It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book of Elxai: What was the Early Church hiding??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
When three become one what three?... DWS ... The first Adam was of Dirt... The second Adam was of Water the Third Adam was of Spirit... The fourth Adam from the heart and soul of this Holy Earth... The First And Last Woman with the Name Eve... One in every generation has been given the secret of life itself... The name Adam... All Divine All Man... The Man himself... A 7 letter Word... Himself... The first to be cast from heaven was the Truth it's written in your Books And Laws... From that point on not one Angel Had The Whole Truth... It was Cut And Cast From Them...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I believe that a Luciferian agenda exists and unfortunately that agenda controls the governments of the world. I do believe that things were intentionally left out of the bible. Take the book of Enoch for example. It explains so many things about how God divides the dimensions and time. It also explains how in the early years fallen angels/demons/aliens etc.. mingled with the daughters of men and taught them how to make weapons, and how to administer psychedelic drugs, the art of seduction, etc... basically how to sin (live unhealthy in all aspects). When I try to tell that story to an average church goer you ought to see the way they look at me even though the book is consistant with chronology (gen 6) Just to add, Enoch never died, he was taken at 365 years of age. He also knew that when Methuselah (his son, meaning "when he dies | it shall be sent") passed, the flood would come. Enough consistencies to include this in the bible but I dont think that the tyrannical, worthless, shameful, and defeated Luciferean control freaks want the masses to know even half the truth. The truth will set you free. God Bless.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

WikipediA
Quote:
The Gospel of Mary is an apocryphal book discovered in 1896 in a 5th-century papyrus codex. The codex Papyrus Berolinensis 8502 was purchased in Cairo by German scholar Karl Reinhardt.

Although the work is popularly known as the Gospel of Mary, it is not canonical nor is it technically classed as a gospel by scholastic consensus. For example, Andrew Bernhard notes in his text-critical edition of non-canonical gospels that "the term 'gospel' is used as a label for any written text that is primarily focused on recounting the teachings and/or activities of Jesus during his adult life".[1]
Papyrus Berolinensis 8502, also known as the Akhmim Codex, also contains the Apocryphon of John, the Sophia of Jesus Christ, and a summary of the Act of Peter. All four works contained in the manuscript are written in Sahidic in the Subakhmimic dialect.[2] Two other fragments of the Gospel of Mary have been discovered since, both written in Greek (Papyrus Oxyrhynchus L 3525 and Papyrus Rylands 463). P.Oxy. L 3525 "... was in fact found by Grenfell and Hunt some time between 1897 and 1906, but only published in 1983,"[3] by PJ Parsons.[4]

The two fragments were published respectively in 1938 and 1983, and the Coptic translation was published in 1955 by Walter Till.

Hollis Professor of Divinity Karen King at Harvard Divinity School suggests that the original gospel was written in Greek sometime during the time of Christ.[5][6] Most scholars disagree with her conclusion, instead dating it to the 2nd century.[7

Gospel of Mary was well distributed in early Christian times and existed in both an original Greek and a Coptic language translation.

Nat Geo had a nice piece on the Gospel of Judas
ngm.nationalgeographic.com...
The Judas Gospel

Hands trembling slightly from Parkinson’s disease, Professor Rodolphe Kasser picked up the ancient text and began reading in a strong, clear voice: "pe-di-ah-kawn-aus ente plah-nay.” These strange words were Coptic, the language spoken in Egypt at the dawn of Christianity. They had gone unheard ever since the early church declared the document off-limits for Christians.

There is a sinister backdrop to traditional depictions of Judas. As Christianity distanced itself from its origins as a Jewish sect, Christian thinkers found it increasingly convenient to blame the Jews as a people for the arrest and execution of Christ, and to cast Judas as the archetypal Jew. The four Gospels, for example, treat Roman governor Pontius Pilate gently while condemning Judas and the Jewish high priests.

The "secret account” gives us a very different Judas. In this version, he is a hero. Unlike the other disciples, he truly understands Christ’s message. In handing Jesus over to the authorities, he is doing his leader's bidding, knowing full well the fate he will bring on himself. Jesus warns him: "You will be cursed.”

As I said I m not a Biblical scholar but I do read and try not to restrict myself to one golden book or one source.

I supose it is good you made me look this stuff up I thought my memory was failing...It probably is but this time I was able to CMA, no?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yes Enoch I thought of him when I posted above... The name Enoch... Earths Next Orbit Changes History... His age means something as his name for an example yes the fallen Angels Of Lucifer tried to hide and cover the truth...

His age 365...5... The Time Of Mans Punishment... The 5.5 Days Of Punishment In The First Book Of The Days And Lives of Adam And Eve... The Years Of Time discussed with him back then...

As people saw and now are talking about the time of the 747 jumbo jet ball of flames... 3:33 And 3:32

I am going to post here what I talked about... To explain numbers and words of the Holy...

www.youtube.com...

01-05-2013, 07:47 PM I made this post about oneness... 123 were the high lighted numbers of concern...

123 in words Ones True Power... Those three numbers combined equal six the power of man...

Your 3:33 the : is a functional movement... Each . represents Multiply...

This would be 3x6 + 3x6...is 18... Ones Awakening... His next move is to be blessed... 9... A Finished Child Of God...

Your 3:32... 3x5+3x5=12 ...The Family Of Jesus Christ... 3... The Symbol Of Power The Source Of It All...

This video was 1:18... The True Awakening of what all deny...
edit on 1-5-2013 by Celt1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2013 by Celt1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I'm well aware of the texts, one of my personal areas of interest is the development of orthodox Christianity and the rival views that developed of Christ, but, once again, neither Gospel of Mary nor Gospel of Judas was ever a part of the Christian canon -- they represent a completely different religion, which shares a few of the same central characters as Christianity, but that's about it.

edit on 1-5-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Very suttle there my friend. I see it how many others do. I to.am interested in the stories about the.angels and the war that happened between them. I believe these stories to.be very important.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I bow to your research: in my lay persons knowledge I would have assumed they were purged during Nicea

Answer: The Council of Nicea took place in 325 A.D. by the order of the Roman Emperor Caesar Flavius Constantine. Nicea was located in Asia Minor, east of Constantinople. At the Council of Nicea, Emperor Constantine presided over a group of Church bishops and leaders with the purpose of defining the true God for all of Christianity and eliminating all the confusion, controversy, and contention within Christ’s church. The Council of Nicea affirmed the deity of Jesus Christ and established an official definition of the Trinity—the deity of The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit under one Godhead, in three co-equal and co-eternal Persons.
Once the Nicea Council meeting was underway Constantine demanded that the 300 bishops make a decision by majority vote defining who Jesus Christ is. Constantine commanded them to create a “creed” doctrine that all of Christianity would follow and obey, a doctrine that would be called the “Nicene Creed,” upheld by the Church and enforced by the Emperor. The bishops voted to make the full deity of Christ the accepted position for the church. The Council of Nicea voted to make the Trinity the official doctrine of the church. However, the Council of Nicea did not invent these doctrines. Rather, it only recognized what the Bible taught, and systematized the doctrines.

Read more: www.gotquestions.org...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Jesus was the last pharaoh of Egypt and apparently, he was also the first pharaoh of Egypt.

the book of enoch was also withheld from canon because the translators had given the height of the giants
as impossibly large. one reason it has continued to not be included, even in protestant versions of the bible, is that anything over like 8 ft tall, has to struggle against gravity. early death from heart failure, lack of blood flow to the brain and oxygen depletion etc. if the extremely large dinosaurs were brought back to life today, they would fall over and not be able to get back up. our planetary gravity has increased since their day and presumably has continued to increase over the millenia.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No disrespect intended, but this book is small potatoes.....an entire library was burned in Alexandria.

well, some of it....the rest is hidden in Rome.

Your right on many points.

If a book was printed, it usually had a backer that put up some good scratch to pay for the thing. Books were as gold to the literate....maybe more than gold.

Regardless of how they have mangled the old stories (even the propaganda) from thousands of years past, the truth will leak out...if you look.

Meditation will reveal what words can only disguise.

Truth will NOT be hidden from those who seek it with fervor!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
There are plenty of heretical books that were cut out.

You think all of the dead sea scrolls were accurate? Some of them were ancient tabloid literature, why should we give them credence, because their old?

Old doesn't = true. But I do believe the Vatican have held back plenty and have added plenty, they themselves have added a few heretical books into their own version of the bible.

From one perspective the coolest thing about being Pope would be having full access to the Vatican archives. They hold the fullest history of the earth and so few have access to it. If they have nothing to hide they should scan all of those documents and release them before the church falls, it would be quite a waste to potentially lose all of that information. People speak of a great hidden library under the Sphinx, the true library of the world is at the Vatican.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sounds like the book was a piece of crap - didn't somebody else say that too.....?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I decided to look around to see what was going on during the time of this books destruction and found some things that may or may not relate I will let you guys decide.

First was a sort of forced debate between the Catholic church and Jewish scholars known as the Disputation of Tortosa

The second thing I noticed when looking at a list of Jewish Messiah claimants for anyone around that time period who might have caused trouble and came across Moses Botarel who also attended the disputation of Tortosa. Perhaps during this debate this book was mentioned and attention was brought to it. This could be why it was destroyed. Just some things to ponder when considering the OP.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Gregg Braden revisited: Full conference "The Divine Matrix"

The why of it is put quite well here, but its a very long video, bringing both science, and the knowledge from East/Tibet, and the lost knowledge in the Bible, touching directly the topic you bring up about removing books, and editing what is included. I know its long but highly recommend this.

Will find a link that does mention some of this directly to save time:

www.mindbridge-loa.com...

The self empowering books in the Bible were the ones taken out in the 4th century at the Nicean Council. The power of human emotions to rearrange the atoms and to interrupt the flow of time and space, this was in the descriptions of the books taken out of our traditions, although this was never taken out of other traditions, such as Native American and those living in Peru and in the Andes. .....

In the Gospel of Thomas, now in Egypt, Jesus is telling us about prayer. It is a language that communicates with this intelligence he calls the Father. If you want health or wealth, "be" surrounded and enveloped by these things so your feeling can be completed.

Our science is showing that when we have strong feelings, not only are there changes inside our bodies , but also there are changes outside our bodies. The world around us is primarily electrical and magnetic. In our bodies, the largest generator of electrical and magnetic divine matrix is the human heart. It has about 100 times the power of the brain to create an electrical field and over 5,000 times the power of the brain to create a magnetic field. Any standard physics text will tell you that changing either an electrical or magnetic field will change the atoms in that field.

The Language of the Heart is where the power is packed to change our future. In the Bible, when the disciples of Jesus were asking why their prayers were not always working, Jesus explained that when they were praying, they should act as if they had already received it and they will be given whatever they have asked for.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Now on this part I do not know and don't pretend to know if there was another translation of Aramaic done in his saying there were 2 lines removed from the John passage here; (link above)

Gregg Braden explains that we got the Reader's Digest condensed version of the Bible. "Ask and ye shall receive." What Jesus actually says is "Be surrounded or enveloped by your desire so that your joy can be full." -- Be this way as if these things have already happened. John 16 23-26 or so roughly.

It is an unbiased matrix, Gregg Braden reiterates, that mirrors back to us what we create in our lives. Our thoughts imagine what we would like. Our hearts breathe life into this when powered by our feelings. This has been discouraged by males in our society. Could this be part of the reason the Nicean Council deleted these sections from the Bible?

I know there is an Aramaic translation, but it doesnt say this. In any case, regardless of that, the implication of that answer is how the universe works based on the magnetic waves that change with our feelings that our hearts put out, but its its one piece of the puzzle.

But we'll not know to the full extent how much the words have been altered and all that has been excluded in the Bible.

edit on 2-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Was searching for passages from the fragments of this book that made sense, its kind of hard to fish out the info in the link. Discovered two different things said about these fragments. One was about two great Angels, one male and one female, one possibly Michael or Metraton and the Holy Spirit. And then another was about Christ's identity. And that St Epiphanius identified Christ Yeshua as Yeshu ben Stada/ie Panthera.

If those who murdered Jesus were the authors of these words, and even if they were later additions, they could very much be said to have persecuted him, and these words do not make him into someone else, more their slander against him.

www.angelfire.com...

Someone interpreting what is actually being said in the fragments might be good.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Knowledge of these writings survived from quotations made by Bishop Hippolytus of Rome (176-236) and St Epiphanius of Salamis (315-403), along with references in some early editions of the Talmud of Palestine and of Babylonia. The Rabbinic fraternity once held the destroyed manuscripts with great reverence, for they were comprehensive original records reporting "the life of Rabbi Jesus".

Later, in a similar manner, Pope Alexander VI (1492-1503) ordered all copies of the Talmud destroyed. The Council of the Inquisition required as many Jewish writings as possible to be burned, with the Spanish Grand Inquisitor Tomas de Torquemada (1420-98) responsible for the elimination of 6,000 volumes at Salamanca. In 1550, Cardinal Caraffa, the Inquisitor-General, procured a Bull from the Pope, repealing all previous permission for priests to read the Talmud which he said contained "hostile stories about Jesus Christ". ....

Scholars over the centuries have discussed at length why Jesus was so regularly called ben Panthera. Adamantius Origen, an early Christian historian and Church father (185-251), recorded the following verses about Mary from the research records of a highly regarded second-century historian and author named Celsus (c. 178):

Mary was turned out by her husband, a carpenter by profession, after she had been convicted of unfaithfulness. Cut off by her spouse, she gave birth to Jesus, a bastard; that Jesus, on account of his poverty, was hired out to go to Egypt; that while there he acquired certain (magical) powers which Egyptians pride themselves on possessing.12

Later, in passage 1:32, Origen supports the Jewish records and confirms that the paramour of the mother of Jesus was a Roman soldier called Panthera, a name he repeats in verse 1:69. Some time during the 17th century, those sentences were erased from the oldest Vatican manuscripts and other codices under Church control.13

The traditional Church writings of St Epiphanius, the Bishop of Salamis (315-403), again confirm the ben Panthera story, and his information is of a startling nature. This champion of Christian orthodoxy and saint of Roman Catholicism states:

Jesus was the son of a certain Julius whose surname was Panthera.1

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Just want to make it very clear what I'm saying. I've read these accounts of Christ within the Talmud before, and due to different passages alluding to similar things, including a play on words that calls his mother, words akin to sounding like Mary Magdeline. I consider ALL the passages, not to be different references to different Jesus's, but to be all references Christ Yeshua.

But when I had read this years ago, there is debate by historians as to whether those passages were recorded at the time, or shortly after, of his death, or years later when they were in foreign lands and in either case, they were not his friends. They didn't like Christianity. So one has to read for the possible proof of Christ Yeshua head of the Nazarenes existing, but filter the slurring words, because they just show bad form, basically.

Here is more:

www.angelfire.com...

I'd just hold the negative in question, for they were not his friends, but had murdered him.

The Book or fragments of Elxai, did not just refer to this, for there was reference to these enormous angels, both the Male closest expression from God and the Female, and that this Spirit animated or was with more than one lifetime of Christ, at least that is how I took it, the link given in the OP was difficult to read what they meant, I kept searching for clear examples of the fragmetns themselves, but it wasn't presented in a clear way.

And that would make sense, and I believe we're all supposed to wake up and flow the Source and Love/Light, the Water, as Bruce Lee said, in our lives. But that He may have chosen to come, as a Higher Up, to assist. That is how I see Christ's mission. Immanuel. While at the same time, that they have heavily rewritten things.

But there is a Tao, or the Eastern understandings in much of what he has said, and I imagine it was very hard to conduct his ministry with understanding of the universe and healing as opposed to the Judiac Religious traditions, though some of this may be in the mystical traditions. What I was alluding to in my first posts.

I don't know if it said this in the fragments, but while searching for the fragments remembered reading something about it being an error to go to the Fire, and that this concept was in error, so instead to seek the Voice of the Water??????

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be ironic if they all are references to him, although slandered, but that they have hidden him in plain sight?

That as the two angels, many miles high, were both Male and Female, and Michael/Metraton as closest to God/Source and Sophia, the Holy Spirit, also Intercessor/Wisdom, this seems to me to refer to the physical expression of Source, ie, closest to Source which is Spirit/Consciousness/Mind.

And alluding to possibly coming many times.

I read in one of those links this: Yeshua Ben Pandira was perhaps the teacher of righteousness connected to the Dead Sea Scrolls.

So started that research:

www2.ida.net...

Found links to a book entitled The Secret Initiation of Jesus at Qumran.

I'm going to include this even though it seems a little odd.

www.archangemichel.org...

Because I was researching pleyades, and the references in the bible including in revelations that Christ would return with the seven stars in his hand, pleaides.

"The Mandaeans tell of the founding of Jerusalem by a powerful female Goddess named Ru Ha. She is viewed by them as evil. Ru Ha controls the Seven Planets. They say that Ru Ha worked evil on the Earth through several chosen men. These are Abraham, Moses, David and his son Solomon. Her greatest evil, however, was realized through one final man. At her temple in Jerusalem, a young priestess was chosen to bear a special offspring. Her name was Miriam. We call her Mary. She brought forth the 'child of Ru Ha', the 'Imunel' (Immanuel) and he called himself, Jesus. He was baptized by John and taught much by him. He turned from John's teachings and led the people astray, the Mandaeans claim. The Mandaeans say that Mary is a 'Daughter of the Moses' and that this Moses dwelt on Mt. Sinai."
- "Way #10: The Messiah Projects: Jesus, Son of Isis"

And I don't support the negative connotation in this passage, nor that pleaides is negative either.

I sit in Heaven

I shall be reckoned with the angels/gods...

This theory is based on a series of verses of the Dead Sea Scrolls that allow us to draw a portrait of a hero whose merits gave him the right to be sitting next to the angels or next to the gods (Elim), depending on the translation. The translations are slightly different according to the personalities of the scholars and the comments abound. We choose to work with the study of Israel Knohl in his work, The Messiah before Jesus...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Continued from the above link:

This first hymn, the Self Glorification Hymn, is followed in all four of its manuscripts by a second hymn that calls on the community to thank God for his mercies. In these psalms the writer expresses gratitude to God for redeeming him from sin and bringing him close to His presence. The writer portrays himself as the head of a community of believers and many scholars consequently believe that the scroll was written by the �teacher of righteousness�, the founder and original leader of the Qumram sect. � Messiah Secret, 13 (Two fragments of 4QHe).

�Who has been despised like [me? And who]

has been rejected [of men] like me? [and who] compares to m[e enduring] evil?

Who is like me among the angels? (elim)

[I] am the beloved of the king, a companion of the ho[ly ones]

none can compare for I [

with gold will cro[wn�

There is another version of this text, found on another fragment of the Scrolls (4Q491):

For] ever a throne of power in the angelic council. No king of you will sit therein.

I sit [ ] in heaven, and none [ ] I shall be reckoned with the angels, my dwelling is in the holy council. [ ] desire is not in the flesh [for] everything precious to me is in the glory of the holy hab[itation].�

Who could cut off my words? And who could measure the flow of my speech?

Who can associate with me and thus compare with my judgements?

Fo]r I am reckoned with the angels, and my glory with the sons of the king.

So it may be a reference into even more, the Qumran.

And there may be alot they're hiding. If it was more widely accepted that Christ was mentioned in the talmud and one goes beyond the slandering, then one may discover the gnosis and begin to seek within and find why they're here, and overcome this world.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I don't believe you will convince many who are part of the 'itchy ears' group. I know exactly what your saying, and am likewise aboard your train of thought, in other words, I parrot what you say here. But you are right, as the time progresses to the end, "Even the Saints" will be targeted. It is our faith and discernment which will hold us safe in the "Word". "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
But there are no unicorns alive either.

That just proves they were killed off and there is a conspiracy in that too right???

Think about it, think real hard.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join