It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spirit of Deception, Ego, and Narcissism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I have been observing a spirit of deceit alive in everyone. I also observe a spirit of ego and narcissism. This spirit is like a thick cloud of the people of America. People hold themselves over others and treat people they see as below them with deceit. They lie, bully, and abuse those they deem less then them while observing themselves as righteous for doing so. I see this everywhere. I may even unknowingly do this to.

I dont know why this, but i see and know that it is. I dont have any solutions other then practicing self awareness and promoting aware within others as well.

What do we do, those of us who are aware? How do we continue to be apart of this social paradigm while remaining true to ourselves? Do i, or we be confrontational, or do we accept this as apart of reality and hope for eventual change or evolution?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

It doesn't have to be a reality unless you wish it to be... Think of every person you meet as your equal... That includes the homeless man on the corner... The bitchy lady you see in the line ahead of you... And everyone else you happen to come across in your day to day life..

Do not judge others... Because we have no idea what kind of hell that person has lived through to make them the way they are or act...

Give to everyone you can without wanting anything in return...

Jesus covered all these things my friend...

edit on 26-4-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Learning to deal with others who exist in this way you describe has huge character building potential for those who see it for what is is. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. I moved to Long Island New York a few years ago. I have a couple of key people that I deal with here on a regular basis that are just the way you describe.

It takes patience, lot's of it. Self control comes to mind, and picking your words very carefully when interacting... It has taught me a lot. I think that it is of the worst, most disrespectful of things to use and step on others for your own benefit. There is a lot of definition behind the word 'courtesy' think about it.

It is possible I think to become absorbed into that way of being, but just stay aware and try and think about how your actions affect others.

good luck with it...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The deception is certainly manifest in our TV ads and banking system and voting/gov't. But there are also many good people who seek to live Just-Lives, treating everyone with the consideration and courtesy they deserve. You can find them, and you need to find them.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

I think our government and financial system is the macro-cosmic reflection of the spirit that envelopes the American social construct.

As the social paradigm of our country degrades we can clearly see its reflection on a cosmic scale with the rest of the way things are going. The corruption in our local, state, and federal governments, the financial sector, banking, everything, it reflects what people at the most microscopic level are thinking, what they are willing to put up with, and what they are doing and essentially who they are.

As above so below.
edit on 26-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Just live realizing that it is just the way humans are. Even Freud knew humans were the only species on the face of the Earth that can take pleasure in hurting and killing their own kind. He thought that humanity on scale needed to be controlled because we were savages.

Things haven't changed much and the way it looks, it isn't gonna change anytime soon. Probably would take an evolutionary shift... but the only thing I can think of for our evolutionary shift would probably be smaller fingers to type on keypads coupled with a smaller brain because we won't have much use for this thing called speech.

Yea... I would hope that nature wouldn't waste a big evolutionary shift on something like that but the way things are going...

Anyway... yea.. humanity is wide spectrum for sure...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

"What do we do, those of us who are aware? How do we continue to be apart of this social paradigm while remaining true to ourselves? Do i, or we be confrontational, or do we accept this as apart of reality and hope for eventual change or evolution?"

There are so many who kgnow. What are we to do? We are to love, share, care, help, clean, and build a balanced inner and outer world. Peace, love, and altruism, for the sake of peace, built on a foundation of love. There are so many of us. Our efforts, if put forth, shall be a significant example and light unto others.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others remains, and is immortal."
- Albert Pike

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You love people despite these things.

You see, we are taught from birth to be liars - to deny the inherent truths of self in favor of religion, beauty, wealth, and power. This is the world most people exist in because it is the only world they can see.

Have compassion, be kind, be honest, be humble and realize that They are You. Your actions will help other people in your environment to see that there is more to life than what society deems "worthy", though most people will still be too afraid to leave that comfort zone.
edit on 4/27/13 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
I have been observing a spirit of deceit alive in everyone. I also observe a spirit of ego and narcissism. This spirit is like a thick cloud of the people of America. People hold themselves over others and treat people they see as below them with deceit. They lie, bully, and abuse those they deem less then them while observing themselves as righteous for doing so. I see this everywhere. I may even unknowingly do this to.

I dont know why this, but i see and know that it is. I dont have any solutions other then practicing self awareness and promoting aware within others as well.

Most people have no idea how a dialogue can turn into a battle, or why there appears to be bullies and victims. There are many ways of approaching people - some do so in a bullying/parental way - and then it puts the recipient into a victim mode. People play games and don't realize what game they are playing.

Eric Berne wrote a book called 'Games People Play' - it is used by therapists to help understand how humans communicate. As you say yourself - you are not sure if you do it unknowingly - well, if you check out Transactional Analysis, you will be able to find out if you 'play games'. People do not generally know they are playing a game - they just don't get why they got burned again. If you read his book you will be able to avoid the 'games people play' and see the games being played.

It is amazing because you see the game and can stop the game - it is quite shocking at first but after a while you find the world change before your very eyes. It all starts to make sense and you stop getting burned. The world becomes harmonious.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Thanks for the advice im going to check it out.

new topics

top topics

join