It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian regime accuses Israel of declaring war after further air strikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Syrian regime accuses Israel of declaring war after further air strikes
www.guardian.co.uk...

The Syrian government said that Israeli air strikes against military targets around Damascus amounted to a "declaration of war" and threatened retaliation, in the latest sign that the fighting is spilling across the Syrian border and risks sparking a wider regional conflict.

Israel made no official comment on the strikes early on Sunday, which were the second in two days and the third and heaviest this year. Security sources said they were aimed at preventing the transfer of advanced Iranian-made missiles to Hezbollah in Lebanon for possible use against Israel.

I may not be all that up to date, so I ask out of pure ignorance.

When did Assad's actions ever spill over the boarder into Israel during this civil war? Did he ever order strikes on Israel's soil? Were there ever troops that walked onto Israel soil? I guess, I just don't see how this is 'spilling over the boarder' in regards to the civil war and Israel.

The only 'risk' associated with any of this, in regards to this becoming a 'wider regional conflict', falls at the feet of Israeli's. Am I wrong here?

I'm not a fan of Zionism, and I think it's no worse than those trying to impose sharia law, they're almost one in the same if you ask me. Having said that, if Iranian-made missiles are being transported to Hezbollah, sovereignty or not, I agree with disrupting these plans.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Regardless of whether Israel directly attacked Syrian military positions or not, Assad could be openly blaming Israel in an effort to widen the war in the region. After all the Jews are the "sworn enemy" so any support he can get to help his cause might be disruptive to the wide ranging efforts to overthrow his country.

Saddam Hussein rained Scuds on Israel during the first Gulf War. Israel did not shoot back because it was feared that that might start a wider conflict which could rage out of control and disrupt the plans to conquer Iraq.

Times have changed, I guess. Now Israel helps the rebels openly and nobody cares.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah you are wrong.The Syrians play middleman for Hezbollah. They arm them with Iranian weapons passed through their country.
The israelis have in the past struck shipments of arms bound for the Lebanon and the Gaza strip.
The place in Damascus where they hit, was a transhipment point.....
judging by the secondary explosions id say they hit what they were aiming at.....
Israel wont take no #....now or ever....

new topics

join