It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEAL Team 4 Commanding Officer Best Known For Finding & Then Killing Osama Bin Laden Commits Suicide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Suddenly EVERYONE knows Seal Team 6

I would use the phrase “knows SEAL Team Six” very loosely but i do agree with everything you have said

There are quite a lot of people who think they “know SEAL Team Six” when really they don’t even know their real name.

Its infuriating when you get drawn into a debate with one of these people who just don’t know what they are talking about.

Like I say

DEVGRU is like 22SAS, a victim of their own successes.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

No, they don't know the proper name, but that proves my point. They all know Seal Team 6, (the media, and the average person on the street suddenly), but that's all they know. They don't know how many people are in it, its make up, or anything else. Which leads to these stories every time there's a death on any of the teams. Suddenly it's Seal Team 6 being eliminated, because everyone thinks that it's one giant team.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

No, they don't know the proper name, but that proves my point. They all know Seal Team 6, (the media, and the average person on the street suddenly), but that's all they know. They don't know how many people are in it, its make up, or anything else. Which leads to these stories every time there's a death on any of the teams. Suddenly it's Seal Team 6 being eliminated, because everyone thinks that it's one giant team.

I totally agree with the both of you. Not to mention it's been 2 yrs since the mission happened, who knows how many team members have PCS'd, retired, or decided not to reenlist since then.

People hear something about "Seal Team Six" they automatically think "that guy must've been on the Bin Laden mission". Logic and common sense is just in short supply on here sometimes.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So, years from know, will this be Obama's Whitewater? I do not think so....

There are accidents and there is coincidence. What does seems odd is that some, not all, are not just operators but in high positions, have a high profile or have a visual presence.

"First rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club"..

Besides, the old adage is anyone who would walk up to you or just tell stories and tell you they are a member of a Seal Team/DEVGRU/etc is a BS'er anyway. This is a close knit circle not a book club.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Nearly 80 men to whack is a huge number..they could'nt do it and not so soon.

Like Chip Tatum said, "In the CIA, you dont take revenge tommorow, you wait, maybe years".

Just too many mystery's would draw attencion...as now..so it's not in their intrest..

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is the problem when you mix paranoia and civilians who know nothing about the military. Confusion and complete fabrications. You want to know about the people involved in the raid? Wait a few years they will all be writing books. While the correct details of the raid will not be included for OPSEC reasons you will know who most of them were and that they are mostly all fine.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Actually there were only about 24/25 men actually on the ground in Abbottabad Zaphod was using the number 80 to describe the QRF, the refuelling team and the air crews.

Really though if you assume that they didn’t actually kill Bin Laden and are now killing of the witnesses it still doesn’t make any sense, a secret that big the whole of DEVGRU would know about it. At the very least they would work it out when all their buddies involved in the operation started dying and the story would be exposed and someone would have to deal with the wrath of DEVGRU.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Apparantly the official report states the helicopter the dog was piloting was victim of a mechanical failure (caused by the impact of a missile.)

Hold on, or you saying the dog was piloting the helicopter, no wonder the darn thing went down

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
someone would have to deal with the wrath of DEVGRU.

Not just DEVGRU, pretty much the entire SOF world. They wouldn't keep it quiet, and it would quickly get around the entire community. That's one group I'd be terrified to have going after me, because you know SOAR, Delta, DEVGRU, and everyone else would want in on it.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust

Apparantly the official report states the helicopter the dog was piloting was victim of a mechanical failure (caused by the impact of a missile.)

Hold on, or you saying the dog was piloting the helicopter, no wonder the darn thing went down

Yeah...it was meant to be ironic.....yet another spectacular "accident" amongst the Bin Laden seal team 6

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Except that, again, not all the Seal Team 6 accidents involve the Bin Laden shooters. The two that were in the parachute accident weren't, the ones on the -47 that was shot down weren't.... But people love to say they were because they don't bother to try to learn if they were or not, or check facts.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Actually there were only about 24/25 men actually on the ground in Abbottabad Zaphod was using the number 80 to describe the QRF, the refuelling team and the air crews.

Really though if you assume that they didn’t actually kill Bin Laden and are now killing of the witnesses it still doesn’t make any sense, a secret that big the whole of DEVGRU would know about it. At the very least they would work it out when all their buddies involved in the operation started dying and the story would be exposed and someone would have to deal with the wrath of DEVGRU.

I dont know what to think, honestly..

I dont know if they took him out...or they took him out...

I dont know if they killed him, or they put him in the bag and Tim Osman was smuggled out. Wouldn't be the first or the last time the company have rubbed out one of their own.

The only thing certain is that we'll never know for certain.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Regarding the Helicopter crash...

SEAL Team Six Helicopter Crash: Let’s Debunk a Myth….

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Wow I am the king of off topic replies today, but you mentioned on page 1 about 22SAS on operation nimrod. Was operation nimrod the embassy seige ? I watched a great documentary about that a few weeks ago. I never realised that there were some controversial (spelling?) actions that happen. It was quite interesting as I am too interested in special forces missions. As a young teen, Sean bean played andy mcnab in the film bravo two zero .. I watched it so much I wore out the VHS tape.

Sorry guys to disturb you .. As you were

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Yes, Nimrod was the Embassy raid.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Cheers mate. I like to try and test myself of such events rather than use google etc. my favourite part if the seige was when they changed the arrival of aircraft into heathrow to lower their altitude to create more noise over the embassy.

On topic is there any genuine photos of the heli they used during the OBL raid?
(Sorry clutching at straws now to keep on topic lol)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

They've barely admitted it wasn't a standard Black Hawk. We're a long way from pictures (years at best probably).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

Another loose end tied up.

Coincidence?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I was hoping the thread go more in thay direction but it's just fine so far. I think the main issue here is all of these deaths and can they all really be coincidental? Perhaps he did commit suicide but not a word from the on going investigation that I can find.

There are many more "coincidental" deaths in the second link. I'd like to see ATS pick that apart.

Pladuim

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

And out of curiosity what do you have to say about your incredibly misleading title?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join