It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Clean Your Arteries With One Simple Fruit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am always amazed at the power plants have over the human body... Pomegranate extract is able to reverse thickening of the coronary arteries and remove the fatty build up. We all try and eat healthy but end up eating the wrong foods sometimes.. I am going to get myself a little bottle of Pomegranate extract...

Pomegranate Found To Prevent Coronary Artery Disease Progression A new study published in the journal Atherosclerosis confirms that pomegranate extract may prevent and/or reverse the primary pathology associated with cardiac mortality: the progressive thickening of the coronary arteries caused by the accumulation of fatty materials known as atherosclerosis

www.activistpost.com...

This study adds to the already extant body of clinical research indicating that pomegranate can help unclog your arteries. For instance, back in 2004, the journal Clinical Nutrition published the results of a three year clinical trial in an Israeli population, finding that the daily consumption of pomegranate juice reversed carotid artery stenosis by up to 29% within 1 year. Remarkably, the blockages in the control group increased 9%, indicating that pomegranate's artery unblocking effects were even greater than at first apparent.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Wow Purp, between this extract and onions together we may be on to actual life extension my man.
I really love a healthy post. I'll grab a link so you for sure know what I'm getting at to for:.

SnF

Do you remember this one Purp ?
edit on 7-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
thank you for bringing this up OP..tomorrow i will look into it more so maybe i will suggest this to my father

all I can do from here is S&F you in return

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have always loved Pomegranates, still eat them to this day. They are getting a bit pricey lately, about a £1 a pop at the local ASDA, more if there from a local fruit shop or organic!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
S&F

What about onions?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am now realizing the amazing power of fruits and veggies. I am 9 days into a 60 day juice fast and I have never felt better in my life, plus I've already lost 17 pounds.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If it gets rid of plaques. How does it do with alzheimer plaques?

Mice with a genetic susceptibility towards spontaneous coronary artery blockages were given pomegranate extract via their drinking water for two weeks, beginning at three weeks of age. Despite the fact that pomegranate treatment actually increased cholesterol levels associated with very low density lipoprotein-sized particles, the treatment both reduced the size of the atherosclerotic plaques in the aortic sinus (the dilated opening above the aortic valve) and reduced the proportion of coronary arteries with occlusive atherosclerotic plaques.

Nonetheless I think I'm gonna start taking some of that extract.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Thanks for the info purp..

I never knew that a pomegranate had such amazing properties. I shall be purchasing a bottle of this stuff too..!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for the link bud... Will have a proper read of it morrow... Makes me glad I eat onions though..

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Wow Purp, between this extract and onions together we may be on to actual life extension my man.
I really love a healthy post. I'll grab a link so you for sure know what I'm getting at to for:.

SnF

Do you remember this one Purp ?
edit on 7-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the link too, the healing aspect of onions is a valued one.

On pomegranates, how do you use the extract? Do you put it in a glass, or take it on a spoon. And how much a day? A teaspoon or something, or is it in how many drops? Thanks for the good thread.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Great. One more expensive thing I have to figure out how to eat every day for the rest of my life. I don't want to live a long time, I just want to live well for however much time I have.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Pomegranates are wicked good to eat...but you ever try to peel one apart?
Talk about a red mess of finger staining goodness!

I buy a bottle of the juice once in a while just because I like the taste.
Very excellent fruit to eat and excellent for you!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wouldn't onions be cheaper

Oh Wow, a couple of people already brought onions up. Well, lets say garlic then
Even grapefruit....Right kind of sulfur compounds.
edit on 7-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hmmm
the pomegranate orchard companies must need sales.

However,. i do agree the things of the earth are the healthiest
Man made stuff,.. bad

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A friend of mine is from Syria where they consider pomegranates to be a staple of their diet, very good tasting and very healthy. It's very popular throughout the Mideast. In fact they've been cultivated since Sumerian times and have been mentioned in cuneiform texts as long ago as 3000 BC.

Thanks for bringing this topic up, I'll have to give it a try.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
For my grade 12 Biology IB final project we had to do our own experiment. I'd heard that grapefruits were good for helping your body produce HDL cholesterol, so I decided to do that. My experiment consisted of eating one grapefruit, including all the pith, with every meal, for two weeks. I measured my blood pressure every morning, And every night right before bed. My (admittedly single sample) experiment showed a remarkable reduction in blood pressure after three days.

Anyways, that's my simple fruit for cleaning the arteries. It works. Just don't take grapefruit if you're already on heart medication, or you'll die.

Edit* On a related note: I couldn't stand the taste of grapefruit by the end of the experiment. Though I still like it today. Eating pith religiously is gross.
edit on 7-5-2013 by RedBird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I drink green tea by the gallon, regularly take cod liver oil, eat onions, garlic, fruit, vegetables, take long walks every day, yet had high cholesterol (8.2mmols/l).

Recently started taking Simvastatin and already it's gone down by 3mmols.

So like, go figure...

Big Bad Pharma -1

Mother Earth - 0

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
S&F

Thanks for the info.

Will be following this thread.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention! A synchronicity of sorts -- I just read this story this morning regarding the plaque-reversing effects of pomegranate. I like pomegranate and grapefruit juices mixed together as a morning beverage -- sometimes some fresh papaya blended in.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
One thing that's not mentioned is dosage.
My wife is a medical Dr. and first thing she asked was about dosage. Too much can be bad as too little.
Thx for sharing OP.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join