It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal Corruption in the heart of Virginia (HIT&RUN/DUI)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Hopechest

Breaking the law is breaking the law

According to you, it's OK to break the law if you get off because the jail is too full.
By the way, you sound like Lindsay Lohan.

Not at all.

I'm saying that people here are saying this man got off because of connections. I still have yet to see anyone prove that.

My story was only to give some relevance to how this does sometimes happen.

If my father was a senator would you all automatically assume that's the reason for me getting off so easy?

Sure sounds like it.

You all need to maybe stop blaming the system before you have any proof.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

You obviously didn't read the story. It does bring some clarity to the matter. The guy blew a .18 and hit a car.

In your case, you got lucky. Not next time gurley. Is your daddy a senator?? You made need a senator in your future.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Well anyone familiar with the Mandatory Fines/Sentencing for a charge like this can read the details of his case and it should be pretty clear why he received the treatment he did.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

You obviously didn't read the story. It does bring some clarity to the matter. The guy blew a .18 and hit a car.

In your case, you got lucky. Not next time gurley. Is your daddy a senator?? You made need a senator in your future.

You really need to lose your attitude.

This is an adult site and I'm being respectful of the other posters.

Perhaps you should try it.

I don't need to be referred to as gurly.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

You know, you just go ahead and believe that you're just as special as this officer thinks he is.
There's really no difference when people believe they're entitled and don't think they should have to serve time for their crime.
If you ask me, you two are perfect for each other. You should look him up and see if he wants to go have drinks with you some time.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Actually, I have found you completely disrespectful in this thread. And in complete denial of your own behavior. With that, I wish you luck.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

You know, you just go ahead and believe that you're just as special as this officer thinks he is.
There's really no difference when people believe they're entitled and don't have to serve time for their crime.
If you ask me, you two are perfect for each other. You should look him up and see if he wants to go have drinks with you some time.

So you don't actually know why he got off your just assuming its because of connections?

Seems like your just trying to spread anti-law enforcement rhetoric then.

Peace

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Actually, I have found you completely disrespectful in this thread. And in complete denial of your own behavior. With that, I wish you luck.

The difference is though, I don't resort to name calling.

Enjoy your 14th birthday.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Originally posted by Hopechest

So you don't actually know why he got off your just assuming its because of connections?

Peace

I'm spreading anti-law enforcement rhetoric?

First of all, honey, I'm the one stating that people should do the time for their crime. You're the one who believes that luck trumps this. You're also the one who admitted to being in contempt of court. So, who's anti-law enforcement again?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Peace

I'm spreading anti-law enforcement rhetoric?

First of all, honey, I'm the one stating that people should do the time for their crime. You're the one who believes that luck trumps this. You're also the one who admitted to being in contempt of court. So, who's anti-law enforcement again?

That's fine that people should do the time.

You are stating that this man isn't because of his connections.

You have no proof of this.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

The difference is though, I don't resort to name calling.

Enjoy your 14th birthday.

Thanks for giving me so many laughs this morning.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Oh I called you gurley. I call my girlfriends that affectionately. I didn't say you were an idiot, or obtuse, ignorant, and stupid. I didn't call you any of those names.

You keep circling around an argument that makes no sense. You say how can you prove the guy got off because of his connections, right...??? Is that what I keep reading from your mouth??

Let's take this real slow. I don't want to confuse you. Ready..?

Kay. The guy blew a .18 that is almost 3 times over the legal limit. He also hit a car. In this town that is a felony DUI. Not some misdemeanor you get OR'd on in the morning. You at least have a $25,000.00 bail. When you do go to court the judge doesn't throw out the damning evidence and reduce you to just a hit and run. That takes some skills. Think about it.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Oh I called you gurley. I call my girlfriends that affectionately. I didn't say you were an idiot, or obtuse, ignorant, and stupid. I didn't call you any of those names.

You keep circling around an argument that makes no sense. You say how can you prove the guy got off because of his connections, right...??? Is that what I keep reading from your mouth??

Let's take this real slow. I don't want to confuse you. Ready..?

Kay. The guy blew a .18 that is almost 3 times over the legal limit. He also hit a car. In this town that is a felony DUI. Not some misdemeanor you get OR'd on in the morning. You at least have a $25,000.00 bail. When you do go to court the judge doesn't throw out the damning evidence and reduce you to just a hit and run. That takes some skills. Think about it.

And maybe he's having an affair with the judge.

Maybe the judge likes his aftershave.

Where's the proof that this man got off because of connections with either law enforcement or his family?

.18 is hardly murder. Yes its over the limit but last time I checked....judges can deal out any or no punishment as they see fit.

Is there a law in this state that a person is automatically required to face a certain punishment or is it up to the discretion of the residing judge?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
GrantedBail:

reply to post by Afterthought

The light on my license plate was out.

He asked if I had been drinking and I said yes, I had two drinks.

Blew .1 over the limit so he arrested me.

According to the math, she also blew a .18, right?
.1 OVER the limit would be a .18 (unless my coffee hasn't kicked in yet).

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

The light on my license plate was out.

He asked if I had been drinking and I said yes, I had two drinks.

Blew .1 over the limit so he arrested me.

According to the math, she also blew a .18, right?
.1 OVER the limit would be a .18 (unless my coffee hasn't kicked in yet).

LOL...my math isn't great either.

I think it was .11 maybe?

.o1 is the limit so whatever is just a step beyond that.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Several reason.

First, he refused a breathalyzer at the scene. Upon arrest he blew a .18 (thats twice the legal limit to operate a motor vehicle) however the judge presiding did not allow that test result to be admitted as evidence because he felt there was no probably cause for the arrest. In Va ALL DUI cases are taken into custody. It is MANDATORY (that means required by LAW)

Secondly anyone who has a BAC as high as his receives a MANDATORY 5 days in jail. (Again, Required by Law)

3rd, ALL first offense DUIs have their license revoked/restricted for a period of 12 months, in this case a restricted license wouldn't even be a possibility given his refusal to take a breathalyzer at the scene. (You guessed it, MANDATORY)

Finally his blatant disregard for the safety of the others due to the fact that he LEFT the scene of an accident, showing no concern for anyone other than himself.

Not sure what Podunk district you were charged in, but here in VA, you can bet that you, myself, and any other person would be neck deep in fines, jail time, and DMV problems if we were to hit another vehicle, and leave the scene while twice over the legal BAC limit.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidFusion

Several reason.

First, he refused a breathalyzer at the scene. Upon arrest he blew a .18 (thats twice the legal limit to operate a motor vehicle) however the judge presiding did not allow that test result to be admitted as evidence because he felt there was no probably cause for the arrest. In Va ALL DUI cases are taken into custody. It is MANDATORY (that means required by LAW)

Secondly anyone who has a BAC as high as his receives a MANDATORY 5 days in jail. (Again, Required by Law)

3rd, ALL first offense DUIs have their license revoked/restricted for a period of 12 months, in this case a restricted license wouldn't even be a possibility given his refusal to take a breathalyzer at the scene. (You guessed it, MANDATORY)

Finally his blatant disregard for the safety of the others due to the fact that he LEFT the scene of an accident, showing no concern for anyone other than himself.

Not sure what Podunk district you were charged in, but here in VA, you can bet that you, myself, and any other person would be neck deep in fines, jail time, and DMV problems if we were to hit another vehicle, and leave the scene while twice over the legal BAC limit.

That's fine...lets string him up...i'll bring the rope.

Where is the evidence again of him getting off because of connections?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Not quite....

legal limit is .08 for 21 up, .02 under 21, and .04 for Commercial Drivers.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Is there something about the word mandatory that you don't understand??

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I think it was .11 maybe?

.o1 is the limit so whatever is just a step beyond that.

So, you live in a place where there is a zero tolerance for drunken driving and you admitted to two drinks?
Yeah, you're intelligent.
www.isp.state.il.us...

Effect on Your Driving Record

Zero Tolerance (BAC of .01 or greater) -- Except during suspension period, not on public driving record as long as there is no subsequent suspension

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join