It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Anonymous Guantanamo video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... anonymous was posted yesterday on youtube...I would like ATS response to this, I need enlightenment on this subject, to help me to understand both sides of whether to keep Guantanamo open or to close it...thanks
edit on (5/8/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Video doesn't seem to be working for me.
Keep getting "invalid request".

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

I haven't watched it yet but here you go.
---
Anon G-Bay
---

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

thank you for the help I guess I need to learn how to put the videos directly in the posts like that...thanks again

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Umm....did you watch the vid in your op?

How could you possibly even come close to believing that such a place, and such a system should exist ANYWHERE - let alone under the control of a country that ironically refers to itself as the 'land of the free'?

Just put yourself in any of these peoples' shoes - empathise.

No charges, no lawyer, no court date, no sentence - no release date. My God it is utterly appalling.

Worse - the majority of those held have been cleared of being any kind of terrorist threat - it is claimed that they cannot now be released because they may be tortured in their country of origin. You really couldn't make it up.

It is a travesty,
edit on 8-5-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well you could certainly end the prison aspect of it but why in the world would you ever close it and move out?

Its a very strategic spot in a country not known to be friendly to America. Worth keeping as at least an information gathering base.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Yes GITMO needs to be closed and if Obama were even half the dictator that our radical right wingers claim he is, it would have been closed long ago when he first signed the order. Congress is responsible for keeping it open as it was they who de-funded all efforts to close the base.

The prison aspect of GITMO was created for the very purpose of side-stepping our Constitution as well as several global treaties such as the Geneva Conventions. Secret renditions to foreign countries were also instituted for the same reasons.

It is my opinion that if the whole truth ever comes out, (which it would if the base were closed and the prisoners tried in an American court) it will demand the first ever prosecution of an american President for crimes against humanity and the President I speak of has some very powerful friends who thwart every effort to close the base, some of whom could possibly be tried for the very same offenses.

It's a sham of the highest order. I say, close the base and let the chips fall where they may.

What happened to "And Justice For All?"

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Well you could certainly end the prison aspect of it but why in the world would you ever close it and move out?

Its a very strategic spot in a country not known to be friendly to America. Worth keeping as at least an information gathering base.
edit on 8-5-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

As long as we have the spot, we're going to have the prisoners- no matter what they say. In fact, I can almost guarentee you not even ONE prisoner will be officially released, the gov will just relocate them to any of the hundreds of secret CIA prisons we have all over the world. At the end of the day, the only ones who will be happy will be the deceived and the deceivers.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

Umm....did you watch the vid in your op?

How could you possibly even come close to believing that such a place, and such a system should exist ANYWHERE - let alone under the control of a country that ironically refers to itself as the 'land of the free'?

Just put yourself in any of these peoples' shoes - empathise.

No charges, no lawyer, no court date, no sentence - no release date. My God it is utterly appalling.

Worse - the majority of those held have been cleared of being any kind of terrorist threat - it is claimed that they cannot now be released because they may be tortured in their country of origin. You really couldn't make it up.

It is a travesty,
edit on 8-5-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

IF everything the video says were true, and what you believed were true, I would agree with you.

However, you and many others have been misled.

Torture? Hardly. These prisoners get three square meals a day, have unlimited access to legal resources, have just about everything they ask for -- food, clothing, medical.

Yet you forget that they are terrorists. They were not just haphazardly arrested and brought there. They are there for a reason.

Yes, unfortunately, there are dark secrets in the war on terror. And yes, there is torture that goes on. But these are cold, hard realities that need to be done.

Hunger strike? Good. I hope they all starve to death.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
...the President I speak of has some very powerful friends who thwart every effort to close the base...

When Dear Leader speaks of closing Guantanamo he is refering only to the prison. The Naval and Air Force Bases are not what he would move to close. We have a sweetheart lease for them and he would be pilloried for even implying the notion.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

... it will demand the first ever prosecution of an american President for crimes against humanity and the President I speak of has some very powerful friends who thwart every effort to close the base, some of whom could possibly be tried for the very same offenses....

The President that should be tried for war crimes is GW Bush, except he's too stupid to have done it on his own. You'll need to try Bush's handler, Dick Cheney.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

IF everything the video says were true, and what you believed were true, I would agree with you.

However, you and many others have been misled.

Torture? Hardly. These prisoners get three square meals a day, have unlimited access to legal resources, have just about everything they ask for -- food, clothing, medical.

Yet you forget that they are terrorists. They were not just haphazardly arrested and brought there. They are there for a reason.

Yes, unfortunately, there are dark secrets in the war on terror. And yes, there is torture that goes on. But these are cold, hard realities that need to be done.

Hunger strike? Good. I hope they all starve to death.

I've been misled? You think the US is doing them proud because they actually feed these people? They may well have unlimited access to legal resources - but to what end? There are NO charges? No court procedures.

You cannot surely have the audacity to claim that they are ALL terrorists?

In 2009, the Obama administration assembled a Task Force of representatives from federal agencies, including the CIA, FBI and Pentagon, to examine the files of the detainees brought to Guantánamo during the Bush years.

It concluded that 46 of the 166 men now there should be held indefinitely, without trial or charge.

But it found that 56 were eligible for transfer and another 30 might be eligible for transfer if certain conditions were met. The majority are Yemeni men, like Hamiri, whose transfer has been put on hold by a combination of congressional restrictions on releases and a White House freeze on transfers in particular to Yemen, which has a fervent al-Qaida franchise called Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula.

Miami Herald

It is telling that you are unable to cite just what the reasons were that brought them there. Don't you think that's wrong? And of the people that are deemed unsuitable for release they must remain without charge and without trial? Why is that? Don't you think that's wrong? If these people are terrorists prove it in a court of law and sentence them. That's what a civilised society should do.

Of those cleared to leave 'if certain conditions are met' - you realise that those conditions are that they will not be tortured by their country of origin? Don't you find that ironic?

And while you open your post denying torture occurs you end it with 'And yes, there is torture that goes on.' So which is it? You obviously already know the answer to that.

Between the illegal conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq, the existence of Guantánamo and the fact that it still has the death penalty I long ago stopped respecting the US or regarding it as being, in any way, a civilised society....and I don't think I stand alone. The country behaves like a bullying adolescent and really needs to grow up.
edit on 9-5-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Honestly i feel like if Guantanamo gets closed the US government will just use another military installation on foreign grounds and as is typical by now just keep the people out the know until a situation like this arises and they have to repeat the process in a constant cycle.

new topics

top topics

join