It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Bigass Moon Night!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What a Moon! I was looking for some full Moon pics on my HDD and came across a high-res image named Moon_Mosaic_80_lrg.png. Unfortunately I have no idea who was the original author or where I downloaded it from. In any case, I've sharpened it up a bit (by bit I mean almost too much but you know me lol) and uploaded it for your viewing pleasure.

Warning, it's a 20Mb download.

My sharpened version

Original file

Enjoy

edit on 25-4-2013 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I laughed at your thread title.

Let me be the first to flag you because I also noticed the " bigass" moon.

Lol

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hey I think I see ET's house from here! It's that little spot next to the big round crater near the top! I think I even see the dim outline of him waving back, as if to say 'You can't get here! Nyah Nyah!'.

Seriously OP, NICE picture. It looks so close, doesn't it? Why oh why don't we have a perm. settlement there? Oh well... For now, it's just nice to see such a crisp view. What a wonder nature is, especially outside our own world.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
dunno what time it is where you guys are, but tonight was supposed to be a penumbral lunar eclipse in some parts of the world.

...it wasn't here (Australia), but I can't remember many nights where the sky has been brighter than last night.
I went outside at about 2am, and I could see colours very clearly, which normally nights don't allow for.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Bigass? Didnt think that would be allowed on ATS

Hehe.. goes with MOON

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Looks like the harvest moon, time for fall to start again. Won't have to worry about flooding here if it goes right back into winter.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

questions guys
on the right you see the big craters right
then you see two same size craters
look at the second one, near the middle on the right edge
is that a road leading out????

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wan7ed

I got it!
Nice catch!
Thanks!

SNC

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
My wife and I both shared a laugh when I showed her the title of this thread.

I noticed how big and bright the moon is. Makes me wish I was camping for some reason.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have uploaded a more properly restored version of the image, much better in all respects compared to my hastily done initial version or the original. The download size is smaller too, coming in around 10mb. I highly recommend this download if you liked the initial or the original version. 1080p or better display is recommended for full enjoyment of the photo.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Unfortunately I have no idea who was the original author or where I downloaded it from

Mike's Astroimaging

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ah yes...I too sat outside last night and bathed in moonlight.

I don't know when we upgraded to HD moon,
but the view is spectacular.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of it...but then it started to hurt.

What the hell is up with the moon???
Sure does seem shiny...especially after a few nukes.

It was bright enough to light my pool. We didn't need any outside lights and could practically read a book by the moonlight alone. It hurt our eyes to look at the moon for too long.

Please...someone just tell me that I'm a moontard...is it just me or do others think that the moon is up to no good!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
dunno what time it is where you guys are, but tonight was supposed to be a penumbral lunar eclipse in some parts of the world.

...it wasn't here (Australia)

A timely reminder then that there will a be a solar eclipse (of the annular type) on the morning of 10th of May.

Far north queensland will be the best place to see it.

edit on 26-4-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PINGi14
What a Moon! I was looking for some full Moon pics on my HDD and came across a high-res image named Moon_Mosaic_80_lrg.png. Unfortunately I have no idea who was the original author or where I downloaded it from. In any case, I've sharpened it up a bit (by bit I mean almost too much but you know me lol) and uploaded it for your viewing pleasure.

Warning, it's a 20Mb download.

My sharpened version

Original file

Enjoy

edit on 25-4-2013 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

You are correct FAR to much sharpening the original picture is far better who else on here does things like that to Moon pictures, arianna !!! You were offline arianna was offline you appear back arianna has been back on as well on the same days!! do we really have a conspiracy there

edit on 26-4-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Unfortunately I have no idea who was the original author or where I downloaded it from

Mike's Astroimaging

TYVM!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

No conspiracy here. Shouldn't you be debunking instead of spreading conspiracy theories.

As for too much sharpening on the first version I initially posted, guilty as charged...However, I invite you to examine the second version that I uploaded this afternoon. linked right here.

I honestly thought this was some NASA photo but to find out that it was the creation of a astroimaging hobbyist..blew my mind. The original author used hundreds of digital frames each containing a small section of the Moon and then combined them using digital imaging tools. Very cleaver indeed. Puts most pros to shame.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Happy bigass moon night everyone.

Credit: Mike's Astroimaging

new topics

top topics

join