It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death is an Illusion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
If we knew definitely there was rebirth, there would be no incentive to be a good person.

I see it as quite the opposite.

Rebirth (by which I assume you mean reincarnation) is an intrinsic element of the law of karma, which basically means that whatever you do in this life is sowing the seeds for your next life.

Someone who is convinced of the law of karma and reincarnation knows that there is no escape from the consequence of their deeds, so that would be a very strong incentive to avoid acting in a manner which would have a negative or unpleasant consequence sometime in the future, if not in this life, then in a future life. Furthermore, if this life is the foundation for the next, then there is a real motivation to apply effort in self improvement.

Well said.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
star and flag! This is no doubt how i feel and believe about death! My problem is trying to put it in words like you have!!! thank you soo much!! 100 stars if i could!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Your post, although inspirational, is nothing but numerous assertions with nothing to back them up. Is there any reason to believe what you say?

Very brave of you to chime in, feel free to share with us your beliefs. I would be the first to tell you there is no way to quantify what I say with verifiable proof. Can you offer anything that substantiates that i am wrong? The fact is death is a word used to describe an event that is associated with the termination of life. From personal experience it what I speak from. It is knowledge I have that I trust to be accurate. We do not die, we change dimensions.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
star and flag! This is no doubt how i feel and believe about death! My problem is trying to put it in words like you have!!! thank you soo much!! 100 stars if i could!

You are quite welcome and thanks for the accolades. Happy soul searching and collecting.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree
Death is an illusion. Do not fear it.
Yes, consciousness does not die, so death is ultimately an illusion. However, the body-mind, unless it is utterly transformed by consciousness itself, will tend to fear its own death.

So only real spiritual transcendence of the illusion that we are simply these body-minds (rather than consciousness itself) allows the statement that "death is an illusion" to be true for us. Otherwise, death is a very real, and often terribly fearful process.

edit on 2-5-2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

Perhaps those who feared death in the past as well as the present decided to fear Nature.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

The body is nature - and is fear-based and survival-oriented. So death is frightening to the body - unless consciousness is profoundly understood to transcend the physical limits of the body-mind.

edit on 4-5-2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Thought this link could be of interest:

www.robertlanzabiocentrism.com...

From the ingress of the article above:

After the death of his old friend, Albert Einstein said “Now Besso has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us … know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.”

New evidence continues to suggest that Einstein was right – death is an illusion.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Death is an unsolved mystery.

I find it hard to believe that those who have literally "gotten away with murder", will not pay a consequence, in the afterlife. Like, how can someone get a pardon, for slaughtering millions of people? You tellin me, you wouldn't like to see the "rulers of our world" (past, present and future) burn in a pool of fire, for eternity; while we live the good life??? Shooooot, that would be SWEET!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

After the death of his old friend, Albert Einstein said “Now Besso has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us … know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.”

New evidence continues to suggest that Einstein was right – death is an illusion.

I like that.

Life is a stubbornly persistent illusion as well.

There will only ever be this. This will just constantly look and feel different. But it will always be this.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Think it was Hermes Trismegistus who in one of his treaties said something along the lines of:

"The past doesn't exist, the future doesnot exist, and the present is ever changing". It's strange we are even born, for the present doesn't even last one trillionth of a nano second and compared to the age of the universe it could humble and awe-strike anyone, just lending a simple thought to it.

Kind of shows how fragile and utterly small we all are.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Utnapisjtim
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Think it was Hermes Trismegistus who in one of his treaties said something along the lines of:

"The past doesn't exist, the future doesnot exist, and the present is ever changing". It's strange we are even born, for the present doesn't even last one trillionth of a nano second and compared to the age of the universe it could humble and awe-strike anyone, just lending a simple thought to it.

Kind of shows how fragile and utterly small we all are.

The present lasts forever. When have you ever been able to say 'it is not now'?

The present is ever changing but there is a presence that does not change - it is that which is aware that the present is always appearing different.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It [death] is not an accurate perception of other dimensions because it is confined to an existence based on this reality. The soul will take the necessary path without the brain. The brain stops once the soul leaves. The heart stops, but the energy has to go somewhere.

Death is an illusion. Do not fear it.

Fear death? No... by no means because, well, we can't avoid it.

We ALL die someday.

For those who deny faith and any god... it ends at death. No secondary existence, no accounting for how one behaved in physical life...

The end is the end... darkness, nothing to call one into account for their lives.

maybe... we'll see, won't we

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

The present is ever changing but there is a presence that does not change - it is that which is aware that the present is always appearing different.

Well, if you see it that way and it works for you, I suppose seeing presence as time infinity and not the oposite is a way of looking at it. But remember that by your measures, the past is an infinite series of presents, each time infinite, and so is the future. I'm not sure I want to live in a world where a second lasts a geological age. As you probably understand by now, your way of seeing it doesn't do the trick for me. But thanks for the imput anyway.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The answer most seek is that..., there is no god, no accountability. When we end this physical existence, nothing awaits us... there is no standing before a power above ourselves and having to explain why we did what we did.

Science offers this... even though science cannot prove that ANYTHING, including God, does NOT exist. It does real well when offering what it does know but... when it comes to human lives? Then it is on us, as individuals, to make a choice.

And... no. You won't go to heaven just because you confess your sins. You have to take lessons from them and never repeat... which is a real bitch because, most sins are based on choice.

Does god exist? I think so but, that is just me. In the end, we will ALL croak one day and whether it be an eternal sleep or a passage to another level of existence... we are all still responsible for ourselves.

In one case, nothing happens because all that we were is lost in that ending darkness.
In the other, we are called to account...

Kind of like a lotto ticket of life.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't think that "illusion" is the right term.

The problem is our perception of what we actually are, and what our "reality" actually is.

Our PHYSICAL existence, as I now understand and believe, is only one aspect of a much greater whole. It's a small part of our existence as, what you might want to call "multidimensional" existence. Insofar, being born into physicality and obviously also at some point again gone (dying) is not an "illusion" but just a natural process.

The problem is that our Western thinking is that PHYSICAL EXISTENCE is all there is. We think our existence starts with birth and ends with death.

If we see ourselves as truly "multi-dimensional" beings which can exist on various levels at the same time, then physicality is not the core/all-there-is of our existence any more...but only an OPTION that we can be born/re-incarnate into physicality..possibly even because we want/wish so. It's one aspect of your existence which otherwise is not bound to concepts of space/time etc.. (those apply only to physicality) - possibly even as being sort-of a lesson that our "over-ego/soul" chooses physicality because this life brings with it pleasures but also challenges that other forms of existences do not have.

The ILLUSION here is the mistake to assume that the physical life is all there is.

If you dig deeper into spirituality and all sorts of cultures, religions and beliefs you will see a pattern...and this is often very similar. Most religions and beliefs do in fact share this view that physicality is only ONE aspect of something greater. Even Christianity of course, the basic principle is the same.

What's more, newer physics, neurology etc. is also gradually beginning to tend towards the "esoteric" interpretations ...to say that our physical body, brain etc. is NOT all there is.

Also...if I look for proof....I do not need to spend decades looking and researching. ONE "convincing" NDE experience or reincarnation experience is enough. As someone else said...to prove that white tigers exist it only needs ONE white tiger...and not a life spent searching until you found 1000s.

edit on 32013RuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago38PMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

WonderBoi
Death is an unsolved mystery.

I find it hard to believe that those who have literally "gotten away with murder", will not pay a consequence, in the afterlife. Like, how can someone get a pardon, for slaughtering millions of people? You tellin me, you wouldn't like to see the "rulers of our world" (past, present and future) burn in a pool of fire, for eternity; while we live the good life??? Shooooot, that would be SWEET!

It's not that easy.

The problem here is that you cannot apply human concepts to "what happens in the afterlife".

WHAT IS "GOOD" - WHAT IS "EVIL"?
Why should there be "someone" "in the afterlife" who is punishing or pardoning souls based on what they did in physical life.

Ex, people exist who have no respect for animals. They kill and slaughter millions of fish, cattle, bugs, whatever.

Are those people "punished"? Who decides what's right and what's not?

Is a fisherman punished because he may have killed his wife in a rage...but he's fine having fished and killed a million of fish during in his life?

I DO believe there are "consequences" but they are far from our understanding of that "someone" is judging or punishing based on human standards.

The punishment is more a learning thing which everyone must figure out BY THEMSELVES. This is the key..this is the main reason for our physical existence in the first place.

(My personal opinion is that the ultimate wisdom and ultimate lesson to learn is to having to forfeit all egotistical desires...to see the OTHER person (or other animal) as more important BEFORE the own desires. The "ego" must be entirely sacrificed and given up and it must be replaced by love and respect. It is as simple as that).

When this NOT happens, which is obviously the case with murderers etc...you simply haven't learned. There is no reason for another entity/being to "punish" you, your punishment that you didn't advance and learn is already enough.

It is my understanding that there are in fact various "levels" of maturity and advancement of our true souls and the goal might be to advance as a spiritual soul, possibly to be able to enter new stages of consciousness/reality at some point when "enlightenment" is achieved.

What's the point of the "hell idea" where people would be punished "for eternity"? Who would gain anything from that? What would be the purpose? I don't see any purpose with the concept of judgement/punishment since it would in-fact hinder a soul to learn and to advance. Obviously, the idea is silly and just too human to assume that endless pain "in hell" would provide a benefit for anyone. It would be as idiotic as....say...someone wants to become a doctor and fails constantly with tests on the way there...and then his parents would in addition slap him and punish him violently because he failed...like the fact he didn't pass the test is not already a problem/punishment enough....

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Utnapisjtim

Itisnowagain

Well, if you see it that way and it works for you, I suppose seeing presence as time infinity and not the oposite is a way of looking at it. But remember that by your measures, the past is an infinite series of presents, each time infinite, and so is the future. I'm not sure I want to live in a world where a second lasts a geological age. As you probably understand by now, your way of seeing it doesn't do the trick for me. But thanks for the imput anyway.

Past/future is a word and an idea that arises presently.
Nothing ever escapes presence.

Can you ever say - 'it is not now'?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Itisnowagain
Past/future is a word and an idea that arises presently.
Nothing ever escapes presence.

Can you ever say - 'it is not now'?

The ever elusive present... As for escaping presence, the dead have escaped the presence in a sense. Perhaps this can explain ghosts, how some dead people (often not aware they are dead themselves) resonate in the "common present", while their presence is slightly off (time-wise), as if they live in another dimentional complex, rendering them invisible for most living people. I don't believe in death the way it is discribed. I believe I have died many times, it's just that I am not fully aware of it. I beieve in a multiversal reality. There are an infinite number of "worlds" (what I call dimentional complexes) parallell to eachother, letting us move from one world to the other in time and conciousness. There are an infinite versions of myself, but there's only one consciousness I can call mine. In some of these worlds I am dead, but when I died, my consciousness moved to one of the still living versions of myslef, and the dance continued without as much as a flicker in the matrix.
edit on 5-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Added (time-wise)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

The ever elusive present...

Would it ever be possible for you to say - 'it is not now'?

edit on 5-12-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join