Another question for bible believers... If you will?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Sure... though im not sure why I need to explain... its pretty obvious.

Once your body fails, you will return to where we all came from before this incarnation....

once your body dies... and you realize you are still conscious... Will you still say, there is no God?

I think not...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Once your body fails, you will return to where we all came from before this incarnation....

once your body dies... and you realize you are still conscious... Will you still say, there is no God?

I think not...

How does your 'consciousness' exist separate from the body?

We all come from... matter, ever changing states interacting with all sorts of energies and densities, particles and decays, delays and spooky actions at a distance.

But 'Consciousness' is a very local, coalesced in nature,
a fruit from a tree that hath fallen into the river edge,
carried by the current of our nurture
that returns to shore and becomes again the earth from which it came.

I'm a poet, I know.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature

I think not...

How does your 'consciousness' exist separate from the body?

We all come from... matter, ever changing states interacting with all sorts of energies and densities, particles and decays, delays and spooky actions at a distance.

But 'Consciousness' is a very local, coalesced in nature,
a fruit from a tree that hath fallen into the river edge,
carried by the current of our nurture
that returns to shore and becomes again the earth from which it came.

I'm a poet, I know.

Lovely my friend...

Let me ask you this.... Are you your body?

Or is it a vehical for who you really are?

Better question.... WHO ARE YOU REALLY?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The key is Genesis 1:27. When it says, "in our image," I believe it to be INSIDE our image. The reason I believe this is because it goes on to say and in the image of God. It says it two ways. The verse you reference also says likeness, which could mean many things. Does it mean likeness of thought, mannerisms, qualities or does it literally mean we look somewhat like them? I don't think it means this at all.

I think it means what Matthew 18 states. The image is something cast by light into a separate representation. God is raising children. By image, he is stating that we are them inside this image of material reality. In other words, it is similar to the matrix idea. Neo enters the image, which is an approximation of the real thing. The likeness in this sense is the mind on one side being transposed to the image as if reality.

Matthew 18

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

We are the children here in the image, but our other likeness (Angel / Messenger) is in Heaven facing the Father. If you read the commentary and introduction to the Virgin of World document, you read that the beings listed were lamenting being put into bodies of flesh. If you read Jude 1 and Enoch, you see the same implied truth. The 1/3 of heaven that fell and was cast down are likely the ones needing to repent. Are we here in the waters of repentance? Are we in bodies that are images of the true body?

Hebrews 9

23 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

The one that created the copy of the true one will visit us. We can be saved from this place and brought to the world to come. The process for this is outlined in the Bible by alluding to the realities in parable. Like Yoda says, "Luminous beings are we. Not this crud matter."

To collapse the wave function of salvation with faith is to believe. No believing is not possessing what it takes to collapse the wave function of indeterminate states to determined. To transpose you state, Faith in Christ must be present.

edit on 2-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Love it!!

As always, your contributions are very much appreciated my friend

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

When I bring up an evil commandment from the Christian god in the bible or recall a horrible act of violence that he demanded to be carried out, I often get the answer that "it was contextual" or "that it was only for those people that are being addressed".

I'd imagine that most Christians would say that the Christian bible is an account of their god on Earth and that, perhaps, he has other books and religions elsewhere with an Alien Jesus that redeems them.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"Reptilians", IMO are nothing more than evil spirits manifesting themselves in human beings.

IMO these aliens are evil spirits manifesting themselves. There is more evidence against their innocence than for it, so I tend to see the "what if" scenario that was put forth comes from a stance of willful ignorance, IMO.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The questions about other life from other worlds do not fit in whatsoever with what the gods of Genesis chapter 1 brought about.

Here's a graphical illustration of what Genesis 1 discribes:

from A flat earth teaching in a perfect book?
The person's blog I got the picture from is very informative with regards to Biblical Cosmology.

My personal understanding of this construct, from reading Genesis Chapter 1 would look different from the image I posted, in that: It is not empty space within which this hemispherical biosphere floats, but rather water completely surrounds it. Sorry, the waterfalls at the edge look cool but it's really just all water, no empty space for the water to fall into.

This is the whole universe as depicted in the Bronze Age document we commonly refer to as the Old Testament. The New Testament didn't improve upon it really either. There is no place outside of this hemispherical biosphere from which any other beings can come as far as the Old Testament gods are concerned. So the questions are moot, as far as Genesis gods are concerned.

This Bronze age cosmology is an outdated fantasy, as are the Bronze Age gods, and as are the religions based upon fantastic stories of the flat earth creators interacting with people, giving commands, leading in battles, destroying mightily with plague, war, and famine.

If a God or gods actually created the multi billion year old Universe, with multi thousands of galaxies in which we actually live, He or She or They would bear as much resemblance to Genesis gods as actual universe resembles the hemisphere surrounded by water as described in Genesis; that is, none whatsoever.

But what if they're a peace loving species?

Perhaps even more so then we are? (even though we're obviously not)

As far as aliens go: Until they openly conduct cultural exchange through official embassies and consulates, I consider them to be hostile to humanity. There are rumors and stories and theories about them doing behind the door deals and manipulations and mind f***s of individuals in high positions. If they are in fact doing so, then it's almost certain that they do not have the good of humanity as a whole as a primary goal.
edit on 3-5-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

The New Testament didn't improve upon it really either.

I would suggest that you read,
Lord of the Cosmos: Mithras, Paul, and the Gospel of Mark, by Michael Patella OSB
where the author makes a pretty good argument that the New Testament did pick up on the then current cosmology and ignored the Old Testament version.

Otherwise I agree with your view, that reading Genesis is not really informative for where the world came from, just informative about what old mythology people would find acceptable when it was written.
edit on 3-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I don't think God creating us in his image means our physical appearance, I think it means the image that we see, a.k.a. our sight/light. The image of God is us taking in light then turning it into the image we see.

If aliens have sight then they were also made in God's image. God doesn't play favorites and I don't think we are anything special compared to other life in the universe.

We are all unique in our own way
but I agree it is all souls anyway in one kind of container or another on one level or another of conscious.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There is no other life out there it does not fit in with the Biblical world view but keep hoping E.T will show up to save humanity if you want... Personally I'm putting my trust in Jesus because I know he will never fail me.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Wow you're still here?

I thought you were banned long ago... or was that just your other account?

Always impressed by your ridiculous assumptions... Old habits never die eh

edit on 4-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Wow you're still here?

Thanks for the jeer. Are you quite finished? I bet that's what you would love but thankfully for mine and ATS members sakes, you are not in any position of authority here. FYI I've never had any other accounts on these forums. Its also quite funny how you tell people not to troll but you're whole OP seems to be just that. This thread should be moved to the "conspiracy in religion" forum for a start.

Secondly there is nothing ridiculous about what I believe. On the contrary I think its ridiculous to blindly assume there is life on other planets just because the Universe is so vast, when the Bible clearly tells us the reason God made the universe so vast in Psalm 19:1 to declare his handiwork so we can be awe-inspired. I think God would have let us know if he created some other life and there is zero mention of them at all in the Bible nor has there ever been any scientific evidence for life outside of earth.
edit on 4-5-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Wow you're still here?

Thanks for the jeer. Are you quite finished? I bet that's what you would love but thankfully for mine and ATS members sakes, you are not in any position of authority here. FYI I've never had any other accounts on these forums. Its also quite funny how you tell people not to troll but you're whole OP seems to be just that. This thread should be moved to the "conspiracy in religion" forum.

There is also nothing ridiculous about what I believe. On the contrary I think its ridiculous to assume there is life on other planets just because the Universe is so vast, when the Bible clearly tells us the reason God made the universe so vast in Psalm 19:1 to declare his handiwork so we can be awe-inspired. I think God would have let us know if he created some other life and there is zero mention of them at all in the Bible nor has there ever been any scientific evidence for life outside of earth.

Well thats a lie... You admited to being iason...

The same guy that ironically loves your threads... Anyone here can simply go to your profile and see how obvious it is in your threads... I bet i could even dig up the quote where you admitted it if i tried

Luckily our mods are smarter then that...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The same guy that ironically loves your threads... Anyone here can simply go to your profile and see how obvious it is in your threads... I bet i could even dig up the quote where you admitted it if i tried

Well I don't really care what you think, I don't even know who that person is, but I'm sure there is a rule about making false accusations against people.

All they need to do is check the IP and it will be made evident who is the real liar here is. After all It is usually the Liar that accuses the other of lying...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Well I don't really care what you think, I don't even know who that person is, but I'm sure there is a rule about making false accusations against people.

All they need to do is check the IP and it will be made evident who is the real liar here is. After all It is usually the Liar that accuses the other of lying...

Okdokie there chief... Its pretty simple to make accounts on seperate computers... But as i've said... When you admit to it... It kinda speaks volumes about you...

And i know theres a other members that would back me on this...

Again... If anyone doubts what i say... Go to his profile and watch this Iason... Its blatantly obvious...

Unfortunately im at work... So i have no time to tango with the likes of you tonight...

So... Welcome back.... Im sure we'll clash again real soon

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

There is no other life out there it does not fit in with the Biblical world view but keep hoping E.T will show up to save humanity if you want... Personally I'm putting my trust in Jesus because I know he will never fail me.

Wow, that's possibly the most ignorant thing I've ever seen on this site. I guess out of the billions of galaxies, trillions of stars, and trillions upon trillions of planets, god decided to only put life on this speck of dust of a planet?

Wow...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Wow, that's possibly the most ignorant thing I've ever seen on this site. I guess out of the billions of galaxies, trillions of stars, and trillions upon trillions of planets, god decided to only put life on this speck of dust of a planet?

Wow...

Oh you just wait... Revgen is a peach... By far my favorite trolly on our forums... At least out of who hasn't been banned yet...

And if we're lucky enough for him to grace us with his presence... You'll see why hes my only rival...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Wow...

That's because you believe in evolution. Those who believe life evolved on the earth usually see it as virtual ‘fact’ that life has evolved on countless other planets. I however do not.

Our thinking should be based on what God said He did (the Bible), and not what we think He would, should or might have done. Since God is the one who made the universe, it can hardly be considered that ‘big’ to Him. Humans struggle with its vastness because our comprehension is limited to the created time/space dimensions within which we exist.

We are impressed that God made billions of galaxies with billions of stars in them and suitably so, because that is one of the reasons for making them as seen in Psalm 19:1.
edit on 5-5-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Okdokie there chief... Its pretty simple to make accounts on seperate computers... But as i've said... When you admit to it... It kinda speaks volumes about you...

And i know theres a other members that would back me on this...

Again... If anyone doubts what i say... Go to his profile and watch this Iason... Its blatantly obvious...

Unfortunately im at work... So i have no time to tango with the likes of you tonight...

So... Welcome back.... Im sure we'll clash again real soon

Keep making things up if you wish. Just because somebody shares the same views as you doesn't make you that person. How absurd...

I have no desire to 'clash' with you but its blatantly obvious that you are a troll and have been doing it for some time now (The cheshire cat is the biggest give away). I have noticed you're favorite pastime is to rile up Christians and make absurd posts/topics that undermine the Bible but that's alright because we are used to it and not so easily offended.

reply to post by Akragon

Wow...

Oh you just wait... Revgen is a peach... By far my favorite trolly on our forums... At least out of who hasn't been banned yet...

And if we're lucky enough for him to grace us with his presence...You'll see why hes my only rival...

Once again you prove to be telling porky pies.

(took screenshot before he edits his profile):
edit on 5-5-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join