It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian rebels grab UN peacekeepers near Golan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Oh this isn't good for the 'ol Public Relations machine. Aren't the rebels supposed to be our buddies? I KNOW the Philippines are our allies. The U.N. is a group we pay a large % of the budget for. Talk about tangled webs we weave when first we learn to ....Oh nvm. On with the story.

Four Filipino peacekeepers belonging to UNDOF were kidnapped in southern Syria on Tuesday. According to initial reports, the men were taken hostage near the Syrian town of Jamla, just one kilometer from the border with Israel.

The UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations confirmed that four UNDOF peacekeepers in the Syria Golan Heights were detained. UNDOF was unavailable for comment on the report.

Hmmm.... So what do the rebels say?

The Yarmouk Martyrs Brigade, the same group responsible for the March abductions, said in a statement on their Facebook page that they were ”securing the UN people working in Wadi Yarmouk” following bombing by the Syrian army that endangered the peacekeepers.
Source

Oh, that's rich. They kidnapped them and photographed them (See link) to SAVE them? Well...then they should be releasing them within a very short time. huh?

I think someone needs to explain this whole concept of appearances and public relations to the F.S.A.. They seem a might bit ....challenged, on the topic.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Probably didn't want them finding out they have been using chemical weapons.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

lol thats funny. Maybe the UN should have done something to quell the
60 or so wars that have started since their inception. Then maybe they would
be treated like peace keepers.

Work with tyrants. die like one.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have a weird feeling that some of Assads military, are acting like Rebels to sway the public responce. I just find it very hard that Rebels had the ability to get Syran Nerve gas. Like the US and Israelis werent watching that, but they were watching a weapons depot, and blew it up. Sure

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Hmmm.... So what do the rebels say?

The Yarmouk Martyrs Brigade, the same group responsible for the March abductions, said in a statement on their Facebook page that they were ”securing the UN people working in Wadi Yarmouk” following bombing by the Syrian army that endangered the peacekeepers.
Source

That statement just makes it all seem so trivial. Every time I see some major news with a rebel/terrorist group that posts on their Facebook page it makes me laugh a little. Would make a good southpark episode me thinks. Quick...get on facebook and post an update to our profile that we nabbed the UN peacekeeper! Really? Facebook? Makes them sound like highschool girls or something.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
I have a weird feeling that some of Assads military, are acting like Rebels to sway the public responce. I just find it very hard that Rebels had the ability to get Syran Nerve gas. Like the US and Israelis werent watching that, but they were watching a weapons depot, and blew it up. Sure

They didn't get Syrian Chemical Weapons. If they had, hundreds or thousands would have died. Syria has been producing top quality/level chemical warheads for over 3 decades. Theirs wouldn't likely leave many survivors. The fact the ones alleged to have been used (Video still didn't look like anything like a chemical attack to me) only killed a small number supports the bath-tub level of quality they used on the rabbit when they released the film of that test.

Mickey Mouse, home made and just as effective as might be expected. Yup... The FSA, to a T.

I just hope they don't get any funny ideas about giving those poor guys a set of orange jumpsuits. We need to worry, if they appear that way next.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Both groups want nothing but to watch us burn, so why the hell would we get involved?

I'm really not seeing the upside to this. All it will do is cost money, and reinforce a policy of interference in middle eastern affairs. We have NOTHING to gain here.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Both groups want nothing but to watch us burn, so why the hell would we get involved?

I'm really not seeing the upside to this. All it will do is cost money, and reinforce a policy of interference in middle eastern affairs. We have NOTHING to gain here.

The government and people of Syria have never expressed ill will against America. If you want to know a country who want us to burn, you need to look no further than Saudi Arabia and the extremist Wahhabi groups in the middle east.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

Originally posted by Covertblack

lol thats funny. Maybe the UN should have done something to quell the
60 or so wars that have started since their inception. Then maybe they would
be treated like peace keepers.

Work with tyrants. die like one.

What do you expect from an organization whose majority representation is that of dictatorship in one form or another.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

The simple truth is the 'Rebels' are not rebels...they're Terrorists and criminals who murder their own people to get what they want...and our countries are funding, arming and supplying comfort to them...Terrorists.

The same sort we've had endless warnings of and fear rammed down our throats about for over a decade, the ones we supposedly went into two major wars over, the ones supposedly plotting to kill us all!

Rebels don't murder Men, Women and Children using car bombs and IEDs...Terrorists do.

Rebels don't use the cover of the fog of war to murder rival tribes wholesale...Terrorists do.

Rebels don't kidnap UN peacekeepers and others...Terrorists do.

These are not rebels, and our tossers claiming to be government officials are sending them the means to carry out Terrorist attacks and kidnappings.

It IS the perfect, if totally flabberghasting Irony.

top topics

join