It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 People Die - Do You Care?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
You care when it is close to your heart?

Death, that is?

You're probably a numb, emotionally meaningless automatom. If you have any soul, the loss of life at a pin factory should crush you like it does me..

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfin4it
You care when it is close to your heart?

Death, that is?

You're probably a numb, emotionally meaningless automatom. If you have any soul, the loss of life at a pin factory should crush you like it does me..

15 million children will die of starvation this year. How crushed do you want to be?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by surfin4it

No, I don't care.
I have no vested interest in their lives. The accident has no bearing on me, why would it bother me?

Sure, it is unfortunate for them, but it has no effect on my little slice of the universe.

Torturing yourself over every accident and tragedy that happens in the world is probably not very healthy for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
While it is tragic, you can't take every tragic death personally. The other poster has an excellent point. Do you want to grieve for every death on the planet?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yes I care,as much as I care about all the babies being born.

Unfortunated death + new born life = 0

As I am not aware about any of their lives.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

No, I don't care.
I have no vested interest in their lives. The accident has no bearing on me, why would it bother me?

Sure, it is unfortunate for them, but it has no effect on my little slice of the universe.

Torturing yourself over every accident and tragedy that happens in the world is probably not very healthy for you.

I feel grief when seeing a dead cat or squirrel on the road. If I don't shut my emotions off at some level I'd go insane. I feel very strongly when someone close to me dies, and sometimes a death elsewhere in the world will hit me so hard that I want to kill those that are guilty. That's as far as I can go, with the rest of our tragedies listed under 'The World Sucks" category.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
I feel grief when seeing a dead cat or squirrel on the road. If I don't shut my emotions off at some level I'd go insane. I feel very strongly when someone close to me dies, and sometimes a death elsewhere in the world will hit me so hard that I want to kill those that are guilty. That's as far as I can go, with the rest of our tragedies listed under 'The World Sucks" category.

Unless you're talking about a family member or close friend, I generally feel worse about the loss of some random animals life than I do some random persons.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I've seen personal losses,my soul is fine and more than that just died as I write this. I do cry from the world because of what I see but it isn't key to my existance. Surviving is far more important.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
We can't let every death in the world bother us. We can't let the death of our food so we can eat bother us either. If we try to make jobs safer without going overboard that is good but often the safety implementations make the job more unsafe. I hate those roof harnesses with the ropes all over the roofs. Not everyone can be a roofer, we should have factories for those people to work in. Risk is a part of human life, what we need to look at is necessary risk. In a country where risky behavior has gone out of control They are picking on safety of jobs to complain about.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
We. All. Die.

No amount of struggle, no amount of tears, no amount of fighting to stay alive, will change that.

In 1000 years, no one will even know you posted this thread on the internet. Unless out of the billions of lives at this one point in time, yours managed to retain some memory.

-- eta

Actually, that gave me something to think about.

Within 100 years or so, almost 7.081 BILLION people will die. Every single life on this planet will die.

edit on 27-4-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
umm OP what are you talking about?
is this some hypothetical thing? if so you should state that. if it is real SOME SORT of information about it would be nice to know. perhaps a link to the events you are talking about would be an idea. at least give us SOME CLUE as to what it is you are going on about.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You must be wallowing in a state of perpetual despair given that death happens every moment of every day in both numbers less than and greater than 300.

How do you get anything done?

Life is too short to waste getting upset over the misfortune of others. Too short to be upset over your own misfortune even.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

No, I don't care.

I feel the same way. It's not much of an issue for me, and it would be unhealthy to obsess over all the tragedies in the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

In 1000 years, no one will even know you posted this thread on the internet.

LOLOLOL A thousand years? I just complained about wasting 20 minutes of my life reading a thread that was started 9 years ago. I like to say to people that a hundred years from their death their names won't even come up in a dinner conversation.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

-You: "...the loss of life at a pin factory should crush you like it does me.."

You are letting 1 incident "crush you"? Then you are way too senstive. We care...but it runs deeper than that. We cant change a thing or bring any or them back.

We cared about 9-11, Sandy Hook, Japans Nuke disaster, Columbine, the Tsunamis (both), Earthquakes in Haiti and New Zealand, the Theatre massacre, the 1,00O's dying all around the world everyday from disease and starvation and human rights etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Wait another day or so...and right here we all will read about another devasting loss of life and too...something we can do little about except shake our heads and maybe say a prayer or two.

There is the story of the little girl trying to raise money to help the Haitian Earthquake victims and help them rebuild and bury their dead...until she heard about the Japan Nuke disaster...and then heard about the starving children in Africa...pretty soon....her desk was overflowing with envelopes...not filled with money....but news clippings of more disasters, deaths, and urgent need for "immediate help" or everyone will die. She looked at all of them spread out on the table and called out to her mom...."Mom? Im going outside to play!'

Yes, we care. But everyday it will be more and more. We cannot save...or police the world. Pick your battles and causes. The world...as a whole...is helpless to stop any more of these things from happening. They will go on....and we have to....but we cant if like yourself...we let every one of them "crush us".

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammatical errors

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by winofiend

In 1000 years, no one will even know you posted this thread on the internet.

LOLOLOL A thousand years? I just complained about wasting 20 minutes of my life reading a thread that was started 9 years ago. I like to say to people that a hundred years from their death their names won't even come up in a dinner conversation.

I was going to say 100 years, but it reminded me of the scene from Terminator when Sarah conner had the little kid put cake in her pocket. Or was it ice cream.

Lol..

Hell, 50 years is a stretch, but then again who knows with the internet. Everything is a long time around here.

Oo

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Also if you feel that way then you must be against abortion,how much longer can that go on?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
'Every death crushes you, yet you are still sound enough in body and mind to find your way here and grandstand about your sensitivity.

This mindless automaton doubts your sincerity.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Considering that you are addressing a membership that are likely mostly complete strangers to you, your assumptions on their personal views seem just a wee bit over the top.

Here's an example: I could say that you're probably an assumptive, emotionally distressed and utterly confused finger-banger with a keyboard that has to be replaced at least once a week. But... I don't know you that well and making such leaping assumptions based on what little I've gleaned from a few lines of text on the web... is just silly, no?

That 300 people died is really quite sad. Why not do them the honor of asking for a moment of silence instead of trying to ransack your fellow ATS'ers?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join