It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A British newspaper today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Dont make judgements on all British just because some idiot has made remarks about your country. If the person who made the remarks is known, then direct the insults to him/her, not to all the Bloody country. Its not fair and it certainly isnt right.

Relax mate
If someone bases their opinions on a country because of something the Mirror puts on their front page, it just shows they are a little "misinformed/ignorant" to reality.

I can see I am going to have to scan and post the pisture of Saddam patting a Hamster.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
So let me get this right. You make up a story about a British newspaper writing a story.

Then you use this made up story to insult Britons, Europeans, and American Liberals.

Then you suggest we all move on and unite.

Is that right ?

That's the way I read it too, Jb1.

It's exactly the same kind of strategy of uniting the world and peace as has been employed by the Bush administration.

Sensationalise, grandstand, insult, threaten, smash, obfuscate, then say at the end you are an agent for peace and unity.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What language do you and your country speak, enigmalone?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Dont make judgements on all British just because some idiot has made remarks about your country. If the person who made the remarks is known, then direct the insults to him/her, not to all the Bloody country. Its not fair and it certainly isnt right.

Relax mate
If someone bases their opinions on a country because of something the Mirror puts on their front page, it just shows they are a little "misinformed/ignorant" to reality.

I can see I am going to have to scan and post the pisture of Saddam patting a Hamster.

Cheers mate..

You post the pic & info about the hamster. At least it shows just what the Mirror is capable of. After all, they recently sacked there editor because he was an idiot who jumped feet first into things.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It'll make a great avatar for someone.

Indeed it will, thankyou for that!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmalone
It's time for the people of the world to embrace what we share in common and permit those of this country to proceed forward......

"world to embrace"

And Americans wonder why the world doesnt like them

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
after re-reading the wording of my post I offer a sincere appology to you.

the words were harse at least, I find myself frustrated by the continued bashing and reacted out of that same emotion.

I hope my appology is accepted in the sincere manner it is extended.....

Enigma

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmalone
after re-reading the wording of my post I offer a sincere appology to you.

the words were harse at least, I find myself frustrated by the continued bashing and reacted out of that same emotion.

I hope my appology is accepted in the sincere manner it is extended.....

Enigma

accepted and no hard feelings

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I think we all get frustrated at stereotypes especially ones portrayed by the media, dont let it get you down,
Although it did make pertinent point but in the interests of the special relationship I think we should let this one slide...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
I think we all get frustrated at stereotypes especially ones portrayed by the media, dont let it get you down,
Although it did make pertinent point but in the interests of the special relationship I think we should let this one slide...

agreed.
btw, love the avatar

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This being my third post on ATS I am loathe to shake up a hornets nest here, and I do appreciate that tarring an entire country with a single brush-stroke is not a good move, but....

When comparing this statement...

Originally posted by enigmalone An article in a British newspaper today asked a question which deserves some kind of response. The headline read �How could 59,239,776 people be so dumb?�

As a part of that majority which is considered �dumb� by this limey #bird...

...with this headline from the Daily Mirror...

Originally written by Britain's Daily Mirror " How can 59,054,087 people be so DUMB "

...it makes me wonder what the US's primary school teachers were doing when they should have been teaching simple 'copying' and 'repeating accurately' skills. Dumb, mmm, indeed.

Merk

[edit on 5/11/04 by Merkin]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join