Assuming overblown single-topic news headlines are intentional...

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
That is, for the purposes of an agenda from the top, because I know there's a lot more happening in the world beyond breaking news, including things that are dropped out of sight and are never heard from again...

Exactly what is the point of these endless headlines about the conflict between Israel and Syria?
I can't begin to start as to how annoyed I am with the continuous microscopic coverage of it. Are we on our way to a dramatic refresher in US overseas warmongering? Because I find it unusual that these events are being given as much emphasis as US mainland events, the latter of which is usually the only ones that the media would have we US citizens care about.




posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina

Exactly what is the point of these endless headlines about the conflict between Israel and Syria?


Depending on what you want to believe (or lack thereof), there are multiple reasons.


  1. Generates the most revenue
  2. No lashing out on complacency
  3. "X" Media outlet remaining at the top of the heap
  4. No accusations of a political leaning


The first likely being the highest motivator.



Originally posted by EllaMarina
I can't begin to start as to how annoyed I am with the continuous microscopic coverage of it. Are we on our way to a dramatic refresher in US overseas warmongering?


It doesn't appear to me as any precursor to any MORE warmongering than usual. The US war machine will always be beating their proverbial war-drums. Sometimes it alone serves as a deterrent. Sometimes, though, it pisses off 19 guys in airliners and we end up with tragedy.


Originally posted by EllaMarina
Because I find it unusual that these events are being given as much emphasis as US mainland events, the latter of which is usually the only ones that the media would have we US citizens care about.


Media coverage has been more dynamic in the last 5 years, than any time in our history. Also, people's "cares" have likewise been more dynamic than at any time in our history. One day they care about rebels in Tblisi, the next day, about what Selena Gomez is wearing.



posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
Media coverage has been more dynamic in the last 5 years, than any time in our history. Also, people's "cares" have likewise been more dynamic than at any time in our history. One day they care about rebels in Tblisi, the next day, about what Selena Gomez is wearing.


No kidding.

Thanks for the clarifications!



new topics
 
1

log in

join