It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane crash in Afganistan captured on dash cam. Insane footage.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The one from Russia late last year

Yesterday there was a plane crash at Bagram Airforce Base in Afganistan. It was captured on dashcam. It blows away the footage from the Russian crash earlier this year also on dashcam. No one survived this crash as I am sure you will be able to tell. The Taliban claimed they shot they plane down (heard the claim of responsibility on NPR this morning) which as you can see is false propaganda. Feel very sorry for the people onboard. They had maybe 5 seconds warning.
Am I the only person who does not roll around with a dashcam? The guy stays very calm.. Much calmer than I would have. One little f-bomb.
I am on my phone if anyone can imbed the video.

See video at link.
jalopnik.com...

A Boeing 747 cargo plane crashed just after takeoff from Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan yesterday. There were eight crew members on board, and none of them survived. The entire crash was captured on the dash cam of an approaching vehicle. This is terrifying. 9

edit on 30-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2013 by Gemwolf because: Fixed video tags

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

edit on 30-4-2013 by darknewt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

there you go

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I can't imagine witnessing something like that.

Those poor people.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

Thanks Dark Newt. I appreciate it. I could have done it from my home computer but it is hard with my phone to pull it off.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That looks more like a major mechanical failure. Stall descension.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thats wild. Cant imagine the people on board what was going through there minds before impact

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Maybe the cargo wasn't secured good enough, and shiftet towards the tail of the aircraft, the angel it goes up looks wierd.

Crazy footage, cameras every where now a days.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm already scared of taking off and landing in airplanes, now that i've seen this I'm scared to even book a flight.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering

Think your right. Clearly taking off when it stalls for some reason. It looks like it jerks left or right depending on viewpoint the violently back the other way and straight down. I do feel very sorry for the people on board. The article says there was only 8 people which is fairly amazing as it appears to be a pretty big aircraft.

I suppose one way to look at it is it was very fortunate that more people were not killed. Bagram is a huge airbase and a lot of personal stationed there.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
RIP.

That was a steep angle of attack for a takeoff for a aircraft of that size and the plane stalled. No telling why though. Not going to even try and speculate.
edit on 30-4-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Whoa! That was gnarly. The plane did not even look right. What would cause a plane to do that Thank gawd the people went quick.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering

Very sad. 8 crew people dead. From what I heard they lost control due to a large load shift in the cargo area. (747 modified as a cargo plane.)

When I was flying for the Navy, we listened to many a cockpit recorder in an effort to glean lessons learned from such events. It is a bit eerie when you know you are hearing someone's last words I do recall one copilot's last words were to the pilot :"I told you so."

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. To me it looked like the aircraft was doing a max angle defensive take-off (gain altitude as quickly as possible to stop bad guys with small arms from shooting you) when either an engine failed, cargo broke lose and shifted, or they just stalled the aircraft which was loaded and heavy with fuel and cargo. Stalling the aircraft should not have been an option for anyone awake in the cockpit. Warnings, buzzers and stick shakers would have been going off before the stall. My money is on the power loss theory or cargo shift.

Saw an OV-10 take-off after rearming and refueling once trying to do a max performance t/o out of Quan Loi only to have a power loss in his right engine. He was about 4 wing spans above the dirt when the engine shelled. The aircraft flipped upside down and flat spun into the dirt. Ejection seats do not work well upside down close to the ground. The bird flipped so fast the pilot had no chance of survival.

Aviation is actually pretty darn safe as long as you plan for the worse case scenario. Max angle/ max performance works as long as everything on the bird does it's part. One failure in the link of performance can end in severe consequences for all involved.
edit on 30-4-2013 by 727Sky because: .....

edit on 30-4-2013 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
Thanks for posting. To me it looked like the aircraft was doing a max angle defensive take-off (gain altitude as quickly as possible to stop bad guys with small arms from shooting you) when either an engine failed, cargo broke lose and shifted, or they just stalled the aircraft which was loaded and heavy with fuel and cargo. Stalling the aircraft should not have been an option for anyone awake in the cockpit. Warnings, buzzers and stick shakers would have been going off before the stall. My money is on the power loss theory or cargo shift.

Saw an OV-10 take-off after rearming and refueling once trying to do a max performance t/o out of Quan Loi only to have a power loss in his right engine. He was about 4 wing spans above the dirt when the engine shelled. The aircraft flipped upside down and flat spun into the dirt. Ejection seats do not work well upside down close to the ground. The bird flipped so fast the pilot had no chance of survival.

Aviation is actually pretty darn safe as long as you plan for the worse case scenario. Max angle/ max performance works as long as everything on the bird does it's part. One failure in the link of performance can end in severe consequences for all involved.
edit on 30-4-2013 by 727Sky because: .....

edit on 30-4-2013 by 727Sky because: ...

The above all very true. We had a saying,"NATOPS is written in blood." Thanks for your service, BTW.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Two things come to mind...

One is the crash of a B-52 bomber some years ago being piloted by someone who was showing off.

Second is that one is left to wonder how much identifiable wreckage is left when compared to 9.11 Pentagon and UA 93...

These magnificent airplanes and their horrific endings stick to you forever...

My heartfelt sympathies for those who lost loved ones in this 747 crash.
edit on 30-4-2013 by redoubt because: addendum

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

We probably could not feel the terror for them or ourselves unless we were there to witness it in person.
Somebody kin to me told me they saw an area in their state devastated by a tornado. Later he got to
pass by the area in person. He said the tv could not do it justice. Everything was just leveled he said or
something similar. If we knew them or could see their faces it would be even more hurtful. Of course I
don't think a human being was designed to feel the same for all losses..perhaps only for a few of the
persons closest to them in some way..otherwise it would be too much to bare. It's doubtful anyone
could survive that much grief for long.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
RIP.

That was a steep angle of attack for a takeoff for a aircraft of that size and the plane stalled. No telling why though. Not going to even try and speculate.
edit on 30-4-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

Very sad first of all..My thoughts exactly.
Very very steep especially for a 747.
Maybe he was dodging small arms fire or the cargo broke loose
and shifted aft? Crazy footage indeed .

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
First clip i believe is a russian one.

The 2nd one is that the one from the most recent crash of a 747-400 cargo in afghanistan?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Comon, how the heck am i the only one that noticed it happened at 3:33:00

What are the chances, holy mason. open your EYE

Talk about a last minute baal ritual, right on time too
edit on 30-4-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join