you want a clue ask your self why blood is still pouring from a persons throat when the terrorists claim that Assads forces did it...
edit on 11-5-2013 by SKUNK2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Will Russia tolerate a Turkish attack following the car bombings today? They may have no choice.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
If he was so hated, the people would have removed him a long time ago.

Thing is, dictators like Assad have a knack for removing people before they are able to be in a position to threaten the body politic. It is what happens in police states.

The Russians are probably rather embarrassed by the fact that all these high profile missile systems they have been delivering to Syria have proved ineffectual. Is it me, or is Russian equipment over egged?

In reality, Russia can do very little except confound and frustrate international initiatives to remove Assad, or broker peace. Israel knows that any significant intervention would merely play into Assad’s hands, which is why any action so far has appears to have been limited and specifically targeted. Israel knows that their best course of action is to let Syria disintegrate and remain dysfunctional – best type of humiliation is when even your enemies refuse to act!

Regards

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Thing is, dictators like Assad have a knack for removing people before they are able to be in a position to threaten the body politic. It is what happens in police states.

The Russians are probably rather embarrassed by the fact that all these high profile missile systems they have been delivering to Syria have proved ineffectual. Is it me, or is Russian equipment over egged?

In reality, Russia can do very little except confound and frustrate international initiatives to remove Assad, or broker peace. Israel knows that any significant intervention would merely play into Assad’s hands, which is why any action so far has appears to have been limited and specifically targeted. Israel knows that their best course of action is to let Syria disintegrate and remain dysfunctional – best type of humiliation is when even your enemies refuse to act!

Regards

If you were assad would you give up power to Islamic extremists who want to bring Sharia law??? lol
What do you mean about Russian missile systems??? Last time i checked the terrorists didnt have planes so why would Syria deploy missiles??? LOL

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

Originally posted by paraphi

Regards

If you were assad would you give up power to Islamic extremists who want to bring Sharia law??? lol
What do you mean about Russian missile systems??? Last time i checked the terrorists didnt have planes so why would Syria deploy missiles??? LOL

Assad could have given power to the people instead of shooting them before their were any islamic extremists. And the rebels do have aircraft both from over running airbases and defecting members of the air force. What will be interesting to watch is now that the rebels are getting anti aircraft weapons they will sooner or later start shooting down the Iranian planes that have been supplying Assad. The question is will Iran accept these losses and continue or cut them and write Assad off? Hezbollah has been Irans main weapon against Isreal and without Syria as a shelter that will be the end of them. Of course Hezbollah is now fighting the rebels to help prop up Assad along side Irans special forces and Lebanese militias so they are not much use against Isreal anyway. I expect when Assad falls the his few loyal Syrian units, Hezbollah, the Iranians will head in to Lebanon and creat a new power base. Something I doubt Isreal or large parts of the Lebanese will not allow,

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Show me where the 'rebels' have aircraft?..definately in the form of drone support from the USA:
worldnews.nbcnews.com...

edit on 12-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join