It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the biblical religions are dangerous?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoul
www.thehypertexts.com...
-Furthermore, the Greek word "Hades" does not mean "hell." As with Sheol, everyone went to Hades when they died: both words clearly mean "the grave."

-What does all this mean? If you believe in a loving, compassionate, wise, just God, you might conclude that "hell" has always been either an error of translation or an outright human fabrication.

Correct.

Before Jesus died, Sheol was the resting place for all spirits.

Sheol was a place of multiple planes with similar environments including the false paradises created by the fallen watchers, running parallel with this world.

However, when Jesus died all of the goodness from Sheol was removed to a new paradise in the company with Jesus Christ.

Sheol is now filled with despair, misery and sadness which explains why hell is nothing to be happy about.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

WOW, what a read OP. You did a great job in my opinion and I don't knock anyone from studying on their own to form an opinion... its nice to think freely!

I want to say this before I go any further though.... because you are so inquisitive about ancient history and or myths I invite you to go back even further before biblical characters came on the scene in order to evaluate humanity's social and psyche status to current day.

I am not disagreeing that people who fight over religious beliefs are people who love darkness and warring which is indeed dangerous. I am just inviting to you to study even further back than 3,000 BCE. You will see how humanity has evolved to current day and maybe have a different understanding than you do today.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

God is made of dark matter and dark energy.

The spirit of god is dark mater and dark energy. This is how and why we all have the holy spirit in us.

God THE FATHER was an alien, Anubis isis. They are shapeshifters but true shapeshifters. Not reptillian ones. They choose the forms of panthers and wolves.

In the bible there is a hundred references to God THE FATHER being a lion. As well as the lion of judah obviously. The reason for all this? because there are people worshiping ba'al. Ashtaroth. Which is a pleiadian not an Orionian. This war is ancient. And soon in the summer you will know the end times are here by signs of an earthquake causing yellowstone to smoke. During that same year. The tower fleets of UFOs come.

Are you guys ready for war?

And now, the 4 horsemen (arch angels)

edit on 27-4-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

What an incredible thread! Thank you very much. You've explained your view so well, that even I understand it! LOL

I am an outspoken atheist. I was raised in a very intensely biblically religious family and I moved away from it when I became an adult and began to think more for myself, and realized how utterly opposed the teaching of modern-day religion is from how I think we should treat each other. It seemed my only option was to chuck the whole thing: the bible, the god, the church, the dogma, and move on. I never could find any fault with Jesus, though.
Not that I think he was infallible, but I believe he existed and was a great and loving teacher.

I've always suspected in the back of my mind that there's something more than the world we experience with our 5 senses. There's some kind of intelligence (love, energy?) that bonds us all together in humanity. But I have always been very clear that it has nothing to do with "god" because the only "god" I know is the biblical God, and that's not someone I want to be associated with. At all. And that is why I say I'm an atheist.

I have heard people talk about a singular creator, the "Source", the One, etc... All of those just seemed like aliases for the god that I had left behind. I am stubborn, if nothing else, and I have always refused to allow the possibility of some other scenario, with a different entity altogether as the "source".
Because we simply cannot know. And for that reason, I don't think I could ever convince myself to "believe" in a particular scenario, because I don't know what happened "in the beginning" or who god is (or IF he is), or where we came from or what is desired of me by this entity that may or may not exist. I don't think there's any possible way for us to know at this time and I certainly can't find it in the bible or any other texts by man.

All I can do is what I know is right. Love my neighbor, do the right thing, and live a life I can be proud of. If there is a god somewhere, I think that's probably what he desires of me. And since that's what I desire for myself, that works out.

Thanks again for a great thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Originally posted by NoSoul
www.thehypertexts.com...
-Furthermore, the Greek word "Hades" does not mean "hell." As with Sheol, everyone went to Hades when they died: both words clearly mean "the grave."

-What does all this mean? If you believe in a loving, compassionate, wise, just God, you might conclude that "hell" has always been either an error of translation or an outright human fabrication.

Correct.

Before Jesus died, Sheol was the resting place for all spirits.

Sheol was a place of multiple planes with similar environments including the false paradises created by the fallen watchers, running parallel with this world.

However, when Jesus died all of the goodness from Sheol was removed to a new paradise in the company with Jesus Christ.

Sheol is now filled with despair, misery and sadness which explains why hell is nothing to be happy about.

Where do you get all this stuff from. It's like the roswell story for the ufo groupies, the longer it goes the more crash sites "appear" and the longer religion goes, the more stuff is added to the story like the stuff you have put in your post, the idea that people will lift up to heaven before the final days, the idea that mary was one of the kool set so now people can pray to her. The only good stuff (and by good, I mean that there is something scholars can get their hands on, it is physical) was the discovery of other texts from caves. They at least were solid hard evidence of people writing from back then. But don't get me wrong, there is no defense here of religion. It is all a good read but that, imo is all it is

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

Just asked one bloke where he got his info from so am now asking for the same with your take, where is the proof of your "interesting" take on things?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is agreat thread OP. To me, it shows a malevalent being that gets pleasure out of death and mayhem. Then as we come to the new testament and all of a sudden there is a completely different being that now is compassionate and helpful. Makes me really question if any being would be able to do such a 180 degree backflip on their previous MO and wonder why would they do so.

To me, ancient writings suggest "more than one god" or a race of beings that appeared to be godlike to primitive humans. just my take on things and once again OP thanks for a great thread

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Well, I'm not an atheist - I'm an agnostic Deist...
I study it because religiosity is a FASCINATING psychological phenomenon.
It's not up to you to decide if it's a waste of time.

The purpose is to discover the truth.

That is all great, but it is actually up to me if I feel something is a waste of time...Its my opinion, so how could it not be up to me?

One question, so you feel their are multi Gods? The OP is suggesting the Christian God is evil and his is not, so does that mean there are many?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I disagree with you entirely that without religion Mankind has "gone total retard."
Men can be evil, yes. But religion doesn't stop that. Morality does. Proper education, and systematic teaching of empathy and compassion.

Most religions are based on the fundamentals of morality. Religion has extremely strong influences because of faith and teaching of those fundamentals. Went we look at Man that either outlawed religion, just didn't have it or their religion didn't really have a moral foundation Man as done his worst.

Even simple events like Communism where religion was outlawed we saw 50 to 80 million killed in China, Russia killed 40 million all in "total retard" scenarios. Pol Pak's agenda was exceptionally heinous. Japan actually put Germany's holocaust to shame as to what they did in China during WWII.

I think my main point is Religion has always had some kind or moral path attached to it and when religion has gone wacko in the past there has always been a moral compass to correct back to, but in situations without religion there tends to be no moral compass to get back on track once a society has drifted off and it just gets really really bad.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe
Where do you get all this stuff from. It's like the roswell story for the ufo groupies, the longer it goes the more crash sites "appear" and the longer religion goes, the more stuff is added to the story like the stuff you have put in your post, the idea that people will lift up to heaven before the final days, the idea that mary was one of the kool set so now people can pray to her. The only good stuff (and by good, I mean that there is something scholars can get their hands on, it is physical) was the discovery of other texts from caves. They at least were solid hard evidence of people writing from back then. But don't get me wrong, there is no defense here of religion. It is all a good read but that, imo is all it is

Ya I love these stories too, they are told as if fact, I too would love to see the source for these theories.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1

Originally posted by BayesLike
Could the OP please post some academic references to back up the claims?

Yahweh was not a Canaanite god as far as I could tell searching several sites on the Web, including but not limited to Wikipedia. Quite a few indicate this lack of connection specifically suggesting that it is a frequent false claim. There appear to be a number of other "facts" and allusions in the OP's post which are at odds with the same sites (derivation of Elohim among them) which are central to the claims in the OP.

I can't make the claim that any of the sites I visited are especially academic either, but they clearly have a lot more knowledge of the topic of Canaanite gods than I do. +They generally agree with each other to a large extent, but not with the OP.

you can find it here, and then the trail and rabbit hole goes on and on...

the link of asherah to the menorah

interesting blog

From a similar source, and many others that agree with it:
Yahweh may exist as an ending of some Amorite male names,[14] though the only Canaanite mention of Yahweh, found on the Mesha Stele, refers to the god of Israel contrasted with Chemosh.[15]

Yahwey not Cannanite god

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe

Just asked one bloke where he got his info from so am now asking for the same with your take, where is the proof of your "interesting" take on things?

i made a thread www.abovetopsecret.com... Feel free to check through all the information i have gathered together.

Where do i get my knowledge from? Well im an alien contact specifically for Orion. And they are not the pleiadians as the star seeds try to claim that humans are in all these random sectors is simply not true.

The pleiades is the feathered serpent. I have plenty of info in that thread so enjoy.

I have seen Yahweh, and i know the truth of the matter. The lions will be victorious.

edit on 27-4-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

YHVH is much more than just a transposition of the Canaanite Il, or El.

YHVH is a composite-god, created over time, depending on where the Hebrew people had wandered to, or were imprisoned. Specifically, YHVH is a mixture of Enlil from Sumeria, Marduk from Babylonia, and Il from Ugaritic mythology.

Many of the myths found in the Bible, like the Garden of Eden, the Deluge, and the concept of a single Underworld where both good and bad souls go, can all be found in Sumeria and Babylonia.

The Sumerians were a non-Semitic people who lived in modern-day southern Iraq and created a culturally stunning mythology, system of writing, and much, much more. The Akkadian-Babylonians, however, were Semitic and not of the same origin as the Sumerians. They occupied mostly northern Iraq, and the Levant.

When the Akkadian-Babylonians conquered the Sumerians, instead of discarding their entire culture, they transposed Sumerian mythology over their own. Which is why the state-god Marduk absorbed the functions of Enlil, why the mortal-hero Gilgamesh appears in both cultures, and a variety of other overlaps, including deities like Inanna becoming Ishtar, or Enki becoming Ea.

With the advent of the Babylonian captivity, the Hebrews became extremely familiar with Akkadian-Babylonian mythology, which was nothing more than repackaged Sumerian mythology. This is why the Bible features heavy parallels with Akkadian-Babylonian mythology. Only, instead of Enlil and the other Anunnaki, or Marduk (the Babylonian state-god), the actions were now handed down to YHVH.

When the Persians conquered Babylon, they freed the Hebrews, an act of good faith, since the Persians actually believed in gaining the favor of conquered lands, instead of just subjugating them. This allowed the Hebrews to return north, toward Israel, where they encountered the Phoenicians, Canaanites, and other tribes, as well as the Hittite/Hurrian cultures of Anatolia (modern-day Turkey).

The remainder of YHVH's qualities were borrowed from local tribal figures like Ba'al, or Teshub, whom YHVH and the Hebrew's conquered, and absorbed. This is why the Bible features "direct" confrontation between YHVH and Ba'al, and other mentions of "demons" like Asherah and Astarte being subjugated and conquered. It was all metaphorical, representing the Hebrew's domination of the tribes, and then the subsequent absorption of the supreme-god of the tribe.

YHVH is a composite-god, composed of the qualities and mythologies of every culture whom the nomadic Hebrew's were exposed to during their various wanderings.

There's also a wonderfully comprehensive website right here that covers in great detail the synthetic nature of Judaism, Christianity, and even Islam. I'd recommend any recovering-Christian explore it. I'd recommend any current-Christian do the same, but they often refuse to open their mind to any extra-Biblical information.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Thanks for your wonderful comment, ATS has many informed and open individuals.

Yes Yahweh is a composite god, but Really is an entity. As as for the metaphors, they are not exactly metaphors lol.

I believe that those were real encounters. As i have seen the shapeshifting black dogs and panthers myself associated with Anubis and Isis I can tell you all that those egpytian gods are not based simply on metaphor but somewhat very real things.

Same goes with the guardians the egyptians have that can devour souls. Goes along the lines with Jesus condemning people to * hell * And with the bibles mention of purgatory and what not. The bible is pretty accurate, Read the old testament as it gives you a better idea of *god*

WE know that the bible claims that our creator is made of the essence of all things. This is true, and not an arrogant statement. As Yahweh is made of dark matter and dark energy. He/she is made of that very essence.

The bible calls this THE SPIRIT OF GOD. They make a very seperate disinction. As the FATHER is made of THE SPIRIT OF GOD. This is all very accurate and non arrogant. As the the scriptures are just trying to explain. That Darkness is the essence of everything which it is. All suns and planets come from processes where dark matter and dark energy pools to create matter.

Something from nothing. The bible clearly stated this. This is not a metaphor this is quite literal.
Creating the stars. NOT CREATING THE UNIVERSE these concepts are CONSTANTLY mixed up.
People say universe when they mean galaxy. So yes our creators did create the stars... here. Not every star. Sure he/she (Isis) painted the heavens. But did not paint the universe.

The bible also makes references to reincarnation. So best thing to do is ignore priests because they try to say everything in that book is a metaphor. When you are born again, you are dipped in water as if coming out of the womb again. Reincarnation is when people are REBORN through the holy spirit. There is 3 seperate instances of rebirth.

One, The virgin birth. Which is every child born is pure and innocient. Through Isis ( dark matter dark energy) or *the virgin mother marry* Which is just Isis. A man may be born again through the holy spirit.

The other mention of this is baptism. Which Should really reprisent jumping into the eternal flame within darkness. And joining the spirit of *god*. This is all quite literal and can be explained with science rather than just pure sprituality.

This is where the truth comes in, where the truth of God is revealed and sounds sweet and plesent to both christians and athiests alike. People can lie in purgatory, BUT WILL NOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN TILL THE SON OF MAN HAS RISEN. This does not say that people are not reborn during this. The bible makes multipul reference to rebirth. So ignore your priests as they clearly do not understand the concepts of heaven and hell.

Heaven on earth, ON EARTH. No one is going to die and accend to some afterlife. The after life is where you dwell with the holy spirit ( dark matter dark energy) It is BOTH in the kingdom of heaven and in death.

The kingdom of heaven is a physical place here on earth, And that is why it is said you LIVE IN the kingdom of heaven not LIVE OF the kingdom of heaven. Hell is when souls are devoured by the god eaters. Not given permission to continue the path of eternal life with Osiris. Because any being who *accends* and merges with the spirit of god, is able to convert the physical matter, into dark matter and energy. Meaning you can break down someones consiousness into its basic elements and absorb it. ( they are no more but are absorbed)

The egyptian gods have these abilities. The second mention of hell, is with lucifer satan. He takes you away from this planet. To far for you to reincarnate here. you are trapped on what ever planet they take you. Tetaris i believe was the name.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

im glad you fleshed it out better...sometimes i admit i get lazy and dont feel like typing much any more...im doing more reading now than writing...but it also helps prove my case that Yahweh was a Canaanite god...he is found on Canaanite inscriptions before the Hebrews would have even been exposed to the religion in its Canaanite form...

and the reason they destroyed any idols to him or texts to make the connection is because he was also linked to Baal loosely... sometimes they were credited with the same things, or even interchangeable as many of the ancient gods were, not only in Canaan...but then later Baal became a rival...

there have been statues that archaeologists claim to be Yahweh, but could also have been Baal, that have a male figure with his erect penis in his hand anointing it with oil...and with an obvious smile on his face...

kinda gives a new perspective on "anointing the head with oil"...but most Christians would be aghast at the idea this could be the origins of this practice that was later changed to a more pg rating...

it just boggles my mind that people refuse to look at the evidence from back then that was extra-biblical...

edit on 27-4-2013 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

WOW, what a read OP. You did a great job in my opinion and I don't knock anyone from studying on their own to form an opinion... its nice to think freely!

I want to say this before I go any further though.... because you are so inquisitive about ancient history and or myths I invite you to go back even further before biblical characters came on the scene in order to evaluate humanity's social and psyche status to current day.

I am not disagreeing that people who fight over religious beliefs are people who love darkness and warring which is indeed dangerous. I am just inviting to you to study even further back than 3,000 BCE. You will see how humanity has evolved to current day and maybe have a different understanding than you do today.

i already have...but the reason why this is my focus, and why it is so important, is because the majority of the abrahamic believers do not realize they are in danger...they dont know how manipulated they are...and it just so happens the religion they follow is based off of the bronze age...

as far as going back further...by far, i think it would be a mistake to discount the earlier archaeological record, or the vedic texts...which are some of the oldest writings in the world, and depict a civilization that rivals our own in both technology and philosophy...yet they too were trapped by the deception of religion...they too waged war on each other for petty reasons, and it almost cost the whole world...

we are at that point again in human history, it is repeating itself...so i think it is very relevant to focus on the last 3000 years, because this has influenced the minds of the people behind the powers that are most capable of destroying humanity...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

i disagree, in the cases you mentioned, even though they did not claim a religion, or outright banned them, the ideologies themselves have all the earmarks of a religion, a religion of the state or a dictator...the same intolerance is pushed by both the religious tyrant, and the atheist tyrant...it is a case of authority worship, of a violation of free will, they just have different masks on...but both seek the same ends... the domination of others through the violation of human rights and free will...

so its not a case of which religion is correct...it is a case of what morality is correct...what least violates free will of the individual without violating another's free will...that is the question...and it was best answered by the minds that contributed to the ideas of the American revolution, and the ideas of personal sovereignty...and that is not a religion, it is a morality, and many of these men who promoted it had moral compass without the organized religions that were all around them...

in the ancient days they would have been referred to as righteous men, but not necessarily godly or even labeled by a religion...now religions may have adopted them as characters in their stories, or claimed they were a part of their organized religion, or patriarchs, but this is more than likely wishful thinking, and just a case of adoption-ism...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Well, I'm not an atheist - I'm an agnostic Deist...
I study it because religiosity is a FASCINATING psychological phenomenon.
It's not up to you to decide if it's a waste of time.

The purpose is to discover the truth.

That is all great, but it is actually up to me if I feel something is a waste of time...Its my opinion, so how could it not be up to me?

One question, so you feel their are multi Gods? The OP is suggesting the Christian God is evil and his is not, so does that mean there are many?

no i do not believe that there is many gods, in the sense of the creator of the universe, the spiritual energy behind all life...there is one source, now what that source is i do not pretend to know, and im still trying to find out myself everything about it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist...i just dont know enough yet...

the many gods could be the human personification of things they could not understand that now have scientific explanations, or they could be beings that were mistaken for gods...

but now in religion they are just the attempt to express what their founders thought that spiritual energy should look like...not necessarily all correct or incorrect, but there are many things about these ideologies that are harmful...mainly the psychological abuse that they promote...

i do not think my view of a creator is the only plausible one, but it makes sense to me...

now, as far as a waste of time, it may be to you, but that doesn't mean you get to tell anyone else that it is a waste of time for them...whatever they want to learn is up to them...if it doesn't interest you, there are other things to do...
edit on 27-4-2013 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You're criss-crossing theology, philosophy, and fantasy in ways which I don't really bother delving into. Dark matter is not fully understood by physicists, or physics in general. So, no offense, but I am going to have to shelve your supposed claims concerning it until you present a scientific paper outlining your theories, and they are accepted by physicists.

Instead, it is much more plausible to assume that the deification of Venus, as the Queen of Heaven, was adopted and adapted from Sumer, north and west into Babylon and Egypt, north into the Levant and Anatolia, and then west to Crete, Greece, and so on, into Europe with the Norse and Celts.

The Queen of Heaven is an archetype, and an archetype is an idea which resonates in the subconscious of the human being, manifesting through the psyche as personality traits. This would plausibly explain why Inanna, Isis, Ishtar, Astarte/Ashtoreth, Anat, Shaushka, Qadesh, Aphrodite, and Freyja share so many qualities, mythologies, rites, and worship techniques.

Archetypes are ideas, and ideas are extremely hard to kill. Removing the followers—conquering the Sumerians, defeating the Babylonians, killing the Canaanites, subjugating the Egyptians—doesn't necessarily destroy the ideals or ideology which the worshiped archetypes represented.

Archetypes only continue to grow, just as mythology only continues to evolve. Religion is a cycle of continuous growth. Not a star-seeded concept. No aliens, no dark matter. Nothing quite so external. Faith, belief, spirituality, they're all internal, intrapersonal ideologies. They help us better understand ourselves, not because they come from some other planet, Universe, or dimension; but because they bring our psyche, our subconscious, and our internal emotions to the surface where we can bask in them.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Ba'al was the son of Il. He came to the throne when Il's other son, Yamm, asked for the right to be the supreme-god. Il told Yamm he could be, but only if he could subjugate Ba'al. In turn, Ba'al chose Anat (the Queen of Heaven) as his consort and trained. He defeated the serpent Lotan, overthrew Yamm, and usurped the throne from Il.

Since Il was a facet of YHVH, it makes sense why YHVH has his followers challenge the Baalites in the Bible, and supposedly "defeat" them. It was Il-YHVH's way of keeping face. If he "defeated" Ba'al, and absorbed his lands and cult, then history should forget that a good majority of YHVH's qualities and mythology comes from Il and his son, Ba'al.

And it would have worked too, except that archetypes are danged hard to destroy. So, even though the Hebrew's defeated the Canaanites, their ideologies, and culture survived as archaeological ruins, which were later excavated, deciphered, and translated.

So, now the whole world could know all about the history of syncretism which Judaism and Christianity are... if only they were willing to look outside of their Torah or Bible.

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join