It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active X Prompt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Why am I suddenly getting an Active X prompt all the time now? I've changed nothing, so you must have changed something.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Damned, it's prob' because ATS was on low bandwidth mode over the last 48 hrs.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Nope. When and where do you get it? One possibility... Flash ad banners at the top of the page. If Flash is not installed, or the nature of the banner requires a flash upgrade, an ActiveX call may be made to install or upgrade Flash.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I got it when this page loaded. If I click refresh, it'll do it again.

I figured it out...

It's this ad.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I had this same problem a few week ago.. not sure what prompted it, but I'd get the prompt on damn near every website. I tried everything, even lowering my browser security to "Low" and I still got the popups..

Try mozilla Firefox OR Format your computer like I did.. its prolly some spyware or trojan that scewered your system.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Nope, it's only this site, and it's definitely that gator ad. You do know Gator is very well known spyware, don't you? No wonder their ad is trying to get active X control.

www.gatoradvertisinginformationnetwork.com...

This does it too. I have it set not to download unsigned ActiveX controls and to prompt for signed ones. This one is obviously unsigned, since it only informed me that the page may not display correctly. And indeed, that ad does not show up.

If you don't receive the prompt, or popup, I suggest you check your security settings. Read this page...

www.alanluber.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Gator is now renamed "Claria" and all ads from Claria have been banned from appearing on ATS.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Cool! Good work! Keep up the fight against spyware!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Great work SO you took care of the problem.

new topics

top topics

join