It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the biblical religions are dangerous?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

read on, im saying that lucifer (the world system) posed as god, and was the imposter to god, the real god is none of the things portrayed in the old testament...it was not just the flood...it was in the whole old testament that god murdered, and actually supported the genocide of millions in a fit of jealousy, even his own "people"...that is not the guiding hand of love, that is abuse plain and simple...that god is an imposter...

read your whole bible and then ignore the parts im referring to if you want but it just goes to prove that the psychology of it has fooled many into flipping their perceptions about what is acceptable...thus the gate of tyranny in the mind is wide open...

check out two websites that explain all this in detail...

thegodmurders.com...

www.usbible.com...

but i already know most people who are brainwashed will not look, this is the arrogance bred into them by their psychological conditioning...
edit on 27-4-2013 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

heres a clue...jesus taught, but he did not need a book...he travelled light, he did not walk around with a torah strapped to his back...

he was probably a lot different than what the composite of jesus became in the new testament, which was redacted and edited to fit this fear model in the old...

instead he taught, he used psychology much differently than the abusers of the old testament and the contemporary abusers of his day...the theocratic tyrants known as the sanhedrin who believed murder was ok as long as it was biblical...

he proved that you can change the world simply by being nice to folks, and you dont need a sacrifice to do that...

YAY!!!
Thanks for representing the most important thing of all regarding Jesus's teachings.
People need to realize this stuff.

Tyrants and thugs, indeed.
Applause!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

S&F. I can't help but add this, because I think it says so much, and says it so well...

Here ya go, Wild.

Well done OP. As one who spent a good portion of my life as a devout Christian. I agree with your premise.

edit on 4/27/2013 by Klassified because: Added per request.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BayesLike
Could the OP please post some academic references to back up the claims?

Yahweh was not a Canaanite god as far as I could tell searching several sites on the Web, including but not limited to Wikipedia. Quite a few indicate this lack of connection specifically suggesting that it is a frequent false claim. There appear to be a number of other "facts" and allusions in the OP's post which are at odds with the same sites (derivation of Elohim among them) which are central to the claims in the OP.

I can't make the claim that any of the sites I visited are especially academic either, but they clearly have a lot more knowledge of the topic of Canaanite gods than I do. +They generally agree with each other to a large extent, but not with the OP.

you can find it here, and then the trail and rabbit hole goes on and on...

the link of asherah to the menorah

interesting blog

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Klass, do your herd of sheep and Trevor pic again, too! That one is brilliant.

Edit: YAY!! Everyone, go back to Klass's post - meet Trevor.

edit on 27-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

i am not cursing anyone, simply exposing the imposter of the creator, who was murderous, you have been fooled...a truly all powerful creator, god of the universe does not need to prove they are all powerful, they already are...they dont need to punish, they are more wise...they do not stifle the discovery of truth, they encourage it...they do not wish evil on people, they dont kill jealously, they spread life...

fear, death and retribution are the actions of those who have no real power, and must use tyrany to achieve power over another...

in order to lord over another, one must give up free will, so to violate free will one must become a slave to their captives...

this is common sense...

the god of the old testament is not the real creator...we might as well say he is lucifer, disguised as the creator and guilty of fooling millions...he certainly fits the description...

the name lucifer, is a clue to this...it is directly linked to the illuminati... who view themselves as the illuminated, or the children of lucifer, but they are only enlightened because they keep the rest of us in the dark...that is not enlightened, that is deception...

the idea of satan, which is not really clearly defined in any one place, but a composite from several passages, is also misleading...it was the attempt to make the link between lucifer and satan while distancing the luciferians from any guilt (as is always common in the tyranny of the opressors) they come out squeaky clean but defer blame to another...

satan simply means the enemy...we can see this in common usage today in arabic shaitan...means enemy...(the great satan, or the great enemy) but the meaning has been muddied by the common usage in judaism and our language...this again points to part of the deception...to make all these labels synonymous with evil, but at the same time distance the perpetrators from any guilt they are clearly responsible for...

sound familiar?

now, does this mean these people who were deceived are bad? no, you cannot blame the deceived...they were lied to...but the deceiver can be blamed and exposed...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

S&F. I can't help but add this, because I think it says so much, and says it so well...

Here ya go, Wild.

Well done OP. As one who spent a good portion of my life as a devout Christian. I agree with your premise.

edit on 4/27/2013 by Klassified because: Added per request.

this is so telling, how the establishment works so hard to flip reality on its head...that anyone who is truly free is a slave to the enemy? the enemy of who? then enemy of deception...

they just twist it around so up is down and black is white and good is evil, all the while paying lip service to good, but being a tool of evil...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

now, does this mean these people who were deceived are bad? no, you cannot blame the deceived...they were lied to...but the deceiver can be blamed and exposed...

Just to repeat this part.
Yes. That.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

you cannot blame the deceived...they were lied to..

Yet they will fight you tooth and nail to hang onto the deception - spit curses on you, tell you you are demon-possessed and going straight to hell...

Exposing the liar is the easy part. Helping people become disabused of - and then heal from - the lies is the hard part. It's got to be done, though. They find it VERY DIFFICULT - if not impossible - to accept.
Sad state of things.

there are now developing networks of places meant just to help for the very real crisis that people, being undeceived, will face. It's painful, and terrorizing for many of them.
Recovery From Religion can help.

The primary focus of Recovering From Religion is to provide ongoing and personal support to individuals as they let go of their religious beliefs. This transitional period is an ongoing process that can result in a range of emotions, as well as a ripple effect of consequences throughout an individual’s life.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

this is commonly termed in psychology as Stockholm syndrome...and the person must be separated from the lies long enough to really see them...we cant force them into this, they have to realize it for themselves, they have to realize that enough is enough and they will no longer be abused...but we cannot violate their free will to make them see the truth...

i must add that this psychological disease is directly linked to a similar disease during drug abuse...

now religion only replaces one drug with another, but doesnt really tackle the deceptive psychology

if we look closely we can see a direct parallel between how the most successful and charismatic religious leaders treat their flocks psychologically, and how drugs and drug dealers treat their customers and minions...it is staggering how blatantly obvious it is...and if we want to go further we see the same kind of abuse is used to a much more horrific degree in the cases of mk ultra, monarch, and the franklin cover up...

its no wonder evil has the world in a death grip because the psychology is the same throughout all their institutions...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Correct. I just attended a conference over the weekend about this subject - your OP - I met several people actively working toward helping people disengage and deal with the aftermath - and networked with them...
Three of the people on the Board of Directors of Recovery from Religion were at that conference:
Nate Phelps (escapee and survivor of the WBC family),
Dr Darrel Ray (author of The God Virus: How Religion Infects Our Lives and Culture, and Jerry Dewitt, a former Pentecostal pastor:

After more than 25 years of Pentecostal ministry in his home state of Louisiana, Jerry DeWitt realized that in addition to being a devoted husband and father, as well as a friend to many…he is also a non-believer. We are proud to welcome him to the RR family, and we look forward to the many exciting possibilities his vision brings to the organization. Jerry also holds the distinction of being the first graduate of The Clergy Project, a private, invitation-only “safe house” community of current and former ministers who no longer hold the supernatural beliefs of their religious traditions.

(see the link to Recovery from Religion for more info.)

There are thousands of stories online about people who finally "woke up" to find they didn't really believe, or were otherwise disillusioned, and have walked away from religion. It's just as hard a victim of domestic violence who is still convinced their partner 'loves them.'

I was a counselor for a number of years - and helping people "deprogram" and "deconstruct" how they "bought in" to their belief systems (whatever they are) is a tricky thing.

What became of your seminary experience? How long ago was that?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

its no wonder evil has the world in a death grip because the psychology is the same throughout all their institutions...

This is so true, and so key to understanding the world that has been pulled over our eyes, if you'll forgive the Matrix reference. The psychology used permeates every aspect of our society from the top down. Get free from one bondage, and you can go right from the frying pan into the fire, if you aren't paying very close attention.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

this is so wrong,

yeah, in just about every story in the bible, after the fall of man, we see abraham, moses, etc, wandering around minding their own business, and god appears to them, like "hi, how ya doin? im god...by the way you should worship me, and here is why..." but each person has a choice (so it is said) well then why are they coerced into it? why murder people to make them repent? why threaten hell if there is a choice? and then pretend like "well im god, but after you deny me, then i there is nothing i can do to prevent you from going to hell..its out of my hands at that point" doesnt that seem a little odd? that an all powerful god is so jealous he will murder people into submission, but then hes not powerful enough to save people from destruction? its a cop out...

they do this to make it seem like it is god choosing them, to appear chosen...its a psychological trick...its the same thing as the cia coming to your house and choosing you for an important mission...then turning you into a patsy...or a gang handing you a package and telling you to carry it, not knowing what is in it, but when the cops stop you, it turns out the package had about 200 pills of dope and you go to jail for conspiracy to distribute drugs...

so what kind of a choice is that? choose or die? getting tricked into choosing? that is tyranny...that is the pattern of the world system!

and please do not bring up the sacrifice of jesus that saves the whole world...this is a celebration of murder disguised as the answer to the worlds ills...if the god of the old testament was indeed all powerful, he would not need to use a blood sacrifice to save the world...and in fact if it was the answer, then why is there still killing in his name? simple...yahweh demands blood, and the illuminati knows this, which is why they keep orchestrating wars as a sacrifice to their god...blood cults, and human sacrifice are the core of their cult and evil...dont believe it? do some real research and not just the church approved sites, books, theologians, and study guides...

im not saying follow some weird and wild mystical explanation of things, but just look at the facts...the real facts, and it is blatantly obvious...the god of the old testament and the bible as a whole is not the real McCoy, but an evil imposter that wants to be...we can call it the world system, or whatever, but it is still one and the same...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I was a counselor for a number of years - and helping people "deprogram" and "deconstruct" how they "bought in" to their belief systems (whatever they are) is a tricky thing.

A very tricky thing indeed, Wild. Occasionally, I have an opportunity to talk with someone I knew from my church days. It's like walking on eggshells, and a balancing act in one to try and broach the topic without offending them before I even get a chance to converse with them.

I've taken to just letting them ask if they want to know, and I try to give them honest, but tactful answers.

edit on 4/27/2013 by Klassified because: redacted. Off-topic.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

well it was back in 1993, i quit and joined the army, and my eyes were opened in more ways than i could imagine in the next 10 years...

i realized in many instances and incidents how much we were just pawns...one time even being used to be put in place in an area that was perfect for our ambush and death...luckily it did not turn out that way, but i saw the danger even before it was there, and even though my superiors told me to not be vigilant, i disobeyed them...and it paid off, because i was able to give them a heads up when the enemy did appear out of nowhere and just walked away with impunity...that was chilling...knowing that they were waiting for us, and me keeping an eye out most likely broke the element of surprise, so they had to go away...that woke me up in a huge way that much more was going on that what i was being told...

since then i got out, studied on my own for several years and now im just trying to reach others of the same mindset, free thinkers, and warn those that think that this evil god will save them, when in fact they are just "chosen" to be cannon fodder, or to be abused...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

good and honest post.
1- What do you mean by Bible religions. do you mean Judaism, Christianity and Islam. I think you mean all monotheistic religions or precisely lets, say Abrahamic religions.
2- trace of worshiping something (a superpower) is vivid in the history of humanity. and of course sacrificing for the so called Gods was always a manner.
3- no one can say that Bible is adequate. we all know that for example book of Isaiah was written by someone else. Bible has a long history and parts of it were lost many times because of wars and ......
4- many parts of Bible are more like a history book.

but all of these can not be a proof that Abraham was not a prophet or there is no God in this world.
concept of monotheism is purely rational. wisdom can deduces monotheism.
again sacrificing the son of Abraham (which was just symbolic and as a measure of submission in God) can not be a sign of an artificial story.
wisdom shows that there should be only one creator (God) and again there is a need for sending prophets, because prophets can prevent people from worshiping false Gods and show them the true God.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Police arrested four other members of the sect Thursday after a months-long investigation. Among them was the baby's mother, 25-year-old Natalia Guerra.

In her written court statement, she said that all sect members knew that her child "would be murdered" and that they had to obey the leader because he "was God."

www.usatoday.com...

Posted because of extreme relevance.

>Leader decided to burn the baby
>followers had to obey because leader was god
>>religion ftw
edit on 27-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

WHAT?!!!
O
M
G

A 3-day old baby thrown onto a bonfire because the "leader" thought the baby was the "anti-christ". The followers went along with it because they believed their leader "is God."

Holy cow. Horrific.
How hellish.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You didn't know about this? It's only been going on all morning...with mixed results.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You didn't know about this? It's only been going on all morning...with mixed results.

Nope! I'm not God.

Sometimes I just jump back into the ongoing threads I'm taking part in without looking much at new topics. Thanks for the link, though.
Sickening.

Lot of noise being made nowadays about this sick kind of thinking. That's good, in my opnion.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join