It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coordinated Silver Attack. (aka Break 'em - Buy Physical) Anyone buying extra silver May 1st?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Anyone participating?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I support this campaign

Because all that silver I just bought will suddenly be worth a lot more and I'll be rich!!! Bwahahaha!!

And you know...for freedom...freedom is good too...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This video was from 2011, so did it make a difference then? Will it now?

I will sit back and wait for delivery of mine for now. What more can I do today? All the creative ability went into an order, when supplies were not so short as they were in 2011, so if everyone buys today, how many like myself will be sitting back in 2-3 or even more months for delivery? Who will profit from this?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Check out this guys collection...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I sense a crash in silver at some point over the next couple of years, due to it being pretty useless.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The video is from 2013, not 2011.

And silver isn't useful? I've heard critics state this about gold, but the unique properties of silver make it extremely useful and valuable to many industries. In fact, in 2012 only 8.8% of silver was used for investment (coins) - the remaining 91.2% was used for industrial and commercial purposes. Check this out to see exact numbers: Silver supply and demand

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjola

What are the industrial applications, as the use of silver in photo's is on the way out and jewellery is as pointless as silver ware or making coins out of silver. I understand the use of gold in computer components and as a conductor but what can silver do that something cheaper cant do aswell.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
I sense a crash in silver at some point over the next couple of years, due to it being pretty useless.

Silver has been the means of currency for thousands of years. It was in our coinage up until 1964. Fiat currency, money not backed by anything, is an experiment that has an average life of 40 years before collapsing in past human history. the USD's Fiat currency is 42 years old.

your statement is very ignorant even if silver is not even used as a currency. Silver is used as a conductor in all major smart phones and PC.

There are 15Kg of silver in each cruise missle. When the no fly zone was inforced in Libya, the united nation fired 110 missiles. That 1,650Kg of silver destroyed forever.

Silver is used in all copper piping, at least in my state, all copper pipping has to have atleast 10% silver in it because its an Antimicrobial.

Silver is used in hospitals and is now starting to be infused in bandages because of its Antimicrobial properties.

you sir have no idea what your talking about!
edit on 1-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
IT has been 2 years now since the coordinated top and take down of silver that coincided with the "OBL" compound raid and killing. The "washout" was predictable and so was a surge in premiums...but that surge was so much that in some coins (American Eagles) it was like the spot price is unchanged fr 3 weeks ago. Prems are coming down a little and it is most crazy for "junk silver" (90% coins) that used to trade around spot. The best prices for government sponsored silver bullion coins are the Australian coins ($~1.79 over). There should be a premium for fabricated (minted) rounds vs 1000 oz bars (see WSJ, cash precious metals, for "fabricated silver and gold" prices). A lot of that reflects the "blue light special" provided by the derivatives sell off but dont forget we are (at least in gold) seeing some ETF selling as well (paper but convertible to bullion for allocated accts). This could be a bottom based on the bifurcation of bullion and derivatives but typically markets do not bottom this way where everyone is lining up to buy. That is top not bottom behavior. This market needs more downside action to shake out the leveraged buyers from this low and to discourage buyers at the next tier lower. The minimum target is the March 2008 High at $21.34 and quite probably below $20! (Dont forget that silver trades with gold and it needs to go lower as well to shake out weak longs. The best thing to happen now would be for Central Banks and China to say that they will be selling physical gold back on to the market for the foreseeable future). Not short but not buying it here either.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Silver is more of an industrial metal compared to Gold (the king of monetary metals) but most of the historic supply of silver ever mined has been consumed (little bits in cell phones, etc where it is not economical to recover - yet).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
iN A TON OF CELL PHONES THERE IS TWO AND A HALF KILOS OF SILVER
FIVEOUNCES OF GOLD
PALLADIUM, PLATINIUM, TOO...
THE REARER METALS ARE USED IN ELECTRONICS BECAUSE OF THEIR CONDUCTIVE PROPERTIES.....
THEIR NON TARNISHABLE SURFACES ETC....
WORLD DEMAND FOR SILVER EXCEEDS SUPPLY

top topics

join