It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the ancient vedic text says about aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Below are some quotes from Swami Narasingha regarding aliens and UFOs. Basically according to vedic text there are realms or dimensions above and below our physical realm. The intelligences from above are generally speaking good and do not need machines to move through space and time. The flip side of this is that those who come from realms below ours are experts in technology and use craft to come to our physical reality but are generally speaking malevolent in there intent....essentially what we would call demonic!

In Vedic cosmology there are higher and lower planets in the universe, the higher planets being inhabited by pious intelligent life and the lower planets being inhabited by atheistic intelligent life. The atheists are known in the Vedic literature more for their destructive and evil tendencies than for their humanistic and philanthropic tendencies. This is stated in Bhagavad-gita as follows:

etam drstim avastabhya nastatmano’lpa buddhayah prabhavanty-ugra-karmanah ksayaya jagato’bitah "

Atheists with deprived and small intelligence flourish and engage in malicious activities for the destruction of the world." (Gita 16.9) The atheists become expert in yantra-vidya or the science of machines where as the Devas (intelligent life from higher planets) are expert in mantra and do not need the assistance of machines such as fire combustible engines or even electrical ones to move about from planet to planet. Nor are they destructive and violent wherever they go.

so let is suffice to say that from the Vedic point of view, intelligent life exists on other planets and may have the technology for interplanetary travel either thru yantras or mantras.

For many people there is hope that these aliens from another world come to us in peace with greater knowledge than our own. But from the Vedic point of view it would be expected that the supposed alien visits to our planet in flying saucers are from lower, not higher planets and thus would be more apt to be hostile than friendly or benevolent. Not to sound the alarm, but such malevolent visitors have been here before…

gosai.com...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Precisely. I share a similar view and understanding.

Thankyou for sharing.

edit: I believe the realm they come from are one and the same but they exist in a duality of good/service-to-others and bad/service-to-self, as it is understood.
edit on 2-5-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I think that this above and below concept is fascinating. I suppose this would be like heaven and hades; however, whenever I think of dimensions, my own mind would go to the microscopic world ( hmmm.. Maybe I got this from "Horton hears a Who" by Dr. Seuss) or on a Macro scale where our universe would be the microscopic version of a larger one.
edit on 2-5-2013 by StarsInDust because: Clarity

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by StarsInDust

I don't see this blanket observation as earth-moving or helpful. It seems generally obvious. It does show that ancient minds were better at understanding the Universe than most modern ones.

Given that we are of the mechanical sort and therefore of the evil empire kind, I move that we should we hasten the move to higher states of consciousness and discard materialism pronto. Any body else want to throw their phones away and resort to telepathy?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
ok.
Where is earth and we people of earth in that scheme?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wwwchronos
ok.
Where is earth and we people of earth in that scheme?

We are in middle Earth, of a higher vibration than these creatures below us but not as high as the creatures above us.

Essentially those below us are also materialistic and need technology to get around however those from above only need the will of there mind to appear wherever they like, we would probably call them angels.

I remember a story about somebody who was being abducted by grey type aliens and they started to pray, immediately the grays had to leave the area and were repulsed by religious feelings. That is exactly what you could expect from demonic creatures or creatures of a lower vibration, they know that you calling on higher powers may cause beings from higher dimensions to materialise and this they don't like.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Interesting find. I have been thinking about this a bit but this puts where my thoughts where heading too.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It has only been just recently that I have started to suspect that aliens, the aliens from below, are not of good nature. I have recently become spiritual in a sense that I have trusted my faith in God a lot more. It has become a lot more clear to me that these aliens from below are not good and that the aliens from above, are where we ascend to when we die. I can't explain the feeling that I get when I think about alien grays now, but it isn't a good one. I feel the need to pray a lot more when I think about them.

We need to abandon this dependance on machines, technology, and materialism, and focus more on love, light, and respect for nature and our fellow humans. Be like the beings from above, and not below. Love and Light

edit on 3-5-2013 by Quyll because: addition

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Any body else want to throw their phones away and resort to telepathy?
HELL YES! In a heartbeat!

I'm right there with you brother! Having telepathy eliminates mental diseases and distrust and all kinds of other mental disorders!

Man... imagine that --- living in a world with a collective consciousness! Are you kidding me? That would be AMAZING! I mean, we as humans already do it on a minute scale --- intuition for instance; but the ability to feel your thoughts at will? Wow!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by the_philth

It's like the Borg from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Except we wouldn't be assimilating anybody.

edit on 3-5-2013 by Quyll because: edit

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

In the Krita Yuga, Dharma or Righteousness was four-footed, that is, it was four-square, fully established, all paramount, and it was adhered to implicitly by men. The men were inherently noble-born and were possessed of remarkable powers. Without needing to go through yogic discipline to attain special powers, or practise mantras which secured extraordinary results, the men of that yuga, merely by their devotion to dharma, became Siddhapurushaas or gifted with superhuman powers. They were virtuous men and men of learning and wisdom. Going in the sky with the speed of wind by their own volition was natural to them. Therefore in Krita Yuga, or first epoch, the ancients say, there were none of the three classes of Vimaanas.

In Tretaa yuga as men were adepts in mantras or potent hymns, the vimaanas used to be produced by means of maantric knowledge. In Dwaapara yuga as men had developed considerable tantric knowledge, vimaanas were manufactured by means of tantric knowledge. As, both mantra and tantra are deficient in Kaliyuga, the vimaanas are known as kritaka or artificial.

We live now in the Kaliyuga (actually in the depths of the Kaliyuga) during this time humans need machines to transport themselves through space. At the lowest end of the Kaliyuga aircraft use air to fly ie propellers, jets, rockets, rotors, wings etc. As we move out of the depths of the Kaliyuga aircraft will be able to manipulate gravity itself and our craft will have no wings, jets, propellers.

The ancient Greeks talk about the four ages of man, the golden, silver, bronze and Iron. The destruction of Atlantis marked the end of the silver age, slowly men lost their wisdom and spiritually as they plunged into the age of ignorance and the dark ages. Secret society's were charged with the responsibility of keeping the ancient wisdom but they too became corrupted and all was lost but fragments.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Your avatar [aka blue guy] ~ is it Krishna fighting Goliath? The same story as in the Bible?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
My dear friend.

ABSOLUTELY

Get rid of all Wifi related gaff and we all will be able to achieve Telepathy. This, I believe is one of the major factors which drums on our senses.

Danm, I wish I was growing up in the BC era.... ooops, perhaps I did

Be safe be well

Spiro

ETA: BC meaning Before that man called Christ. Though British Columbia would do nicely

edit on 3-5-2013 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_philth

Originally posted by Aliensun

HELL YES! In a heartbeat!

I'm right there with you brother! Having telepathy eliminates mental diseases and distrust and all kinds of other mental disorders!

Man... imagine that --- living in a world with a collective consciousness! Are you kidding me? That would be AMAZING! I mean, we as humans already do it on a minute scale --- intuition for instance; but the ability to feel your thoughts at will? Wow!

If we were all able to read each others thoughts, then war, lying, greed, crime would be no more!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Sassy is lying in the chair sleeping. The chairs back is to the window. Her baby brother runs down the hallway in front of her and into the room, waking her up.

They look at each other for a second and then Baby runs back down the hallway.
Sassy immediately climbs to the top of the chair and looks out the window.

My cats have telepathy, so we must too.
But our creators have blocked us from being able to use it.
Maybe it made us too dangerous.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Precisely!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Was having a look at a Gita translation by Barbara Stoler Miller a lot of those translations/quotes do not match, so I am pretty sure that random UFO blog is simply making it up.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Agreed.

The Devas are supernatural beings, not aliens.

Harte

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
i too would be most interested if the OP would like to quote further sections with with chapter, verse numbers etc, i have 2 different translations with me here, by Professor S.Radhakrishnan (Aauarian Press) and Juan Mascaro (Penguin Classics)... the interpretation of the quoted individual seems designed only to attract gullible ufologists/pseudohistorians...

so whereas your sourse states

Atheists with deprived and small intelligence flourish and engage in malicious activities for the destruction of the world." (Gita 16.9) The atheists become expert in yantra-vidya or the science of machines where as the Devas (intelligent life from higher planets) are expert in mantra and do not need the assistance of machines such as fire combustible engines or even electrical ones to move about from planet to planet. Nor are they destructive and violent wherever they go

my own say

"Holding fast to this view, those souls of feeble understanding, of cruel deeds, rise up as the enemies of the world for it's destruction"

and

"Firm in this belief, these men of evil souls, of truly little intelligence, undertake their work of evil: they are the enemies of this fair world, working for it's destruction"

(respectively)

not so different from the initial translation you posted OP, but wtf did the crap about machines and planets come into this? the answer is it was made up, like so much crap about hinduism and pseudohistory.

and yes, devas are very clearly spiritual beings, not extra planetary and should not be confused as such
edit on 4-5-2013 by skalla because: typo + clarity

ETA: i've only read excerpts of the puranas so am digging deeper... i have found one source for the bhagavat purana that actually contains the exact same wording as the article from the op

gosai.com...

Similarly, the Bhagavat Purana records the following:

deva-dvisam nigama-vartmani nisthitanam
purbhir mayena vihitabhir adrsya-turbhih
lokan ghnatam mati-vimoham atipralobham
vesam vidhaya bahu bhasyata aupadharmyam
"When the atheists, after being well versed in the Vedic scientific knowledge, annihilate inhabitants of different planets, flying unseen in the sky on well-built rockets prepared by the great scientist Maya the Lord will bewilder their minds by dressing Himself attractively as Buddha and will preach on sub-religious principles." (Bhag. 2.7.37)

which i found here:

www.gita-society.com...

perhaps i'm a natural sceptic, which is no doubt founded in my reading of various other hindu texts, but i'd be dishonest if i didnt reveal what i had found so far.... however i have not looked for alternative sources/translations, the history of the document or the credentials of the translator, i hope to have an opportunity later.

i can't criticise the OP though with out also showing what i have found so far that appears to support at least part of it

edit on 4-5-2013 by skalla because: ETA bit, clarity, more info

2nd ETA: now as this purana is described at being composed between @5-9th centuries, how could it contain the term rockets and so on one wonders - hardly seems credible. it's worth noting that the first translation into english did not occur untill the mid 18th century

i found another translation here:

www.srimadbhagavatam.org...

which translates 2.7.37 as:

(37) For those who became well informed on the path of education but envious with the divine roam the worlds and the ether with inventions of Maya [or with modern technology], He will dress up most attractively and [as the Buddha and His representatives] with the use of many terms deviating from the tradition extensively discourse on their destructive bewilderment

which differs quite widely from the source's version - i know from my own reading that parts of hindu myth can read almost like science-fiction, and without exploring everone's credentials further etc, i'd naturally lean towards the more rational/religious reading, but thats just me.

however, reading ancient texts where words are translated into dubious modern terms (such as "rockets") is fraught with the potential for large errors, and just accepting that these words are correctly translated hardly speaks of critical thinking and examining all possibilities (ie accurate and balanced research) from those involved.

edit on 4-5-2013 by skalla because: adding more as i find it.....

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Fireworks. Been around for a long time, often called rockets.

I am always intrigued by ancient writings. Vedic texts are some of my favourites.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join