It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think I need a bigger scope!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Finally unpacked my scope from summer hibernation...
These two are just very quick test shots to make sure everything was back up and running.

Albireo

Dumbell Nebula

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Check out my photos! Would love some feedback.

www.500px.com/simenad

Live in Northern Norway. Mostly astrophotography with landscape.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

edit on 13-10-2016 by spacedoubt because: T and C violation

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: simenad
Check out my photos! Would love some feedback.

www.500px.com/simenad

Live in Northern Norway. Mostly astrophotography with landscape.

Good stuff! I liked "Children of the Night" and "Serenity" best, though your photos of the aurora are lovely.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Shocked to see that with access to the equipment you have you are using G.I.M.P ( 8 bit per colour channel ) software for your images.

Nice images all the same

edit on 16-10-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
A couple of photos of the 'blood moon' eclipse in Perth just over a week ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Shocked to see that with access to the equipment you have you are using G.I.M.P ( 8 bit per colour channel ) software for your images.

Nice images all the same

I use IRIS and PixInsight to handle the images natively in 16 bits (including HDR tonemapping prior to conversion to 8 bit), GIMP is just used for the final corrections after conversion to an 8 bit image.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Ngchunter, your photos are stunning. I checked out your flicker page--terrific images.
Thank you so much for sharing your talented work.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
OK, I am hooked again. Actually, I am going to credit ngchunter , after his great shots of Mars and Sliding Spring.

I used to do the AA thing but stopped due to just plain busy. I have a classic C8 that I have added features to over the years and never set them up completely. Well now it is back out of the box, and it may take a week to tweak everything, But I am going to try my hand at some astro-photography and see if I can get close to some of you!

Being in New England has it's challenges, but I will give it a try. Most going on right now is wee morning hours.

The interest in this thread is nice to see, and check ya later.

I will post my rig, to see what you think. The windows fold out.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

That sounds like a blast. Nice clear desert skies. Sedona has some elevation doesn't it?

Alright I know based you being here since 2004 is amazing but seriously how do these numbers come to be???

11,841 966
stars 14,054,771 their way of above top secret score 82018 karma score 17805

I love the idea of these galaxy pics...........and not just by professionals but by lovers of the stars whom are mystery breakers by nature.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

That is a very classic rig. Byers clock drive I assume? We had a bunch of orange tube C8's when I worked at a public observatory in college. At the time my LX200 was brand new and I was still falling in love with using both mine and the one we had at work, but the C8's got the work done day to day, especially on solar observing. If you wanted to do some quick observations you didn't fool with the LX200, you just wheeled out the C8's on wheelie bars and away you went.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter
a reply to: charlyv

That is a very classic rig. Byers clock drive I assume? We had a bunch of orange tube C8's when I worked at a public observatory in college. At the time my LX200 was brand new and I was still falling in love with using both mine and the one we had at work, but the C8's got the work done day to day, especially on solar observing. If you wanted to do some quick observations you didn't fool with the LX200, you just wheeled out the C8's on wheelie bars and away you went.

Thanks and Yes. I built an electronic focus and put slew motors on both axis. I took the slews off, just not smooth enough. I bought the original at auction. Was in an attic in 2 cases, never opened! It has the upgraded optics. Even came with an autographed picture of Leonard Nimoy !

You are right, they are workhorses. I do drool over LX200, and the automation is incredible.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Egyptia

originally posted by: spacedoubt

That sounds like a blast. Nice clear desert skies. Sedona has some elevation doesn't it?

Alright I know based you being here since 2004 is amazing but seriously how do these numbers come to be???

11,841 966
stars 14,054,771 their way of above top secret score 82018 karma score 17805

I love the idea of these galaxy pics...........and not just by professionals but by lovers of the stars whom are mystery breakers by nature.

It's a problem with the system that's all.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
OK, I am hooked again. Actually, I am going to credit ngchunter , after his great shots of Mars and Sliding Spring.

I used to do the AA thing but stopped due to just plain busy. I have a classic C8 that I have added features to over the years and never set them up completely. Well now it is back out of the box, and it may take a week to tweak everything, But I am going to try my hand at some astro-photography and see if I can get close to some of you!

Being in New England has it's challenges, but I will give it a try. Most going on right now is wee morning hours.

The interest in this thread is nice to see, and check ya later.

I will post my rig, to see what you think. The windows fold out.

Nice set up

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter
Here's my shot of comet Siding Spring approaching Mars. Of course the moment of closest approach wasn't visible from Florida, but this was my shot taken hours before hand when it was visible.

Wonderful shot ngchunter!

Keep doing what you do! I love seeing yours and everyone else's shots posted here.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join