It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

That is very cool! To pick that up when it's somewhere in the region of 4~7 BILLION kilometers away, incredible.

BTW, in the bottom left, I see what looks like some stuck pixels. Have you ever succeeded in removing stuck pixels from a sensor, via hidden camera functions etc.? My canon has got a teenage pimple face worth of stuck pixels and no matter what I've tried I think my sensor is buggered.
edit on 19-7-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
a reply to: ngchunter

That is very cool! To pick that up when it's somewhere in the region of 4~7 BILLION kilometers away, incredible.

BTW, in the bottom left, I see what looks like some stuck pixels. Have you ever succeeded in removing stuck pixels from a sensor, via hidden camera functions etc.? My canon has got a teenage pimple face worth of stuck pixels and no matter what I've tried I think my sensor is buggered.

Dark frame subtraction. I use deep sky stacker to apply dark frame calibration, as I did for this image. It really clears it up. A couple new hot pixels might escape detection if you use a standard library of dark frames like I do but it's no big deal compared to an uncalibrated image. You also need to take them at the same temperature as your camera was at during imaging. My ST-2000 is thermoelectrically cooled to a set temperature so that's not an issue for me, but it can be challenging for an slr which is heating up as you use it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I hope I'm not too late to the party. I just recently got into Astrophotography and hope for a telescope to do some more detailed shots. Here are some things I managed to capture with my D5100. Nothing special or out of the ordinary. But I love the moon, she's incredibly beautiful.

These are from this year in April. The little dot next to it is either Mars or Spica, I don't remember which.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hi, I was just messing about with my camera (true amateur style), and I caught something unusual.....can someone help explain it? Even if it's just a camera error or reflection, it will help my curiosity.

For the record, there were no street lights directly visible for the full 360 degrees, no other direct light source or passing cars...

Here is the original image... (90 second exposure)

Here is the artefact in question blown up....

And here is a photo taken moments earlier to rule out something on the lens...

Probably nothing, but then if one doesn't ask.....

edit on 22/7/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter
I did 2.5 hours on the Trifid nebula last night, it's the first time I've attempted to photograph the Trifid with my main scope:

Very nice! Also I really like how the dominant object is the dark nebula, or at least that is how it appears to me. I never realized how expansive it is until I saw your photo. Thanks for sharing that!

Vince

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Hi the first picture f11 90 seconds 18mm, the second 30 seconds f5.6 and 55mm both ends of a kit zoom I take it.

The first looks like a flare of some kind it is wide angle there are houses around so maybe it caught some kind of light source to produce the effect.

Really because of the different focal length, aperture & shutter speeds you can't really compare both images.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Took some pictures of our moon here in Denmark from my garden while getting eaten by mosquitoes.
I used a ladder as support

Used a Cannon sx500is standard everything

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Took that a few years ago

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Very nice
What camera and setting is that

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Very nice
What camera and setting is that

I'll have to check the exact settings when I get home next month. Just had this on my iPad.

It was a canon 5D mark II with a 24mm f2.8 though

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A beauty of an image Hellas.
Nice work.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

edit on 13-10-2016 by spacedoubt because: T and C violation

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Great pictures! Are they moons of Jupiter you've managed to grab in the conjunction image? Clouded out where I was for the conjunction.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: router404

Thanks, yeah, those are Jupiter's moons above and below it (due to field rotation and the fact that it was just rising).

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Fort mountain Ga

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link