It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida man’s massive gun collection gets lots of looks....Will be the next warrantless gun raid w

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Florida man’s massive gun collection gets lots of looks

How many guns is that, you say? One hundred and fifteen. The country’s clash over gun control has created anxiety about ammo shortages, increased applications for conceal-carry permits and even brought a Florida man social-media fame. 1980 Colt MKIV/Series '70 Government Model M1911 (@Gun_Collector) @Gun_Collector had 8,500 followers on the photo-sharing site Instagram before the December mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary bolstered calls for tougher firearms laws.

“I don’t consider myself a ‘gun nut,’” the 42-year-old father said. “I have a collection, and it is something I really enjoy and like to share with people. There really is no agenda other than that.”

Will this be the next 'false flag' we hear about? Will the feds find a reason to raid this guy's collection, confiscate all his weapons under some false charge?

We should keep an eye on this guy and his collection

Here's a pic of Gun_Collector & his collection

edit on 5/7/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Never quite got the fear of a number of guns.

Is it based on some fear scale? 1-4 is not scary. 5-10 is a little weird. 11-20 is making me sweat. 21-30 wouldnt want to be his neighbor. 31-40 call the cops!!!

Humans only have two arms and hands. So what if he 5,000 guns? He can only ever use two at a time. Seems that 2 should be the scary alert number then, right?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yeah they will find a reason to bust the guy, and all those who are like him.

He has more than 1 gun capable of holding more than 7 rounds, and looks 'sceery' !!!!!

They aren't done with gun control they will never falter,never yield,never waiver with their 'righteous crusade'.
edit on 7-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Just gonna go out on a limb and assume... yeah i know i shouldn't, but I'm assuming this guy is a responsible gun collector, that's a far cry from Shotgun Bob's demands to be able to walk around with a rifle or shotgun, loaded, just cause it's "Murica".

Beyond that, is this guy trying to conceal his collection? Is he demanding the right to own hundreds of guns without any regulation or oversight. I doubt it.

Actually, this guy seems like a poster child for responsible gun owners.....

So yeah,. wouldn't surprise me at all if they find some way to nail him.

"See, even seemingly responsible gun owners are dangerous"

God I'm turning into one of you guys and i don't even own a BB gun lol
=================
ETA

Just finished reading the linked article. I like this guy, he's responsible, and what's even better, he's trying to educate people on the subject of guns.

This is the type of gun owner that needs to be getting some media attention to offset the biased reporting going on. Then again, a gun with a bunch of guns who didn't kill anyone is a lame story. If it bleeds it leads.
edit on 7-5-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Nice collection. And he will probably suffer some raid for some reason. There is always a good chance some anti-gun nut will make a false report that he threatened them with a particular gun. That is why I don't post pictures of my guns. One, then the criminals know what you have and can find out easily enough where to go to get them.

The other, is it seems to be the key to whether someone did or did not point a gun at you."Can you describe what the gun looked like?" If they describe an actual gun and you have it in your possession, well that is enough probable cause for an arrest. Then try and get the guns back. Good luck, now you are dangerous.

edit on 7/5/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

the number of guns is meaningless until you take into account the person in control of said stockpile. This guy is a gun collector through and through. It's a little different than allowing anyone to amass a stockpile of weapons and ammunition.

And man, that guy has some amazing guns, I bet a trip to the firing range with that guy is 3 weeks worth of fun at once

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

LOL yeah, I don't think he's going to go to jail because someone accuses him of pointing a gun at them, look at this guy, look at his collection, he's not an idiot.

He stores them in gunsafes, making them not only safe from robbery, but safe to have around even with small kids. He's a posterchild for good gun owners.

I'd be worried about him being setup in a sting purchasing an illegal gun, wouldn't be hard really.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think that guy is a little obsessive compulsive. Look at his smile as he sits amongst his collection. It must be finally big enough now so he feels satisfied. It would make him heartbroken to loose them all and have to start over again. Some people are gun collectors, it is a good hobby
edit on 7-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I didn't imply that he would actually point one at someone. I meant, someone could accuse him of it, and if they can describe the gun he allegedly pointed at him, the the police would probably consider it probable cause for an arrest.

That is what i was saying. I agree he is not an idiot and a gun collector well within his right to have. I just wouldn't post pics of my collection in case of said event where some anti-gun nut makes a false accusation, and then can say, "the gun was this color and type, etc".

edit on 7/5/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm sure the ATF already know who he is and if he's following the rules they'll let him be....115 guns aint that bad a stash really.....its the ammo thats the problem as no ammo...no use of the guns except as a bad spear or club

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If the Feds don't find a way to get them, the local criminal element will. What a stupid thing to do. He might as well stroll into a field full of angry bulls, unravel a red flag the size of a king size quilt and yell OLEY!

I read he has safes...and Gun Stores are GIANT safes, in most cases. They still get hit now and then. He's just begging for one or the other to come relieve him of those, IMO. People in this country are killed for far far less than that. There is collecting ..and then there is flaunting and gloating. The latter is near suicidal and foolish in my opinion.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Let's hope if the Man decides to bust him and take his guns, he doesn't go off on a rampage
with his collection of bombs he might have in his basement! Ya never know

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Only 150? Heck I know a couple of collectors that would make him look like he has a small collection. I do not fear those with big gun collections. I fear those that own guns that are not supposed to own guns.

After all rampage or not how many can you possibly carry?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Is it based on some fear scale? 1-4 is not scary. 5-10 is a little weird. 11-20 is making me sweat. 21-30 wouldnt want to be his neighbor. 31-40 call the cops!!!

Humans only have two arms and hands. So what if he 5,000 guns? He can only ever use two at a time. Seems that 2 should be the scary alert number then, right?

He's a collector. Some folks like figurines, some like commemorative plates, and some like guns. Everyone is different and has different likes and dislikes.

It's liberty.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Aww man he's a Hoarder, kick him out of house. LOL Kidding. I see a couple nice guns, wonder why he through in the butt stock only on one of those. to make it look bigger, damn

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I think that guy is a little obsessive compulsive. Look at his smile as he sits amongst his collection. It must be finally big enough now so he feels satisfied.

YES, he’s so obsessive compulsive…just like these guys and their collection.

It would make him heartbroken to loose them all and have to start over again. Some people are gun collectors, it is a good hobby

I’d imagine he has @ $100,000 invested in that gun collection. Hell yes he’d be devastated if he lost it all. I know I would be!

Collecting guns is a good hobby. I bet his collection has nearly doubled in value over the past 3 years.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I dont car if he has 10,000 guns. He has the right to own them. why? Because our right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I would assume the criminal element might think twice before having anything to do with him.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mactheaxe

I hope for his sake, you're right.....

The 15 AK-'s the article mentions are probably around $12,000 to $18,000 by themselves. I can see another $10,000 minimum in the picture on just thumbnailing what I know of value. Would you post all about yourself and storage arrangements if you had 10's of thousands in Gold Bullion sitting in safes in your private residence? Well....What he posted sells faster and is more popular. Indeed...insane. Just insane to flaunt and tempt fate.

Sometimes, Fate answers and has real bad ways of doing it.

new topics

top topics

join