It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be the victim, not the perpetrator

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

My point is that wolves and sheepdogs are both dogs. A sheepdog is a domesticated predator. Even the dogs eat the scraps from under the master's table, lamb and lamb bones to chew on.

The whole sheep/shepherd metaphor is weird to me. Christianity fosters victimization and martyrdom. It's not at all healthy in my opinion.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Its not healthy if this life is your everything, to the Christian this life is not everything.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

LOL!!!
You drank the kool-aid and bought the t-shirt.
You know there are billions of people smarter than the both of us that say your religion is wrong.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Assertiveness while looking for the Win-win in every situation is the key. Thus there are no victims left in your wake and you ensure that you don't become the victim. Take responsibility for every situation that confronts you, look not ye back at anything with regret and move forward with determination and gratitude. Why would there ever need to be a victim? Confront all confrontation and aggression with assertiveness and truth. Live on your feet.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

LOL!!!
You know there are billions of people smarter than the both of us that say your religion is wrong.

Maybe you drank the coolaid, maybe you are still drinking it.
What have I to lose.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Assertiveness while looking for the Win-win in every situation is the key. Thus there are no victims left in your wake and you ensure that you don't become the victim. Take responsibility for every situation that confronts you, look not ye back at anything with regret and move forward with determination and gratitude. Why would there ever need to be a victim? Confront all confrontation and aggression with assertiveness and truth. Live on your feet.

there are plenty of victims in my wake, thats the point. I do have regrets.
I cant pretend

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I think your premise is right from an everyday-POV.

And obviously this "education" served a purpose for the reigning and god-sent auth
rities (like a president or a king for ex.) BUT you were NOT told to surrender to EVERY force - in the case that those force should go against the interests of the reigning and god-sent auth
rities you SHOULD take the warpath.
DEUS VULT.

Mr. Bush brought a new interpretation of that motto to life when he urged you to fight the "axis of evil".
Otherwise the crusades of old AND new wouldn't (have) occur(ed).

Nevertheless Mr. P. had a much more sneaky plan - spiritual wise.
He told his followers that everyone who turns the other cheek...

Rom 12:19
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Rom 12:20
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

...will triumph over his enemy in the long run. Maybe in the Afterlife and so peace on earth is kept in a "spiritual" malevolent way. If you REALLY loved your enemy fighting back would be much nicer then sending him to hell - no?

So he advertised some kind of spiritual Super-Judo - good politician that he was.
(But I think those "Saracens" of old AND new never got the chance to strike first - or?)

If that went a little off topic I apologize but those thoughts came to mind...

A

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by g146541

LOL!!!

What have I to lose.

Just your life, freedom, sanity and sweat.
But if you are comfortable in your chains, by all means...
I support your freedom of choice.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Tarantino is a little deeper than that I think. You can have a look here for ex.

en.wikipedia.org...(film)#Jules.27s_Bible_passage

A

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Playing the Victim is how you get paid in this world of illusions we live in now a days

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Its not healthy if this life is your everything, to the Christian this life is not everything.

Isn't your body the "Temple of God"?

Didn't God give you this "life", and the choices you make decide your fate for eternity? Do you WANT to be victimized forever?

Matthew 18
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Jesus was no victim. He, supposedly, and according to the story, was born to be a ransom for your sin. You don't have to imitate his sacrifice, that would be blasphemy.

Aren't Christians victorious?

edit on 7-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Christians are not victorious, thats the lie the church teaches. We are defeated as Christ was. Go read the sermon on the Mount.
Blessed are the victims according to Christ.
The church is lying

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The opposite of victim is not perpetrator.

You are either a victim, or you are not. You are either a perpetrator, or you are not.

Many of us are victim to economic mismanagement of our governments at this point, we may well cease becoming a victim with basic preparations, perhaps growing our own food (but this isn't the point).

Many perpetrators of crimes may also be victims of other things which result in the initial behaviour which rendered them a perpetrator in the first place.

Our idiotic society seems to think being a victim is a good thing, that we should just "lay down and take it" for the "good of the nation". Well, society is obviously a victim to successful propaganda.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Your permise is leaving the third option out. You don't have to be a predator just because you choose not to be a victim.

Just because someone doesn't let you kick them around doesn't mean that they are going to kick someone else around.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My premise is simple, that it is better to suffer unjustly than cause unjust pain.
No where have i suggested one should stay a victim if they can avoid it.

Maybe my heading was wrong
edit on 8-5-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Borntowatch,

I sincerely hope that you don't have children or aren't near enough to anyone else's children to influence them! If so, you might as well send them out with a retractable cross in their back pack and 3 nails in their pockets. Because your ideology of the nobility and righteousness of being victimized is only creating another generation of self proclaimed martyrs bearing a Jesus complex.

So unhealthy!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

What have I to lose.

This life.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It wasn't just the title. You said:

Christianity seems to teach accept victimisation , shouldnt we....happily.

You mentioned causing unjust pain but, if you cause pain to an aggressor is that unjust pain or is it justified?

It would also seem to me that if the cleaning out of the temple by Jesus was real, he was not above using a little force or threat of bodily harm.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
If you think this life is everything then live accordingly
if you dont then heed what Christ suffered on the cross

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

If you think this life is everything then live accordingly
if you dont then heed what Christ suffered on the cross

You did it again. Third option: There can be more than this life and still the sufferring on the cross could be meaningless.

Things like Jesus standing up for the adulteress would indicate that he did not think that playing the role of victim was the way to live life.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join