It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death is an Illusion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I am 54 years old and still on the fence about this subject. When I was 5, I drowned at the bottom of a dam and was fished out by onlookers. I remember it like it was yesterday and can picture myself curled up in a ball, looking up and seeing all the bubbles go up around me - felt no pain that I can remember...then I "fell asleep". I never saw any light or tunnel or angels or anything else for that matter and have always held a sense of a combination of suspicion and envy of those who have. Had I seen or experienced anything "ethereal" at the time, I'm sure I would have remembered because I sure remember coming to and puking up water as I laid on the rocks soaking wet. BTW, I was in the water for approximately 5 minutes before they could reach me. There are probably those of you who would say that perhaps the almighty wouldn't show a child these things that they couldn't possibly understand, but many children have "said" they've seen a light, tunnel, family waiting, etc.

Is there something "after"? I don't think so; and if there is on another plain or dimension, it would have so little to do with who & what we are now, that it would make no sense for us to have any knowledge of it. It's the reason our eyes are in the front of our heads....what's behind us is NOT important.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Not an illusion, just a door. A door with a clock that keeps ticking away, opens wide open to those whose time has come or ended, and opens slit like to those who are not ready.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Sure your life obstacles Mold you into a character, but its your Soul that makes the 0 or 1 change in life (Binary reference)

and I can Imagine a more Vibrant soul would take a different path from a non Vibrant Soul.

My perception of qualities from in:
High Vibrations:
Love
Happy
Good
Hope
Patience
Free
Courage
Strength
Considerate
Empathetic
Humble
Greed
Weak
Despair
Anxiety
Bad
Sad
Hate
Low Vibrations:

*tangent Or is our vibration measured be the speed of our heart beat?

High Vibrations:
Love
Hate
Empathetic
Considerate
Happy
Anxiety
Good
Hope
Greed
Patience
Free
Courage
Strength
Despair
Bad
Weak
Humble
Sad
Low Vibrations:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
To perceive death you should look into the other end of the full circle
which is life. We should offer our ideas as to when the soul enters the child.

Not the brain
Not the heart
The soul.

To me the fact that you can be born with a soul is proof enough that; the same way you came into existence from nowhere is the same way you will leave. And of course possibly come back or remain existing from where you came from.

Even if you are Atheist, our bodies were born but our souls seemingly came from thin air. If that's possible then the other side of the circle is possible too. Dying is the same as being born. Before you were born you were dead.
And being dead then was okay right? At least you can say it didnt hurt.
edit on 1-5-2013 by NotAConsumer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Passing out isn't a near death experience. I'm sure what happened is you blacked out - then again, who knows? Just good you didn't drown that day.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
"There is nothing that suggests that conscious awareness - as a physical quantity - shares any inherent properties with energy, as the definite physical quantity that it has been observed and finitely categorized to be in its variety of related forms. In fact, the use of the term "energy" in this specific case seems to be more as a placeholder term in the same way that the term "infinite" is used in mathematics."

Considering everything that exists has energy as its fundamental part, I'm not sure how you can say that energy can't be a part of consciousness, unless you wish to concede that consciousness doesn't exist.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think life is like a dream and when we die its like we wake up to real life which is being an eternal being.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

"Death is a stripping away of all that is not you"

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAConsumer

Beautifully said, Life though is more of a journey, you can come back and some are sent back but not all stay awake and some must sleep to heal for a time before they awake, the dead sometime's come back before reincarnation but can only do this to right a very serious wrong or in very serious circumstance as they may become trapped or lost and it is not an easy thing to accomplish without help.

The best way I can put it is our true government'(s) are there as is our true civilization and it may be little more perfect than here but more accountable, the Chinese worship there ancestor's and just maybe there is something to that though I am a christian with some strange added belief's.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Death is the other side of a proverbial coin like particles and waves. We perceive reality today from the context of particles and when death occurs that changes, to viewing reality from the tense of waves.

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I can not disagree but that can be interpreted in a number of way's so very intelligent wording.

The conscious observation of matter and energy actually changes it's quantum state, for instance light behave's as a wave form but upon observation it behaves in a particulate fashion, almost as if the mind was somehow acting like a reality filter and selecting a reality from more than one possible outcome, you would be surprised at the number of high in there respective field quantum scientists and theorists that have found god.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

I agree and what I feel is a really good point comes into play. This being that the elements that we are made of get recycled by that I mean that (for example) the materials in my hand once was part of a tree and so on.

On a more religious tone given God is love could it them be that fundamentally Emotions are objective.

So that the things a person does has an effect upon how the after life is experienced.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dentsinger

I agree Dentsinger.
My traditional religious upbringing has been replaced by a more sensible (to me anyways) understanding of the world and all things in it, here and beyond.
I posted a similar viewpoint in another ATS forum several years back, it's a relief to know that someone else has shared in my awakening.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm in my middle 50's and I think about Death More now than before getting closer to that time we call Death. I have Had 5 surgeries in my life for some injuries and the first 4 under Anesthesia I saw Nothing not even a dream zero. But my most recent surgery I saw what looked like a man with long hair up above what looked like many people, I couldn't make out the whole scene completely but it seemed ok, I didn't get a bad feeling from it maybe it was Jesus (I am Christian but not really religious) but like I said never saw or experienced anything like this ever not even in my dreams at home. Was this a glimpse into the so called afterlife ? I don't know. But to me I think it was, and I was comfortable with it. or Maybe a Hallucination from the Anesthesia. ah well I wanted to share this is an interesting thread. Best to All of you.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You have to be able to separate the reality you live in here from the reality of your soul. The essence of your soul is accumulating knowledge that will either help it grow or cause it to regress. The concept is hard to grasp because of the environment you are a part of.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

Perhaps no more of an illusion than life in the grand scheme of things.

Certainly life as we are taught here is an illusion as well. My focus was on death because of the negative connotations attached. Life we are living in this reality teaches many different forms of satisfaction we are supposed to be gratified by. The illusion is how we perceive what is truly important.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by rickymouse

All of that makes who you are. The goodness and values are the result of what you do in life, and THAT is what is taken with you into the next life. Knowledge, achievements, things like these are material, and they are left behind along with your body. What remains, what continues into the next life, is your goodness
edit on 29-4-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

Your goodness is what you hope follows you. There are lessons we learn where goodness is not involved that we are going to have energy from, these are just as essential as the goodness you speak of. To me the key is not to be out of balance to the negativity and be at the right place every second in order to have the ability to go to the light rather than the darkness. Some souls feel more comfortable in the dark, however. I for one have experienced both destinations and I feel much more at home in the light.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust

I am comfortable with the thought of dying. It is a natural part of life, or the ending of a saga of it. I am like you, and believe that we do continue on. Our energy or soul will remain, out there, somewhere.

I don't think that people should consume their lives with the thought of dying. It is unhealthy. Be happy, be kind to those around, and live life to its fullest. At least then, when we die, we can feel that our life was worth it.

This is what I am referring to. It is not dying if your energy carries on. The fact you are comfortable is fine, but take it a step further and realize the death construct is not necessary. Take what every knowledge you can that helps you to move forward in this life and future lives. Your life is always worth it, all life is precious, but the life I speak of is the eternal life, the vessels we inhabit here are merely a means to learn.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny777
Cool post. On the other hand, if everyone knew what awaits for them on the "other side", and considering humankind current state of evolution, there would be mass suicides. Thus, for most people this particular ignorance is actually a requirement.

I wasn't looking for cool, but thanks. Your contention is misplaced. Humankind is one aspect of the evolution of a soul. Suicide is never the correct way to carry on. It will cause your soul to regress. Either way, the destiny we seek to achieve is with in all of us and our ability to understand the soul and the source are completely determined by the circumstances we live here, ignorance is not bliss it is a fear mechanism to avoid confronting adversity and learning the lessons we need to learn.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join