It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My paranormal experience(ghost) in Salt Lake City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hello ATS, here is my ghost experience. Take it for what you will, I believe what happened to me was not a figment of my imagination. I believe in my heart that what I witnessed was real.
My experience goes like this. I was out in Salt Lake City this past week for work. My original hotel plans was miss booked and I had to find a new hotel. Due to conferences in the city, all the decent priced hotels were taken and I had to get creative. I figured I would try and find a hotel with a little history. A quick google search turned up the Shiloh Inn, downtown. The hotel had a sorted past and some supposed paranormal activity. Now I normally don't go out looking for this type of qualification in my hotel, but I was bored. I called up, asked about availability, and sure enough one of the two most active rooms were available.
The story behind these adjoining rooms lies in some past history. Back in the late 70's a family was in a cult and believed the father was God. The dad went up to the mountains and killed himself via the hose in the tailpipe routed to the cabin of the car. The mom took her 7 kids and threw them off of the 11th floor balcony of that hotel, rooms 1105 and 1106. She then jumped herself. All but one of the kids died, the remaining now lives somewhere in Aurora Co.
Knowing some of this history but not really having experienced any paranormal things in my life, I went into the room with some skeptisim. I took some photos with my digital camera and my cell phone, but really didn't notice anything that stood out. Maybe a flash here or a speck of dust there, nothing definitive. Disappointed, I plugged my gadgets in to recharge and went to bed.
About 30 minutes after falling asleep, my stupid email ringer went off. I had forgotten to put it on vibrate. As I went to get up to turn it off, I saw this shadow? silhouette? dark shape? of a small child. I yelled "hey" and it turned, moved about a foot and disappeared. Needless to say I was scared. I had just witnessed something I couldn't explain and didn't know what to expect next. After a few excited calls back home, I contemplated staying in the room or switching. Knowing that I had a busy day the next day and wanted to get some sleep, I switched. The manager came up and walked me to my new room on the 10th floor. We got to the new room and they keys didn't work, she said it was probably a dead battery on the new door. We went back down to the lobby to get a new room and the only one was back up on the 11th floor, other side of the hotel. The next trippy thing was on the way up in the elevator, we stopped on the 11th floor, but the door said 10.
I got my new room and besides not falling asleep until 430am, nothing eventful happened. Thats my story. I'll add some pictures and you can decide for yourself(other than the 70's decor) if you see anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by soccerinco

Cool story. Waiting for the pictures.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The first one

P4240094.JPG by soccerinco, on Flickr
edit on 26-4-2013 by soccerinco because: Adding image

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
More images

P4240095.JPG by soccerinco, on Flickr

P4240099.JPG by soccerinco, on Flickr

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This last one was taken with my cell phone

20130424_204200.jpg by soccerinco, on Flickr

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I am no expert on paranormal photography but does seem that in all your pictures there are orbs though out them. The first image could be camera flash off the thermostat but it doesn't appear in the second. All the other image show smaller fainter orbs.

Depending on what school of thought you subscribe it orbs can be actual ghosts or some sort of high EM field.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jholt5638

On the first one, if you look behind the "object" on the back wall, there is a bright spot. Almost as though the object was a lens/prism...

join