It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Guard Hans Lipschis, 93, Arrested For Wartime Crimes In Auschwitz

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
reply to post by peck420

It's even worse than that, IBM sold the Nazi's the technology to keep track of how many people were sent to the gas chambers...

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, oh yes, the first ever computer designed by IBM was a system based on cards with holes punched in them..
IBM, Siemens and may more German companys became rich thanks to their war efforts for the nazi's..
And many, many, many more became even richer thanks to the loans they recieved from the German government, who recieved the money from America and Britain to rebuild the nation they had flattened only a couple of years earlier...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Yes, oh yes, the first ever computer designed by IBM was a system based on cards with holes punched in them..
IBM, Siemens and may more German companys became rich thanks to their war efforts for the nazi's..
And many, many, many more became even richer thanks to the loans they recieved from the German government, who recieved the money from America and Britain to rebuild the nation they had flattened only a couple of years earlier...

And all the profits from the concentration camp and forced labour programmes, and the acquisitions of Jewish businesses, were then syphoned out of Germany via Allen Dulles's office in Berne, Switzerland after 1942 and used to fund the Marshall Plan. All the bankers, industrial leaders and corporate board members, sentenced under the charge of facilitating the 'waging of aggressive war' were then pardoned during John J McCloy's tenure as US High Commissioner for Germany.

edit on 8-5-2013 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I guess justice is justice. It good he is caught.

But at 93 he hasnt got much justice to face. chances are he will be dead before a trial and even if guilty he will be found too old to serve time due to his medical needs or even if put in prison he will be lucky to remeber his name let alone know were he is

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I see the whole arresting of this man and the nazi wartime crimes propaganda nothing but bull crap, this man was allowed to go free for decades and now that he is old and with one foot in the grave they get him?.
Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justice for whom, the man is almost death.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by buster2010

No the reason why this is being done is to keep the holocaust in peoples minds because it means big bucks.

Ahh, a little naive no? It's done, and continues to be done, when Israel needs some good PR. What's that, you just up and bombed the crap out of Syria while they are having a civil war, knowing that puts plenty of people in danger?

Oh, hey look ,we caught a Nazi. Lets wave that flag a little more. Lets mention Hitler a few times, and those silly gentiles will shutup for another few years. Don't get me wrong, if he is indeed who they say he is, he must stand trial and be punished if found guilty. But I guess I just find it to be a non story reported at the most opportune time.

It does mean big bucks. Just ask Spielberg and every other filmmaker that has millions off the holocaust not to mention how it was used to extort billions from banks. Dr. Norman Finkelstein wrote a very good book on it called The Holocaust Industry you should give it a read.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Covertblack
If you guys feel the need to kill grandpa for symbolism, so be it. He won't in all likely hood make it long in a cell, and his fate is pretty much decided at this point.

Grandpa, long before he was grandpa, killed and tortured thousands of people and helped them on the way to the gas chamber or helped them die of exhaustion in the labour camps.

He also enjoyed what he did.

He isn't even German, he's from Lithuania...so he VOLUNTEERED to do what he did.

Were you living back then and knew him personally? Now you are just spewing BS. You have no more proof he killed anyone than the racist Wiesenthal center does.

No, i have no proof personally.
However im sure the inmates who have their camp identification number tattooed on the forearm, and who saw what he did to their families and friends day after day, im pretty sure these people have his face burned into their memories.

Im sure when they were asked to identify the camp guards from their photos after the war, those inmates that survived had no difficulty in identifying Lipschis as one of them.

As a "volksdeutsche", or someone from an occupied territory thought ethnically akin to the Germans living beyond the borders of the Reich, he volunteered for the 3rd SS battalion (Totenkopf) and was made corporal in Feb. 1943 and then sergeant in Feb. 1944.
Clearly he was proficient at what he did.

P.S.Deny Ignorance...it's what this site is all about.

The man was a as the article claims a cook. Where is the proof of him doing anything to anyone? The reason why a German would rise in rank fast is because at that time they were getting killed off. And seeing how you are embracing ignorance don't tell someone else to deny it.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Perhaps the man volunteered for this...........
Maybe the rest of the rats who escaped via ratlines to SouthAmerica,Canada,Australia,even the good ole USA....
(including a possible 10,000 paperclip nazis) will get a breather for a while now the world has somebody to blame.
We do know the Germans have a shadowy group of exnazis who have the remains of the stolen resources of many countries, and the power of major German Corporations (in which they have invested) as well as multinational corps.
This group remains in control of vast holdings in Agentina and elsewhere....
Claus Barbie,(the Butcher of Lyone) was the head of the intelligence service of a South American country!
The more i learn, the less i believe we actually "won" WW2

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

There probably will not be to much justice he will probably die before he spends to much time in prison.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010The man was a as the article claims a cook. Where is the proof of him doing anything to anyone? The reason why a German would rise in rank fast is because at that time they were getting killed off.

Well, the justice system of his home town Aalen have him in custody because "exists compelling evidence" of his being directly connected with murders in the camp.

And your theory about his rise in the ranks doesnt hold water, as there wasn't many combat related deaths in the kitchens, because he was a cook right??

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Thing is even if this 93 year old man is found guilty then imprisoned that makes us just as bad as the Nazis!

You cannot in all good conscience imprison a 93 year old Man. That's got to be considered cruel and unusual punishment in any civilised nation hence against our basic human rights in my opinion!

Not saying these people should not atone or be held accountable for their sins, but what do we do with them in the present era?

He will meet his maker soon enough, I say let YHWH judge him.
edit on 8-5-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Really?? let him rot and prepare for the HELL that is in front of him...Oh wait ..yeah lets let him live the rest of his life in peace because we are all nice people after all.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

Wette and his colleagues have examined 33 verdicts of treason delivered by the Nazi military justice system. Their conclusion is that the image of the so-called traitors in the public mind is largely false. Particularly in the last years of the war, most of the executed traitors were ordinary soldiers. Simply criticizing the regime in private was enough to warrant a death sentence. Saving Jews was also regarded as treason. In the case of the soldier Josef Salz, writing journal entries which were favorable towards Jews and critical of Adolf Hitler was enough for him to be condemned to death by military judges.

You raise some good points here. The responsibility of the war crimes lie solely at the feet of the leaders in charge that made the policies these men had to fall under.

Also, given that some 60+ years have passed, and this guy is an alleged "criminal", you would think he would have quite a rap sheet since then, seeing how he is such a horrible human being.

Whats that? He has no criminal history since ww2? Sounds like the ones judging him don't have a lot to stand on.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Huh. Judging by the responses here, I could go totally evil, decide to murder countless people, be it randomly or systematically. And if I evade capture via hiding or globe-trotting around until my elderly years, then that's fine because prosecuting me for my crimes would be a waste of time & money at that age. Good to know! All aspiring future Charles Mansons, Ted Bundys and the like should take note of that, and hide themselves well so they can get away with it scot-free. /sarcasm

There are still living victims out there. There's people who lived their lives kin-less. If a domestic monster did that crap for years to people, murdering whole families for XYZ reasons, leaving some survivors, and managed to never get caught for most of their life, you'd be having a sh**fit about it, and demanding execution RIGHTNAO for justice & closure for the victims & survivors.

Bunch of hypocrites you are. You should be pushing for justice for these people he & other Nazi war criminals harmed, left orphaned, KILLED. You should also be pushing equally hard for trials & captures of other war criminals from other wars elsewhere around the globe. But you won't, because it's easier to plop your butt behind a computer & b**ch & moan about justice for one war's victims than it is to actually do something to garner justice for other war crimes victims in other places. Where's the staunch support -- and I don't just mean 'Yeah, man, I agree' -- for war crimes trials for the nuked Japanese civilians, the Agent Orange ravaged Vietnamese, the napalmed, the carpet bombed? If you don't pressure for justice, it'll never happen at all. Apathy by way of blaming inaction on wealth & crooked government is the first step in ensuring it never comes to fruition.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Posted in the wrong thread, my bad!
edit on 10-5-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001

Whats that? He has no criminal history since ww2? Sounds like the ones judging him don't have a lot to stand on.

Maybe germans need few more stories like that to show the world that they still hunt ex nazis... Wait till the payments toward other countries are finished (I've heard Germany finished paying Great Britain for the ww2 damages), including the monthly tax they pay to jewish people and Izrael. After that don't be surprised if we hear about new nazis coming out of the shadows. If there is people who seriously think that an ideology of that kind, so strong and powerful with such repercussion in a global scale was just wiped out because of the Nuremberg or because USA and Izreal wanted to, then I really do feel sorry for them. We're talking about millions of followers, actually fanatics in their ideology. You think they've given up so fast and changed because others asked them to. Did we forget that we're talking about one of the most disciplined people on the face of the earth ?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Do you seriously think there's any chance that any of the people responsible for any of the more modern atrocities and war crimes will ever be held responsible?

The US doesn't even recognize the ICC so none of it's citizens can ever be tried under it. This is never going to change, so forgive me if I think that trying this 93 year old SS guard is not entirely about justice.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

At 93 years old, he'll probably be glad to die for it. Seriously, what is the point? He's 93 years old. I'm pretty sure at 93, if I live that long, there isn't going to be jack you could do to get a rise out of me....

Sounds like he was a cook.
Sometimes, this just gets taken way too far. Imagine the resources spent tracking this guy down.

Bunch of hypocrites you are. You should be pushing for justice for these people he & other Nazi war criminals harmed, left orphaned, KILLED. You should also be pushing equally hard for trials & captures of other war criminals from other wars elsewhere around the globe.

Sorry, but it is hard to feel any sense of "justice" when punishing a 93 year old man...no matter who he is, or what he's done.... Hypocrite I may be, but it doesn't change my feeling on the matter. (especially when the guy was a cook). Worse yet, how can it be "justice" to condemn a man without witnesses to such atrocities? Justice? I call it bloodlust revenge personally, and it is nearly as appalling as the crimes the man is to be charged for. One article called him, "Hans Lipschis, the world's fourth most wanted 'Nazi'" Seriously? 4th most wanted?

I checked, and there is a recent list of 30-something SS on this list, all of whom are over 90, and all of whom (if still alive) are likely to die within a year or two, never seeing any kind of trial anyhow. Yet, someone will spend millions in resources to get their vengeance, vengeance that may include killing 90 year old cooks and clerks vs. people who actually had any part in it, for all we know. Sure, he could be lying. He may have personally shoved people into ovens, for all we know. But that is the point. We DON'T KNOW, and really CAN'T KNOW. So much for innocent until proven guilty.... But then, he's in Germany now, not the US.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join