It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witnesses 1,200 Miles Apart Describe Same Giant Triangle UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by JayinAR
The big triangle has been around a lot longer than the 90's.
Near as I can tell people have been sighting them regularly since the mid 60's.
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You're dead on the money with your timing on this, and here's why:

DC-9
First flight: February 25, 1965
Introduction: December 8, 1965 with Delta Air Lines

The majority of your “black triangles” are actually DC-9's, MD-80's, and their variants.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

That is so true! They do look like a triangle with their lights and could certainly confuse someone who was not familiar with the aircraft. They probably contribute to misidentified triangles all the time, especially at night. The ones bigger than a foot ball field that remain in a silent hover and dart off super quick are the reports that I find interesting. I flew the MD-80 for awhile....Never liked it because it was not a Boeing....

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Nah, we never met. I started reading about the TR-3B when I joined ATS, and thought it was what I mentioned above. I also thought black triangles could of been stealth jets most of the time. Drill or exercises.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
The ones bigger than a foot ball field that remain in a silent hover and dart off super quick are the reports that I find interesting.

Actually they do appear to hover silently when approaching you from a distance, and make almost no noise until the engines are parallel with your position.

Don't let the noise in the video confuse you, all that noise is another jet that is taxing out. You can see it come into the screen toward the end of the video. You don't hear the DC-9 engines until almost the point that he hits the TR's.

I flew the MD-80 for awhile....Never liked it because it was not a Boeing....

Very cool.

You want to see something funny, watch a bunch of people seeing one land with the wing lights on but retracted in a low ceiling or fog. Then it REALLY looks like a UFO with giant shafts of light coming straight down from it.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this documentary? Some UFOs have shown up on radar and made extremely advanced maneuvers that seemed to defy physics, so how can the military be that advanced? (Unless they have successfully reverse-engineered UFO crafts they somehow manage to recover)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-5-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
Has anyone seen this documentary? Some UFOs have shown up on radar and made extremely advanced maneuvers that seemed to defy physics, so how can the military be that advanced? (Unless they have successfully reverse-engineered UFO crafts they somehow manage to recover)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-5-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

Yes that video and the JAL 747 is a classic; thanks for bringing it up. Sometime later there was a KC-135 that said he had the same thing bigger than an aircraft carrier flying off his wing. Commercial pilots or military do not usually misidentify other aircraft for saucers or aircraft the size of a carrier, especially if they have a good visual..
edit on 6-5-2013 by 727Sky because: military

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

Good points peashooter. The thing that amazes me is how far back ufo sightings have been said to be secret military craft/projects. So many witnesses with so many varied descriptions of sizes, shapes, and unusual characteristics,yet so many times they are said to be or believed to be military. Some may be but something dosen't add up. If our military has such advanced craft, it should/would follow that they would have very advanced weaponry as well or what would be the point of such craft. If all that is seen up there is "ours", we should have been winning all our little and big wars since reports started. Advanced craft of ours that can't wipe out a so called enemy in one day...dosen't make since.

The excuse that it is test craft of ours goes way back too...we've been involved in a lot of skirmishes since those excuses have been out...Viet Nam, and so much more. Why no instant help from such craft if we have them. What good are they then.

I have seen the triangles at close proximity and so has hubby...way too large and low to be mistaken for airplane. Have seen other types as well. Not sci-fi, sci fact.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You may want to do some research on what Richard Dolan calls a 'breakaway civilization'. It's his feeling that the back-engineered ET replicas have come so far that the black budget people are now part of a civilization that is so far advanced over everyday life that they have achieved their own status, i.e. breakaway. Strong hints have been made about moon and Mars bases and interstellar travel capabilities, with the head of Lockheed saying, 'we now have the technology to take ET home.'

The theory is not without its merits, especially when you consider all the trillions of missing dollars in the Defense budget and that most of that money is not allocated by Congressional oversight whatsoever.
edit on 6-5-2013 by signalfire because: addendum

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
two small towns with one witness each and no photos or video.. its amazing the MSM picked this up at all.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Either the TR-3B has more funding (no sequester there) or one of the E.T guys and girls have done an upgrade and done away with the sport model saucer?
reply to post by 727Sky

It's been a commonly reported "shape" for quite some time, along with the more well-known disk and cigar shapes.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
UFO's used to be cigar shaped, then plate shaped, then bright lights and now triangles????

There models are as diverse as our cars production models here on earth.

I wonder where the sell the second hand ones...??

edit on 6-5-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

with the head of Lockheed saying, 'we now have the technology to take ET home.'

You have any links for this statement?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hey Wrabbit glad to see you chimed in and I agree there are endless possibilities when this subject comes up. If it is our military and the triangle can do what many witnesses say it can do then we need some serious butt kicking for those who (for national security) are hiding the power source and flight control mechanisms.

Some of these things are HUGE unless all the reports are B.S.

Thing is if this did exists keeping it quiet could save our (the westen worlds) butts in world war 3. If the rest of the world does not know thet "exists" how can they counter it?

In 10-20 years time when peak oil hits and the world flares up to dangrous levels this thing could take out enemy nukes before they are even launched.

some times secerets are in our best intrests.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well I don't know what it was but what do you call it when a huge massive round ball appears just above the tree tops in a local park. It had no markings that I could see, had no lights, no sound, no wings, no windows at least I didn't see any from where I was. which was about 100 - 150 feet away
I'm thinking man made because I could see the rivets like you see on the side of a ship. Plus it was dis-colored like when you use an acetylene torch on metal. Then after looking around to see if anyone else was witnessing this I turned back to look at it again which was only a matter of seconds it was gone not even a hint of it in the distance anywhere.
Actually the only witness around was my son who was only about 5yrs old at the time. He saw it first and drew my attention to it when he said " Oh! daddy look at the big baseball ". We were going to play with the bat and ball in the park at the time. It was in broad daylight by the way at about 5:30 pm. But what I found strange and surprised me was that no one else was around anywhere, not a car on the street or anyone in their driveway or on their veranda or the sidewalk. no one and yet 5:30 pm is rush hour in our area.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrevegal
reply to post by peashooter

Good points peashooter. The thing that amazes me is how far back ufo sightings have been said to be secret military craft/projects. So many witnesses with so many varied descriptions of sizes, shapes, and unusual characteristics,yet so many times they are said to be or believed to be military. Some may be but something dosen't add up. If our military has such advanced craft, it should/would follow that they would have very advanced weaponry as well or what would be the point of such craft. If all that is seen up there is "ours", we should have been winning all our little and big wars since reports started. Advanced craft of ours that can't wipe out a so called enemy in one day...dosen't make since.

The excuse that it is test craft of ours goes way back too...we've been involved in a lot of skirmishes since those excuses have been out...Viet Nam, and so much more. Why no instant help from such craft if we have them. What good are they then.

I have seen the triangles at close proximity and so has hubby...way too large and low to be mistaken for airplane. Have seen other types as well. Not sci-fi, sci fact.

Thing is if this super advanced tec does exist they may want to sit on it until world war 3.

Vietnam, Iraq and afghantisan ect have been minor wars where winning or loseing wont exactly effect the existance of the westen world. Why play your I WIN hand on such minor insignificant wars?

I would keep such a thing quiet until all hell breaks lose and use it to zap enemy nukes before they even press the button to launch the nukes.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
A long time ago, my best friend and I saw a large triangle UFO.

It was 1992. We were outside for hours looking in the sky. This object was near stationary for a very long time out over the ocean in southern California. This object moved a little here and there for hours. Sometime in the predawn I felt as though I was communicating with it. I yelled loudly, "Are You Real?" My friend laughed nervously. I yelled again jokingly, "I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU EXIST! If you do then come closer!"

What happened next was a ship so far in the distance you could barely make out the shape and lights; within seconds appeared hovering over heads....At least 100 ft. above us, large...we are talking huge. Dull blackish, with 3 lights at each corner and one in the middle.

As my friend and I grabbed each other to hold on for the holy crud moment. We lost memory.....we also lost time....TWO HOURS.....

SO!!! Call me crazy or don't believe me, I don't care what anyone thinks. I know it had telepathic capability. Which means piloted or similar with a highly telepathic entity.

And yes it was MUFON logged back in 1992. We also had similar incidences happen down Topeka Canyon Rd and Trabuko Canyon Rd., Laguna Beach and surrounding areas in Southern Cal....Most of the sightings we had together were from late 1991 to late 1993....many logged and investigated with a pretty clear and concise *Object Unidentifiable* Those were not the only years either that I have seen some very weird....stuff.

I am not trying to stir a pot here, but we just do not have the answers. Period. Am I a believer. Heck yeah I am!!

edit on 5-5-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

THANK YOU!! What an amazing story! It helps to know one is not alone in experiencing Object Unidentifiable things. It also makes the OPs story more grounded to have people here on ATS tell their own mysterious sightings. Most appreciated!

peace,
AB

ETA - just saw the info on the DC9. I'm guessing they aren't telepathic...and wouldn't explain the two hours you lost, nor the speed of the flight towards you.
It does make sense that most of the "triangle craft" sightings would be this scary looking plane, however.

edit on 6-5-2013 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

While I agree that you may have an explanation for a lot of the triangle sightings, I must say it does not account for all of them.
Carroll County Arkansas, 1977.
Object witnessed by dozens spanning the course of two hours. Read below.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The Australian U.F.O. is most likely military, we're actually in the process of purchasing and testing lots of new air Force toys, joint strike fighters and the like. So, as much as I would love to say there was a UFO in Australia, I'm pretty certain it's part of the Air Force testing that they've been talking about on the radio over here.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Hmm, you say you saw one in Arkansas, Same here. I saw one about a year ago, I live near an airforce base, and it was heading in that direction. I believe this is way more widespread than what most people think. There are videos of them, where they are only visible with Night Vision. I used to have Night Vision, and now im really wishing I hadnt sold my ATN night Vision scope.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
while i am still not convinced i have to admit that in the past maybe year or two the amount of "credible" witnesses, professional commercial pilots to be more precise gives me a glimmer of hope.

their mannerisms and sincerity in how they deliver their testimony is believable and the fact that they're risking their careers, their lives.. is a pretty huge thing to not overlook.

i have "faith" in people and what they say BUT i believe in the notion that "i believe half of what i see and none of what i hear" but since the "roswell crash" in '47 and the barney and betty hill abduction in '61, two of the major incidents that got this topic deep in the hearts and minds of humankind.. in all these years not one single shred of "convincing" evidence?

people are obsessive so i know there's people dedicated to "watching" to the point that i bet they consider having a catheter and colostomy bag inserted just so they don't have to leave their station haha so if "they" are indeed visiting.. someone, by now, should have the proof we seek?

i'm not trying to sway anyone's beliefs, if anything i'm trying to re-convince myself into believing again.

my heart believes but my mind is trying to talk my heart into coming to my senses and it's winning.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Also be aware that sometimes triangle objects are misperceptions of triplet satellite formations, as described here:

www.jamesoberg.com...
satobs.org...
www.anomalist.com...

Sometimes, but by no means always. The existence of stealth mega-blimps and other ideas strike me as plausible going-in hypotheses that demand more observations, of a higher quality.

Watch the skies!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join