It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Green Run: Hanford has been intentionally poisoning us for decades

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

It's this kind of stuff that just realy ticks me off!

What right do these people think they have to play russian roullette with everyones lives?

Where are the governors and other people who should haver oversight? Oh...that's right. Busy passing laws changing what kinds of words are used!

New Washington State Law Bans Words 'Penmanship,' 'Freshman,' 'Fisherman' as Sexist

I swear that our lawmakers here have just gone completely CRAZY!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So you know how I was wondering what our leaders here in Washington State were doing about this mess at Handford?

Maybe they are leading a committee to investigate any wrong-doing....or creating legislature to make sure it never happens again, or *gasp* going after the people that have blatantly ignored reported problems and issues, or the corporations paying off people to overlook things, possibly poisoning one of the largest waterways in the PNW.

Nope. What are they doing? Creating a bill to have it turned into a National Park! Seriously. I'm not making this crap up:

B Reactor park bill passes Senate committee

Read more here:
www.tri-cityherald.com...=cpy

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here is a little more info on the National park proposal:

March 10 Daily News editorial

Perhaps the only way to get the federal government serious about cleaning up the nuclear waste at Hanford is to make the place a national park.

That seems to be the idea behind proposal revived Thursday by U.S. Sens. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., and Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., They want to create a multi-state “Manhattan Project National Historic Park” that would feature three sites that played central roles in the United States’ development of atomic weapons during World War II — the Hanford Nuclear Reservation and the national laboratories in Oak Ridge, Tenn., and Los Alamos, N.M.

The senators, like us, may have reached the conclusion that the only way to compel the federal government to decontaminate one of the nation’s most toxic sites is to create a park and invite thousands of people to visit it. U.S. Sens. Patty Murray, D-Wash., and Ron Wyden, D-Ore., announced their immediate support. Both of New Mexico’s senators are also on board.

Link

It might not be a bad idea if it really does cause the fed gov't to become more active in clean-up.

Off topic, My boyfriend and I were in Richland last month to celebrate the end of tax season and my birthday, and to also get some bike riding in where the weather is nice. We were sitting at his auntie's house along the river and right next to a scrubby piece of land that the DOE owns when we heard over a loud speaker, "Attention all personnel, attention all personnel something something something something..." We just couldn't make out what was being said. Then we heard the whoop whoop whoop of a siren. It scared me. A lot. But, we noticed that nobody was fleeing the area and we went inside to turn on the tv and there were no alerts.

It was straight-up 2:00 p.m. at the time so it had to be a drill. But, with the leaks at Hanford and the Columbia Generating Station nearby, I was positive something bad was going on. They should warn the public when they do that sort of thing!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NiteNGale2

That WOULD be scary! I would have been like "Where's the bomb shelter?"

As for the whole park idea; while I would love to believe it was our Governors being smart, I think it more likely a way for them to not only try and bring in tourists and cover up the mess...but make money at the same time.

In Washington State, you have to pay now to use State parks.
edit on 29-5-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join