It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another question for bible believers... If you will?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hello everyone...

A thought just crossed my mind a few minutes ago... so I wanted to see if I could get some answers from the community.

Here we go...

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So... Lets say its true that God created man in his image as it says in Genesis for this discussion.

Now if that is the case... and sometime in the future we happen to encounter another humanoid species not from this planet... They look completely different from us... Lets use the traditional "greys" or even the reptilian species that "apparently" are controlling the government of the world.

IF God made us in his image... Who made these humanoids?

Are they also made in Gods image as well?

IF they are a violent species.... then the answer is obvious...

But what if they're a peace loving species?

Perhaps even more so then we are? (even though we're obviously not)

I'll open the floor to the community....

And even though this is a silly question, it is still serious.... So trolls are not welcome, and will be ignored

Stars for serious replies

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image....

Who is "us" and "our"?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't think God creating us in his image means our physical appearance, I think it means the image that we see, a.k.a. our sight/light. The image of God is us taking in light then turning it into the image we see.

If aliens have sight then they were also made in God's image. God doesn't play favorites and I don't think we are anything special compared to other life in the universe.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Who is "us" and "our"?

You tell me...

How do you read that passage?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

1. "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: " Umm... the words 'our' imply others, as in, not just 'God's image, not singular, get it?

So it is not true. Maybe if someones father's father didn't believe in multiple gods, right? El Shaddai?

2. If you take the Pandeism approach, 'there was god and then god became the universe' , suggesting that creation is relative to god, aka the universe and there for in a 'evolutionary' sense, god creates all beings relative to their position in said universe

God did.

God has never been responsible for creating something or someone that has become violent? I don't get it, for he has. The devil doesn't create humans, does he? We're created out of the image, duh.

It's all relative dualism, everything still applies.

This is a sill question and I don't believe in God, just like to play the advocate of the lesser.

edit on 2-5-2013 by retirednature because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I can imagine this might spark some scoffing but it's my belief, (I am a believer is Yeshuah as Messiah) That He and God Himself with help from His Spirit created us all in His image...these other beings (greys, reptilians etc.) Are a product of the fall of Lucifer along with a third of the angels. Even Lucifer can be an angel of light, he can shapeshift as it were to be a twisted image of what we are, "time travel" and move to and fro as he pleases. He isn't in "hell" being tormented and what not yet. He still rules this earth and the powers that be know that.
I hope you find this a worthy answer...
Peace and Love from the Lord of all creation...
-Zeppelin

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Your asking a dumb question and you know it

But the answer is:

"God" is not an entity but a *thought*, an *idea*... And if you can *think* it... You can create it.

Simples.com.
edit on 2-5-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

"God" is not an entity but a *thought*, an *idea

And you know this for a fact?

Congrats... You're the first in our species history!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Who was God talking to when he said this? And who heard him say this to know that's what he said?

Sounds like the ramblings of a mad man if he's just 'up there' talking to himself.
edit on 2-5-2013 by danneu89 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Assuming that you and I believe in God, and I do, then if they exist, they were created by God.

Having said that, they are either fallen angels, as in the third that fell with Lucifer, or they are another part of God's creation and are subject to the same laws of God as we are. To think that our little world and civilization is all that God created makes Him a pretty small God.

In one of the responses to your post, someone asked "who is "Us" or "Our"? It is the common theological belief that this refers to the Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
Sgt Cursed

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by ObservingYou

"God" is not an entity but a *thought*, an *idea

And you know this for a fact?

Congrats... You're the first in our species history!

Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
Rene Descartes

God is that power.

I am indeed amazed when I consider how weak my mind is and how prone to error.
Rene Descartes

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

So you have none of your own thoughts

Is it necessary in your world to regurgitate the ramblings of others?

Its fine if you don't believe God exists... but you can not say for a fact that he doesn't...

besides that... once your body fails.... You will also believe in the existence of God...

believe it or not

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Who is "us" and "our"?

Maybe it is in reference to the trinity, or God has multiple personality disorder

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hello everyone...

A thought just crossed my mind a few minutes ago... so I wanted to see if I could get some answers from the community.

Here we go...

So... Lets say its true that God created man in his image as it says in Genesis for this discussion.

Now if that is the case... and sometime in the future we happen to encounter another humanoid species not from this planet... They look completely different from us... Lets use the traditional "greys" or even the reptilian species that "apparently" are controlling the government of the world.

Are they also made in Gods image as well?

Perhaps even more so then we are? (even though we're obviously not)

I'll open the floor to the community....

And even though this is a silly question, it is still serious.... So trolls are not welcome, and will be ignored

Stars for serious replies

Excellent questions. Star and flag for you!
Next time I meet an alien, I'll ask it.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
God created animals, and those are not in His image.

2nd

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

= self-conscious.
To a greater extent than sticks and stones and cats and dogs and everything else created previously.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by Akragon

= self-conscious.
To a greater extent than sticks and stones and cats and dogs and everything else created previously.

Meaning if another sentient species shows up on our planet at some point.... We are better then they?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you mean from another planet, perhaps God did the same thing there.
It's a story which reflects the fact that we're the only self-conscious creatures we know about.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
"God" is a metaphor for Christ Consciousness

The Christ Consciousness Topics covered in this article: Our Spiritual Birthright Jesus as "Pattern" of Wholeness The Transformative Power of the Christ Consciousness Wikipedia - Christ (Pantokrator) icon from Saint Catherine's Monastery, Mount Sinai.Oftentimes, when individuals hear the terms "Christ" or "Jesus," right away they may fall into preconceived notions based upon their upbringing or particular religious background. Throughout history, the perspectives people have had on the life and teachings of Jesus have been varied, oftentimes even at odds. Sometimes individuals involved in so called "new age" philosophies or comparative religious studies have decided that Jesus was "just a teacher." Was he only a prophet? Others have decided to disregard him altogether. Members of non-Christian faiths may have ignored his life and ministry. Was he a man who committed blasphemy by thinking himself a God? Others may have said, "Well, Christians have been cruel to me and therefore I'm not interested in Jesus." Even among those who call themselves Christian there is not complete agreement about the meaning of Jesus' life and work. These disagreements have resulted in dozens of denominational factions, charges of heresy or breaking away from the faith, and countless wars. The Edgar Cayce material, however, offers an approach that suggests there is a way of looking at Jesus' life in a manner that unifies all of humankind rather than dividing it. Our Spiritual Birthright Because of our focus on the material things in life, much of humankind has forgotten its true birthright as a child of a loving God. From Cayce's perspective, we are not simply physical bodies, instead we are spiritual beings who are having a physical experience entailing personal growth and development. Many individuals have incorrectly assumed that the goal of being in the earth is to simply reach heaven, find enlightenment, or somehow "get out of the earth." And yet, this is a perspective quite different from that contained in the Cayce material. Instead, Cayce believed that as children of God, our mission was to somehow bring spirit into the earth

The dynamics of our deep and literal connection to God can be found throughout scripture, beginning with Genesis when we are told that God made humankind in the Creator's image. But our relationship with God as our Parent is perhaps no more clearly illustrated than in the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-24). This parable describes the journey of the soul: we were with God in the beginning, through the power of our free will we were able to make choices that were not necessarily in perfect accord with the Creator. And, at some point, we will "arise" and decide to return to God, regaining our inheritance and experiencing our true relationship with Him. One of the readings beautifully describes the spiritual nature of humankind in this way: "For ye are a corpuscle in the body of God; thus a co-creator with Him, in what ye think, in what ye do." Edgar Cayce Reading 2794-3

www.edgarcayce.org...

Christ Consciousness pdf read

The biggest secret hidden from humanity is that we are all gods simply being is a godly act. Enjoy reading my friends.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Agent008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by retirednature

So you have none of your own thoughts

Is it necessary in your world to regurgitate the ramblings of others?

Its fine if you don't believe God exists... but you can not say for a fact that he doesn't...

besides that... once your body fails.... You will also believe in the existence of God...

believe it or not

This was the most confusing thing I've read all day.

I just thought it would be funny to include what Descartes had to say, considering his relationship with the conversation. As well, further more was it in context, because as you could see it was in response to a previous comment. Look again, it may make sense.

I can say for a fact that God doesn't exist. As too, can I say he does! Have fun rambling on about who 'God' is, because I bet your version is different than 99% of other people's.

Once my body fails, I will believe in the existence of God? Explain please.

Ok, I wont leave you hanging with what I was referencing, that's not very ATS 'deny ignorance' like.

Finally, Descartes turns to his idea of God to consider "whether there is anything in the idea which could not have originated from myself." (Cottingham, Pg. 93) Descartes continues:

By 'God', I understand, a substance which is infinite, independent, supremely intelligent, supremely powerful, and which created both myself and everything else (if else there be) that exists. All these attributes are such that, the more carefully I concentrate on them, the less possible it seems that they could have originated from me alone. So, from what has been said it must be concluded that God necessarily exists.

oregonstate.edu...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join