It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Postal Dude.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I was wondering if one of you were knowing this game ?

It probably is the most violent video game I ever seen.

I saw a German who was playing to this game and he had some fun while he was killing almost "everybody".

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Try GTA Vice City, from what I can tell its among the nastiest violent games this century!

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Try GTA Vice City, from what I can tell its among the nastiest violent games this century!

...yeah GTA Vice City is pretty rank...the whole concept of being able to pick up Hookers, do the deed in ya car down some dark alleyway (and thereby build up strength) complete with moaning sounds and squeaking suspension, then...as she hops out...leap out, beat her to death and get your money back from her bleeding corpse is pretty disturbing.

Still a nice drivers game though...running over pedestrians is a nice bonus...

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
GTA vice city is all-around fun, just don't forget about it when you are running missions!!

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
yes I've heard of it and also my son (14 yrs) has got it, and pretty hot with it as well.

blackwidow

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackwidow666
yes I've heard of it and also my son (14 yrs) has got it, and pretty hot with it as well.

blackwidow

What ? You let him playing this game ?

Ok, OTH, if you don't want, he'll go play to a friend home.... Damn violent games !!! It really started with Doom.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I`ve just being playing "The Getaway" great London gang warfare and driving kinda in the GTA vice city genre. Absolutely stunning stuff

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
does that game get any better than the intro stage. someone told me they didnt like it so I never played it.

VzH

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well, we are getting closer.....

The well known debate :

Do such games help to get rid of our violence or do they create violence ?

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
"does that game get any better than the intro stage. someone told me they didnt like it so I never played it."

well I think it does, if you like Cockneys, its very good, its gets quite hard though. Can`t see any reason to dislike it unless you have a short attention span, the bits between stages are just a tad on the long side

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
"Do such games help to get rid of our violence or do they create violence ? "

They are deffinetly not a way to vent aggression as that can only be done by phisical means. Such as crying, yelling, or puching bags and even lifting wieghts. I don't think I know a single person who released anger by utilizing a controller to interact with visual stimuli, in fact its done the opposite.

[Edited on 13-5-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
What ? You let him playing this game ?

Ok, OTH, if you don't want, he'll go play to a friend home.... Damn violent games !!! It really started with Doom.

Doom... ah, a classic in shoot-em-dead-before-they-shoot-you games. Nothin'll ever replace that. However... It did start a long legacy of games that have left a bitter taste in the mouth of the liberal media. That's all we ever hear about.... "Kid who played GTAVC killed his girlfriend two weeks later." gag me. People kill people, not video games.

Signing off,
HLW

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The most violent game is Postal 2

the demo is available for download.... ive tried it and its crazy.

gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk...

have fun ^^

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Some games like GTA and GTA vice city actually have a reason why your killing people (well most of the time) but postal is almost too much. Its the gorest game ever and prohably has no reason for you to kill ppl. Being a 16yr boy i am well aware of all the video games i am usually nonchalant bout the games i plaay(some i really shouldnt) but postal goes over the line even for me. I havent played it just read bout it

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What harm, has violence ever done?

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Except injury and death that is.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What harm hs violence done?
This....
www.newscientist.com...
Songs with violent lyrics increase aggressive thoughts and emotions, suggests a study in US college students.

The study contradicts a popular suggestion that music loaded with violent imagery, such as some rap and heavy metal, are cathartic in venting aggression.

Craig Anderson at Iowa State University and colleagues found that students who listened to songs with violent lyrics were more likely to make aggressive associations in subsequent psychological tests.

and this...

Watching just one hour of television a day can make a person more violent towards others, according to a 25-year study. In some circumstances, TV watching increases the risk of violence by five times. The new research indicates the effect is seen not just in children, as has been suggested before, but in adults as well.

Watch an hour of prime time TV, and you will probably witness three to five violent acts. Children's programming has even more violence, says Jeffrey Johnson, at Columbia University in New York. "Sports, news, commercials - it's everywhere," he says.

Johnson followed up over 700 families in New York state between 1975 and 2000. He found the link between aggression and TV watching was strongest for males during adolescence and for females, during early adulthood.

The associations held true even after accounting for known risk factors for aggressive behaviour. These factors included childhood neglect, growing up in a dangerous neighbourhood, low family income, low parental education and psychiatric problems. However, the type of the TV programmes watched was not recorded.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
What harm hs violence done?
This....
www.newscientist.com...
Songs with violent lyrics increase aggressive thoughts and emotions, suggests a study in US college students.

The study contradicts a popular suggestion that music loaded with violent imagery, such as some rap and heavy metal, are cathartic in venting aggression.

Craig Anderson at Iowa State University and colleagues found that students who listened to songs with violent lyrics were more likely to make aggressive associations in subsequent psychological tests.

and this...

Watching just one hour of television a day can make a person more violent towards others, according to a 25-year study. In some circumstances, TV watching increases the risk of violence by five times. The new research indicates the effect is seen not just in children, as has been suggested before, but in adults as well.

Watch an hour of prime time TV, and you will probably witness three to five violent acts. Children's programming has even more violence, says Jeffrey Johnson, at Columbia University in New York. "Sports, news, commercials - it's everywhere," he says.

Johnson followed up over 700 families in New York state between 1975 and 2000. He found the link between aggression and TV watching was strongest for males during adolescence and for females, during early adulthood.

The associations held true even after accounting for known risk factors for aggressive behaviour. These factors included childhood neglect, growing up in a dangerous neighbourhood, low family income, low parental education and psychiatric problems. However, the type of the TV programmes watched was not recorded.

It was sarcasm lol, violence creates violence, causing hurt, injury, and death

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Postal is old, it was fun you could kill marching bands and # the ending was strange, postal 2 looks great even has gary coleman! postal 1 was 3rd person postal 2 is fps!
I will buy it... Hey it's just a pixel you are killing!
I hate when people blame bad parenting on video games and music.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
yes i do let my son play those horrible games, not out of chose though, as like u said, he would only go round a mates house and play them

i have always been open and up front with my son, and would rather he come to me with a problem, than not open up at all, having teenage kids isnt easy, and im glad i have a son thats a mate as well. he's not shy about talking to me or his dad, which is what you need nowadays with kids.

blackwidow

(nice to see you back)

top topics

join