It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities say landing gear may have been planted: Lowered in on rope!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
More than WHY did they plant it...

I feel the question should be....WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GET IT FROM.....
And the most importain question, when, was it planted!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Now what has made me come to this conclusion on NYC feeling "left out" is because within a few days of the bombing in Boston, they hold a news conference to announce that the "suspects" were headed to Manhattan to carry out more attacks. When that did not seem to garner more attention than they had planned on, now they come out with this. Is it just a coincidence that earlier this month they started "going through" the rubble from 9/11 as part of their ongoing investigation. All of a sudden, here is a perfectly placed landing gear found 12 years later, that just happens to have "pieces of rope" caught up in it from being lowered into place. All in my opinion, in a cheap way to garner attention and spotlight the the city of New York. Am I the only way that sees this? What are you opinions on this?

I totally agree w/ you but also want to add to the question of " why now ?" With the opening of the Bush Library and the people still going after Bush and Pals for the Murder of our Americans on 9-11, the Murder of all innocent people based on a lie since that day and the reasons you've mentioned..... I can see why now. If you have a NYC cop questioning it...hahahahahahahahaha what more do you need!!!!
edit on 27-4-2013 by tracehd1 because: S&F

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The gap between the buildings is nearly 2 feet so there would be no need to lower by rope.

However, if that is what was done and they goofed by letting go of the rope then there was nothing to stop them retrieving that rope.

Lets see what the National Transportation Safety Board say about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

That is a great question, why now? I think that NYC was using this whole 9/11 issue anymore as a way to push for their total police state agenda. It makes sense to start with the heaviest populated cities first. NYC, Boston, and probably coming soon California.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

They said that the way it was positioned that it would have had to had come in at a right angle! So, what is YOUR opinion ATS?

From your source...

.. it had to come in at almost precisely the right angle,"

My opinion is that there is a major difference between "a" right angle and "the" right angle.

One is 90 degrees, the other is the right angle to fall into that space. From the sky.

Rope gets blown around when its blowy. Gets caught up in things.

Tfw.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Rope gets blown around when its blowy.
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Good catch, I made an error
I do that sometimes.... Tell you what, I will fix mine if you fix yours

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Everyone is asking "why now". Because "they" will always want to keep 9/11 fresh in peoples' minds for years to come. It keeps people afraid and scared of the next lingering terrorist attack that's "just around the corner".

If that landing gear happened there naturally from the attacks, there should be some sort of scrape marks or gashes on either building where it landed, and the gashes will point towards where the WTC used to exist.

If it was dropped from above, either building will have gashes pointing straight up. If it was lowered by rope or just walked into that space, there would likely be no gashes.

So, whether we get the actual forensics from this investigation or not, after the investigation is over, any independent researcher can go to that location and see for themselves whether any gashes exist, and which way those gashes point to. And that will determine the likelihood of whether the landing gear was planted or happened there from the attacks.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Re the attched rope in the picture of the thing

everyone know the seven series airliners' landing gears are all operated by pulleys and ropes its one of the most recent NASA inovations..just ask any anti truther thats lying around with nothing better to do

edit on 27-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by rickymouse

The twisted metal part, jammed in a sliver of open space between the buildings, has cables and levers on it and is about 3 feet wide and 1.5 feet deep.

This was the size of the piece found. I do not believe there would be a need to have it placed there by helicopter.
blog.al.com...

I said it may have been lowered off a roof so they could do a roofing job, being thrown there by the explosion. The helicoptor part was about someone seeing it on the roof after the event. It could have been taken off the roof ten years after 911

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

If I were to fix all my errors, I wouldn't be me any more.

reply to post by Danbones

Good point about the ropes, Fly-by-wire is only on the newest airliners.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Everyone is asking "why now". Because "they" will always want to keep 9/11 fresh in peoples' minds for years to come. It keeps people afraid and scared of the next lingering terrorist attack that's "just around the corner".

Absolutely! They do in fact tell us every anniversary to "never forget". This is the same catch phrase used with Sandy Hook, too. They'll always take it upon themselves to remind us every which way they see fit, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if they happened to find another of the terrorist's VISA underneath the landing gear.

Oh! Lookie here! They have to connect 9/11 to Hurricane Sandy, too.
"9/11 Daffodil Project To Honor Hurricane Sandy Advocates"
www.huffingtonpost.com...

STATEN ISLAND -- A memorial project started for 9/11 victims will honor City Councilman Vincent Ignizio and Snug Harbor Cultural Center next week for their contributions after Hurricane Sandy.

The New Yorkers for Parks Daffodil Project, which plants the flower around the city to memorialize the men and women who lost their lives in the terror attacks, will give the awards on Tuesday at their annual Daffodil Breakfast in Manhattan.

"Never forget!"

Maybe the landing gear was unearthed/uncovered by Hurricane Sandy.
"9/11 Memorial Reopens After Hurricane Sandy Devastation"
www.huffingtonpost.com...

NEW YORK — The 9/11 memorial reopened to the public Tuesday a week after Superstorm Sandy flooded the World Trade Center site as it roared into New York, but another temporary closure was planned for Wednesday in anticipation of an approaching Nor'easter.

edit on 27-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

If that landing gear happened there naturally from the attacks, there should be some sort of scrape marks or gashes on either building where it landed, and the gashes will point towards where the WTC used to exist.

If it was dropped from above, either building will have gashes pointing straight up. If it was lowered by rope or just walked into that space, there would likely be no gashes.

So, whether we get the actual forensics from this investigation or not, after the investigation is over, any independent researcher can go to that location and see for themselves whether any gashes exist, and which way those gashes point to. And that will determine the likelihood of whether the landing gear was planted or happened there from the attacks.

Well according to the BBC website, the authorities advised that there was no visible scarring of the buidling fabric.

Mr Kelly told reporters after inspecting it that a length of rope was looped around the piece of steel and that no marks were visible on the walls overhead.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 27/4/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

If there is no scarring or gouges, then that part most likely didn't happen there naturally from the attacks. There's no way that a plane part will travel a block and a half and land between those two buildings and not touch either building.

Then again, this is the twilight zone because those planes couldn't have brought those buildings down either, but that's a different discussion.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

According to a post on another thread 3 known metal thieves were arrested over the incident and they admitted that they had lowered the landing gear down there after they failed in selling on. Apparently they attempted to do so, but because of the words Boeing and serial number being present, the metal dealer wouldn't touch it. I have searched using Google, but couldn't find anything, so this cannot be verified.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Oh I am sure that is the theory they will try and lead us to believe.If this can be verified as their story, let me be the first on record to say I do not believe it

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This work crew may have left the rope on the part, leaving the part behind because it was too hard to remove and not in anyones way.

New Rochelle Marine Disputes Defenders of 'Ground Zero' Mosque in New York City
By Robert Cox on Wed, 09/22/2010 - 15:17

(NEW ROCHELLE, NY) -- The ongoing debate over the controversial Islamic community center and mosque planned for the site of what was to have been a Burlington Coat Factory retail outlet in lower Manhattan, has left Peter Parente frustrated. Parente, 42, a U.S. Marine honorably discharged in 1993, was part of the small team of construction workers assigned to clear plane wreckage from the building located at 45–47 Park Place in the days after 9/11.

Sitting at the kitchen table in his modest three-bedroom home in the Halcyon Park section of New Rochelle, Parente is uncomfortable talking about the proposed community center and mosque. He said that his service in the United States Marines was dedicated to defending the Constitution and the American way of life, and while he recognizes the First Amendment right of the organizers to build a mosque on the site, he struggles with coming to peace with the plan. But his eyes light up and there is no hesitation when asked about proponents of the mosque who dismiss critics by claiming that the building is not really that close to Ground Zero.

"I was there", said Parente. "I smelled death. I tasted death. It was in the air that we breathed as we worked. Don't tell me that the building is not near Ground Zero. It was all around us."

WTC_DebrisField_150.pngOn September 11, 2001, United Airlines Flight 175 struck the South Tower of the World Trade Center. A part of the plane's landing gear and fuselage came out the north side of the tower, crashed through the roof of the building at 45–47 Park Place and down through two floors before becoming embedded in the ceiling of the third floor of what was a five-story building.

It was that piece of wreckage that first attracted Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, 61, the man behind building the proposed 13-story Islamic community center and mosque, to the site. The presence of Park51 "where a piece of the wreckage fell sends the opposite statement to what happened on 9/11", Imam Feisal told the New York Times last December before the controversy began.

For Parente, that wreckage is personal. Several days after the World Trade Center attack Parente was part of a crew from Forthright Development Company of Mamaroneck, NY, the company hired by Burlington Coat Factory to renovate the building as part of a planned retail store in lower Manhattan. When the building was struck on 9/11, Burlington hired Forthright to go back into the building where they had just completed work and remove the wreckage of Flight 175 from the badly damaged building.

Parente tells of arriving on the scene still worried about the fate of Michael Curtin, his close friend and former Gunnery Sergeant who had been in the area of the attack and reported missing. Sergeant Major Michael Sean Curtin's remains were recovered from Ground Zero in March 2002.

The crew of 15 men made their way into the building with great care, cautiously edging their way up the idle escalators to reach the third floor of the severely damaged structure. There was water everywhere recalled Parente. The sprinkler system had been activated when the building was struck and most of the store merchandise had been ruined.

"It was a mess. The landing gear must have weighed about half a ton and when it hit that building it was like one of those "bunker busters", slicing through the roof and straight down into the heart of the structure. It was sticking out of the ceiling on the third floor. All of us on the work detail got real quiet thinking about the people on that plane."

After securing the large chunk of landing gear with ropes, Parente and the rest of the crew pulled and yanked on the strut, rocking it back and forth, until the ceiling gave way. The landing gear came crashing down into the men's clothing section of the never-opened store.

Parente and the other men, pulled the strut away from the merchandise shelves, laid out boards across the escalator steps and set up winches to haul the plane part towards the escalators and then carefully lower it to the level below. To keep it steady while they lowered the strut down the escalators, Parente sat astride the strut to keep it balanced. At each floor they had to drag the strut across the floor, around to the other side and then down the escalator, repeating this process until they reached the ground floor. They then dragged the landing gear out onto Church Street where they had a truck waiting. The crew lifted the 1,000 pound hunk of metal into the back of a Ford Econoline van.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

If it was dropped from above, either building will have gashes pointing straight up.

There is visible damage on the building directly above where the part was found. It can be seen in the photo below.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Well said.

We can't have people forgetting about the terrorists, can we?

Having it "discovered" while all the hype of the Boston incident is still at its peak is the perfect timing.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

reply to post by rickymouse

The twisted metal part, jammed in a sliver of open space between the buildings, has cables and levers on it and is about 3 feet wide and 1.5 feet deep.

This was the size of the piece found. I do not believe there would be a need to have it placed there by helicopter.
blog.al.com...

you always seem to be on ATS a conspiracy site disscussing how much you believe the true story, doesn't really make sence i can direct you to some more comfortable websites

You don't get to dictate who can be here and who can't, and what opinions they can have. If ATS were a place that only permitted people who think a certain way, who agree on every conspiracy, it'd be a pretty doggamn boring place.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Oh yeah, the PLANE was incinerated on impact...except this.

Because landing gear are the most hardened thing on an aircraft.
The landing gear has to be able to take hundreds of tons of aircraft, people, cargo, baggage, fuel, etc... and hold them even if the aircraft is slammed down on a single wheel with too fast a descent. When we tow an aircraft we are similarly pushing all that weight with a heavy paymover pushing on a single landing gear. Gear are tough, and are gong to be very hard to destroy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join