It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We've Got to Find a Way to Stop the Imperial Presidency Before It Permanently Destroys Our Great Co

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Interesting responses. I wonder how many actually took the time to read the short essay referenced. Perhaps one or two. The rest appear to have 'reacted' merely to the title - and often erroneously at that.

I hope you will read the article - I think it's well written, well reasoned and truly non-partisan. All things that We the People need right now.

What can we agree on? Anything?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by MrSpad

reply to post by LastStarfighter

reply to post by Doomcake

Actually the President no longer needs justification to go to war... AUMF

The Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF), passed after the attacks of 11 September 2001, and provides the legal cornerstone for the so-called US “war on terror”. Only one brave Congress member opposed it. It allows the US government to wage war at anytime, any place and on anyone deemed a threat to national security – with remarkably little evidence needed.

Presidential Blank Cheque for WAR

The consequential nature of these words is self-evident: the AUMF opened the doors to the US wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya; attacks on Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia and Mali; the new drone bases in Niger and Djibouti; and the killing of American citizens, notably Anwar al-Awlaki and his 16-year-old noncombatant son. It is what now emboldens the hawks on the warpath to Syria, Iran and North Korea.

SO yes the President has the Authority to bypass congress. In fact the war on terror is not even an official war, but rather Multiple Operations, congress has only declared war five (5) times in their history. War of 1812, Mexican-American War, Spanish-American War, World War I, and World War ll.
edit on 6-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
At least 100 million Americans agree; 30% believe there will be a revolution; a base is there. The blacks have marches all the time all over the place for their grievances. What can non-blacks do short of getting ourselves on Hussein's kill list and being raided by black helicopters and 50 SWAT Nazis? The Stupid Party is part of our problems; is the Tea Party just part of the controlled opposition and just a wet blanket now on any national protest (unlike their name and beginning)? For starts, I recommend a simple round bumper and window sticker logo like the Buddist in Burma (ref 696) and sell them in real cheap packs of 10, 100, etc. Maybe the Obama logo (blue rainbow with three red stripes for earth) with "/" through it. Let's roll before Nov 2014.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
So you think Romney would have better?

I am curious? I dont. I think we had two terrible choices and both would have resulted in essentially the same outcome. We will have two more terrible choices in 2016 and two more non choices in 2020.

-Not that I am an Obama supporter (I am NOT) I wasted my vote on the Libertarian party (I am also not a Libertarian) as a protest vote since tweedle -dee and tweedle-dumb were so transparent. Do I think the Libertarians would have been better? Hmmm. Not much, but maybe- besides the point though, they never had a chance.

DarKPenguiN, no. i don't think any of our choices would have been a better president. i meant "pawn" because the president is merely just a figure head for what goes on behind closed doors, someone to take the blame if something goes wrong.. etc.. so after people turn on their elected official and get him kicked out of office we can have the feeling the problem has been taken care of but in fact the machine keeps rolling on without as much as a hiccup.

i don't think we have a clue about what really goes on anymore or who's actually the shot-callers in our country or the world for that matter.

no one can say they elect someone for anything other than.. "yeah, i'd have a beer with that guy" it's all about who comes across more charismatic.

romney seemed way, way disconnected from anyone other than other uber rich people, ron paul.. man. i really wanted this guy to be president in a bad way but towards the end he just lost his mind it seemed and, to me, he reminded me of ross perot.. a crazy old coot but it didn't really matter because like i said our president, whoever it is, whenever it is.. is nothing more than a fall-guy plus humans are a very fickle breed because it's more of the people that loved him that are turning on him.. doesn't that remind you of hollywood actors?

anyway.. at this point in our history i feel all we can really do is just hope. it's all we have and is very powerful because it's what allows us to bother to wake up every morning. embrace your family and friends, keep them close because it's this group of people that matter.

everyone thinks if you're at all considering anything at any level "conspiracy theories" you're nuts and paranoid but i believe in my heart that even the most outlandish conspiracy theory i've ever heard in my life.. it's probably far, far worse than what we've heard in real life. it's all smoke and mirrors.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by FyreByrd

Yes... we need to get rid of this imperialist President, so that we can get another imperialist President.

"meet the new boss... same as the old boss" - The Who

Why do you have to get rid of this president? Isn't he guaranteed to be gone in 4 years? Isn't that the whole point of hte constitution? To remove the president every 4 years, so that he can't be imperial?

I think you've got to focus on getting rid of the imperialist hiding behind the president, telling every president what to do. But, first, you have to find out who that is. You need to peek behind the curtain, to see who is pulling the strings.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Double post somehow.

edit on 7-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Bush sends in men on the ground illegally invading a foreign nation to be butchered and slaughtered.. you all say terrorists are evil.

Obama keeps your troops at home instead sends drones to do the slaughtering... he's a war criminal.

Bush hands the keys to the vault to the banks with his 'banker bailout' you all clap and cheer.

Obama demands a sequester you all scream bloody murder and demand he resign.

Americans.. if your dumb enough to believe guns in the hands of common folks in suburbia is 'proper'' then I suppose its understandable why your trying to impeach the wrong president.

..incoming flame in 3,2,1.

edit on 7-5-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

WOW you are living in the dark ages! Regardless if he is a puppet or not he still allows his strings to be pulled and says nothing
A radio host I heard put it best : Congratulations Jimmy Carter you are no longer the worst president in American history
Heck in his first 3 years I can think of trillions of reasons he needs to go.link
edit on 7-5-2013 by Diisenchanted because: How many trillion reasons in his first 3 years

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
We had a chance to vote in Ron Paul, but apparently he was too old, too crazy and too racist.

At least one of two things happened;

A. The elite succeed in making the majority of the people think so
B. The elite #ed up the election by fixing it from the get go...

When the people has lost control of those governing them and lack a spine strong enough to put them and the elite back into place, there is only one way forward and that is towards slavery under corporate fascism.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

The Rupert Murdoch media is the only one screaming about Obama being the worst thing since Anthrax.

Ain't that right FOX?

what a load of crap.

Its disgusting, American politics makes me sick now!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Even if a third part gains traction its futile. The ones in charge will do one of 3 things:
1) Infiltrate the party and try and divide it and break it up or dilute its meaning.
2) If a Third party candidate becomes a theat then FBI will come up with some false story like he is a Gay Mulsim abortion doctor who is a pediophile ect
3) If the the smear campaign does not work the a "lone" "crazy" gun man will shot the candidate. Which seems to happen whenever a 3rd party becomes a threat.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Changing ourselves would be more effective. Then we could democratically elect better representative and give the government the oversight it needs. I just don't see that happening any time soon. As it stands, if we remove someone from office we will just replace them with someone worse, then pat ourselves on the back for doing the right thing.

Are we really electing these people? On programmable voting machines? Often without any paper trail whatsoever?

How many stories have we heard about people admitting they voted multiple times? What about those places where no picture ID is required to vote? What about courtroom testimony that an election was rigged by programmers?

Combine the integrity of our voting process..... with our totally lawless mainstream media propaganda ... and we have a system with little or no credibility.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricR

Are we really electing these people? On programmable voting machines? Often without any paper trail whatsoever?

I seriously doubt any president was ever elected. These guys are "chosen" for the job.

George Bush Jr. said that some men came to him and asked him to be president. They told him he had the moral character to lead. Then he became president. The people never went to Bush and said "we want you to be president". The elite few went to Bush, then told the people that they had voted for him.

Since the US was planning the war in Iraq, they needed Bush, with the old team from his father's reign. So, they made it happen, in order to have a war. They arranged the events around the policy, of going to war, and ensured war came, and the people accepted the war. All the events that made the war possible and acceptable were planned by the same elite few who asked Bush to run for office.

As soon as Bush entered office, the first order of the day was war planning. He then takes a whole month off in August of his inauguration year, to meet with the team in his ranch, away from Washington D.C., and far from prying eyes and eavesdropping ears. It is here that he received his final instructions, of what they expected him to do, what his role would be. Then, right after that "holiday", we get 9-11.

When we ask "Why was the US in such a hurry to invade Iraq?" The answer can be found in the US Constitution. The president is limited to 4 year term.

Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

-- Revelation 12:12

Like the Bible says, the president knows he has "a short time", so whatever the plan is, it's got to be implemented quickly. Hence the rush to war. There was no time to negotiate with Saddam Husein, becuase Bush could be out of office in 4 years. So, they came in with a war plan, and got down to business right away.

BUT, you can't do all that, unless you get Bush elected first. So, somehow, they had to guarantee that it would be Bush in the White House. And the only way to guarantee who the president is, is to appoint him, and not risk elections by the people.

So, the Iraq war is proof that Bush was appointed to the post. And if he was, we can deduce that probably every president has been appointed, and none elected. Another clue is in the rules for making a president. The people don't elect the president directly. There's an electoral college that goes and elects the president. The only reason to have an intermediate "electoral college" in the whole process, is to guarantee you had a mechanism in place to change the people's vote, if it does not agree with the wants of the elite.

So, the existence of the "electoral college" is proof that no president was ever elected, but chosen for the job.

The people march to the voting booth, and are then told who won.

They think their vote was counted, so they accept the result peacefully.

But most of the people have not figured out, that it's the electoral collage that picks the president. And it's the news media that informs them of the result. Both of these organizations are small teams of loyal folk, loyal to the ruling elite. They help to "appoint" the right man to the presidency.

edit on 7-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
what is the point?? we will just get rid of this president and put in another one that is cut from the same cloth.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Yes... we need to get rid of this imperialist President, so that we can get another imperialist President.

"meet the new boss... same as the old boss" - The Who

Why do you have to get rid of this president? Isn't he guaranteed to be gone in 4 years? Isn't that the whole point of hte constitution? To remove the president every 4 years, so that he can't be imperial?

I think you've got to focus on getting rid of the imperialist hiding behind the president, telling every president what to do. But, first, you have to find out who that is. You need to peek behind the curtain, to see who is pulling the strings.

Squealer I never said "Yes we need to" quote is from someone else. I was looking for discussion on the substance of the article - the Imperial Presidency as it stands now with more power then the other two branches of government. This "Unitary Executive" (as the republicans call it) has been developing, dare I say, since the 70's and Richard Nixon. The democates have down little or nothing to halt this slide into an un-equal distribution of power among the three branches of government.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If you can legally stop Jeb Bush from running for President, I'd like to see you do it. Otherwise, children love stories about kings and princesses. And some people never grow up.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd
Really this is breaking commentary. And please note that it is a non-partisan post by Ralph Nader. I could be wrong but I do believe most people respect Nader for his tireless work for consumers. Both safety wise and just giving us the information we need to make 'informed' purchases (as required for a true free market).

As always, his points are salient, timely and concise.

Please read the article:

www.alternet.org...

Mr. Nader's conclusion:

For our national security, the American people must recover control of our runaway, unilateral presidency that has torn itself away from constitutional accountabilities and continues to be hijacked by ideologues who ignore our Founding Fathers’ wisdom regarding the separation of powers and avoiding foreign entanglements that become costly, deadly and endless quagmires.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I agree...if something spent change were gonna have another civil war on our hands most likley.

Originally posted by FyreByrd
Really this is breaking commentary. And please note that it is a non-partisan post by Ralph Nader. I could be wrong but I do believe most people respect Nader for his tireless work for consumers. Both safety wise and just giving us the information we need to make 'informed' purchases (as required for a true free market).

As always, his points are salient, timely and concise.

Please read the article:

www.alternet.org...

Mr. Nader's conclusio

For our national security, the American people must recover control of our runaway, unilateral presidency that has torn itself away from constitutional accountabilities and continues to be hijacked by ideologues who ignore our Founding Fathers’ wisdom regarding the separation of powers and avoiding foreign entanglements that become costly, deadly and endless quagmires.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
Can we just try to make it so the congressman and senators don't stay in for their whole life and get a phat pension and private contracts, and insider trading first.

This is the true problem.

At least there's an eight year limit on the top puppet who really doesn't control anything anyway.

Exactly! Serving in congress,senate, anything should be limited! The terms they serve should be the 'Public Service' that it is. A successful, driven civilian takes a break from their day job to serve their community amd country for a few years, then go BACK to their day job!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by roberthsiddelljr

Zazzle.com has such a sticker in two sizes; I just bought 100 for about $29. Would like to see them pop up everywhere and give the Obama supporters a kick in the a$$.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join