It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons to be

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

The Holy Ghost is impossible to describe. The most amazing feeling in the world. Seek it out and you will receive it, and you'll know it is way more than subconscience. Why people feel the need to explain it through science I have no clue. Because I have all of life's mysteries and my own life questions answered and I do not study science. When I pray God talks back. We have conversations all the time. That is what happens when you have undyung faith and loyalty to my Father in heaven

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer777

You just do not understand that we do not worship anyone who you call idols. It is not a debate if you keep saying that I do.

either way I do not wish to be in your egotistical debate. If you think that your religion is the right one, then good for you. I know that I am loved by God and that is all I need. I don't need to quarrel online with people I do not know about things they know nothing about and have even gained an intolerance towards.

If that is what you want to do, then I suggest you find someone who is willing to do so. But to me the argument is unprofitable and senseless.

Why would I try to explain the color red to a blind person?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wanderer777

The Holy Ghost is impossible to describe. The most amazing feeling in the world. Seek it out and you will receive it, and you'll know it is way more than subconscience. Why people feel the need to explain it through science I have no clue. Because I have all of life's mysteries and my own life questions answered and I do not study science. When I pray God talks back. We have conversations all the time. That is what happens when you have undyung faith and loyalty to my Father in heaven

I know that it is specialized uniquely designed for each individual; depending upon your soul growth progression, for some what is speaking is their higher selves, for others perhaps the ghost. I have a problem with the 'Holy' aspect of it. We live in a material world, it is only natural for humans to define the miasma/uncertainty of self/existance or incomprehensible with science and its tools, which work. Praying is a form of meditation, and all one has to do is ask for guidance or assistance in answer to very personalized questions. I have conversations as well, mine at times become the equivlent of 'verbal' knock down dragouts, perhaps because I dont couch my opinions in unrelenting march step faith proclaimations; my experience with my creator is singular to my self. So, if words have to describe it, holy ghostliness is as good as any.
edit on 27-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Yes, but I do know about Catholicism. I also DO know what I am talking about. Ask any Christian for an honest answer and opinion and they will say the same thing. Just because you have trouble accepting the fact that maybe you're wrong doesn't mean you are correct. Same as me on some subjects. But I know for a fact that I am right about this one. Good day. And seriously ask Christians their honest opinions on Catholics.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The Holy Ghost is impossible to describe. The most amazing feeling in the world. Seek it out and you will receive it, and you'll know it is way more than subconscience. Why people feel the need to explain it through science I have no clue. Because I have all of life's mysteries and my own life questions answered and I do not study science. When I pray God talks back. We have conversations all the time. That is what happens when you have undying faith and loyalty to my Father in heaven

Mystical experiences are not evidence that the Bible, it's stories and it's gods are the true "word of God". People from all walks of life and spiritual disciplines have sought and claim to have the very same experiences as yourself, but haven't interpreted them to be proof of the biblical gods.

I also have spirit guides who offer me wisdom, inspiration through visions and knowledge. I've had math and physics lessons, been shown previous lives that are intersecting with the present, and had some career guidance. But I could never attribute my experience of spiritual ecstasy or the lesson and lectures I've experienced to the Biblical God of the Old Testament or the Christian Gods.

There is no one and only, narrow path to God. No way is wrong to those who are sincere and earnest.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Honestly, I wasn't trying to say my way is right and you're all going to burn unless....

I was sharing my thoughts and personal experience. Afterall, it is my job as a Christian to share and discuss God. We love to share, because when we share we have the possibility maybe save someone. I don't try and push people into our belief I say why I belief and this is what happened. Personal accounts are the best because they are the most recent and genuine. But hey that's just me

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by Wanderer777

Yes, I agree, but when I go to church I see it as a more serious type of thing. I attend a Catholic church btw. The Eucharist is my reason for staying. The Body of God is there in that tabernacle, and I am sure it is true for other churches.

Do you know of any relations between pentecostal churches and the Catholic church. All religion bashing aside here.

Originally posted by Vethumanbeing
I know of no other individualized sacrifical churches personally. The Prot-Eestant does not eat or drink of the body of Christ. The EUCHARIST is miss identified. It really means YOU-ARE-CHRIST. That means you as a vessel are unknowingly cannibalizing Jesus and will lead to all kinds of mischiff. Your Local Bishop/ Parish priest never told you; the wafer/flesh the grapewinejuice/blood you injest is Jesus, this is macabe, sick thinking. Why would you EAT/CONSUME YOUR OWN SAVIOR?

Bart Ehrman, a distinguished professor, of Religious Studies, has cearly shown in his appraisals, of the Chrstian Gnostic texts, that the early RCC did not understand many of their teachings. This is how I see Christianity being formed; some literal interprations were correct, and some were incorrect, i.e. they were never meant to be taken literally.

Like yourself, I believe Jesus was an Essene, from Nazareth, and that the Essenes were the early forerunners of the pre-Christian Judaic Gnosticism. There are just too many similar beliefs held by the Essenes, which run parallel, with many of Jesus teachings and that of the Christian Gnostics. And added to that, there are too many similar usages of coded words, and specific key phrases used, by both the Essenes/Gnostics, and Jesus.

That aspect of Christianity (i.e. John 6:53, Matthew 26:26-28) was turned into a literal interpretation IMO, when it is really meant to be a metaphor for something else. The metaphoric and true real interpretation, is encoded within the writings of the Essenes and also in a few of the Gnostic texts. The answer can be found by anyone, if they use discernment and research the texts.

- JC

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The Eucharist is my reason for staying. The Body of God is there in that tabernacle . . .

I have a different take on it, in line with my shift in belief on the Parousia.
The Passover was what they were observing at the Last Supper.
That was supposed to protect the original participants from the angel of death that struck Egypt.
Jesus made himself the Passover for the early Christians in the face of the coming destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 AD.
The point being, it was to be something temporary, that outlived its application, where the current version practiced in churches is irrelevant but perpetuated by clerics who see it worthwhile for the use that you described, to keep attendance up.
edit on 29-4-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

It was something temporary until the point where Jesus came and sacrificed Himself for us. We are covered by the blood of Christ and will not die in spirit.

The value of blood

Read this thread if you do not understand what I mean. The seed grows within me because it is fed.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yes, but I do know about Catholicism. I also DO know what I am talking about. Ask any Christian for an honest answer and opinion and they will say the same thing. Just because you have trouble accepting the fact that maybe you're wrong doesn't mean you are correct. Same as me on some subjects. But I know for a fact that I am right about this one. Good day. And seriously ask Christians their honest opinions on Catholics.

If you do not mind I would like to display my heart to you through words. You do not have to reply. God holds my heart dear to Him and I see satisfaction in speaking His words. I know His words because He has placed them within my heart. Reading the words off my heart is the practice of my religion and opening my heart to others are the works of my religion.

It does not matter to me what other people think, and if it did and I took other peoples opinions for truth automatically I would be wrong. And to say that I do not have doubts would be lying, but if I take the solitary time to slow down and listen to my heart, Jesus speaks to me, and I am once again convinced of the ultimate spiritual reality.

But the way you think is not spiritual and I say that in truth. The way you speak you would rather justify yourself than glorify God.

God is the one God of all and He is over all, speaking to all and listening to all and I shall not fear when others claim I hurt Him because when they do so, God brings me closer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join