It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd is going on...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I wasn't quite sure where to put this but I felt here was right. I also don't know how to start this, so I'll just dive in.
I feel as though I've already lived this month. I've had the feeling of Deja Vu every day thus far, this month. I've gone to theaters to see movies, only to feel I've already seen them and go as far as to quote actual lines and actions from the movies before they happen on screen. Events I've known the outcome of, lottery tickets I knew were winners, threads on this very site I could've sworn I read months ago, it's overwhelming. It's not the strangest thing, though. On one of the aforementioned family visits I made a startling discovery, that I am unsure of the commonality of. A shared dream, between myself and 3 of my sisters. With myself and 2 of them, it is the same down to the last detail. A white van, driving out of control through a hilly neighborhood with an invisible driver. For the oldest of us, she is outside, being chased by the van, yet still the same situation. Everything I've done to delve deeper into these situation above has left me empty handed so, I turn to you, seeking any answers or assistance you may provide.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glycon
I wasn't quite sure where to put this but I felt here was right. I also don't know how to start this, so I'll just dive in.
I feel as though I've already lived this month. I've had the feeling of Deja Vu every day thus far, this month. I've gone to theaters to see movies, only to feel I've already seen them and go as far as to quote actual lines and actions from the movies before they happen on screen. Events I've known the outcome of, lottery tickets I knew were winners, threads on this very site I could've sworn I read months ago, it's overwhelming. It's not the strangest thing, though. On one of the aforementioned family visits I made a startling discovery, that I am unsure of the commonality of. A shared dream, between myself and 3 of my sisters. With myself and 2 of them, it is the same down to the last detail. A white van, driving out of control through a hilly neighborhood with an invisible driver. For the oldest of us, she is outside, being chased by the van, yet still the same situation. Everything I've done to delve deeper into these situation above has left me empty handed so, I turn to you, seeking any answers or assistance you may provide.

Thank you for your time.

How did the dream end?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Glycon

Time has been feeling weird for me too lately. It seems anything I think about happens soon after. I can't tell if I am picking up on the future and acting it out in the present or if I am changing the future.. Maybe it's a mixture.

For me dejavu has stopped in this same period however.. I usually have a lot of dejavu, but none in the last few weeks. I know exactly how that feels when you read the exact same thread you did 3 days ago, which is impossible because it's based on an article that just came out.. Or is there some time shift?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

It stopped right before a crash. For the oldest, it stopped right after she had jumped over some railing to escape the van. We all had the dream for years, from around 1993-2003 it all seemed to stop for everyone when I had stepped up in the dream and climbed to the driver's seat and after struggling with the unseen driver, took control of the vehicle. For my older sister's it started a few weeks before my birth, my earliest memory of it is at around 3 years old or so, my younger sister claims it started for her around 3 or 4 years and we would all have the dream at least once a week. What makes the situation stranger is that my the two older sisters who had it lived in Chicago whereas me and my younger sister lived in Oklahoma.
edit on 4/24/2013 by Glycon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I read somewhere that deja vu is what we get when we are on the correct path in life.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It stopped right before a crash. For the oldest, it stopped right after she had jumped over some railing to escape the van. We all had the dream for years, from around 1993-2003 it all seemed to stop for everyone when I had stepped up in the dream and climbed to the driver's seat and after struggling with the unseen driver, took control of the vehicle. For my older sister's it started a few weeks before my birth, my earliest memory of it is at around 3 years old or so, my younger sister claims it started for her around 3 or 4 years and we would all have the dream at least once a week. What makes the situation stranger is that my the two older sisters who had it lived in Chicago whereas me and my younger sister lived in Oklahoma.
edit on 4/24/2013 by Glycon because: (no reason given)

I will not state my belief on the this matter either way, but, my aunt would always tell me a story of how she would dream about her and her son in a past life together. Apparently both would have this recurring dream where they were in a field, next to a cabin, and hearing gunfire and explosives in the distance. She always claimed it was from a past life where they were husband and wife, weird I know. So maybe it was from a past?

Was the van a modern model? Older, outdated?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I'm unsure of the model, as I only saw it from the inside. The seats were standard but there was bare flooring, none of that carpet that is normally inside vehicles. Two bench seats in the back and a separator arm between the front seats. Small dashboard. I've tried dream recall to see if I could see details I missed when younger but it always ends in a sever migraine and dizziness.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

lottery tickets I knew were winners
You got my attention

Deja vu is nice, but rare for me, so i can only say, enjoy it and take notes.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

It's odd, it's like I knew exactly which scratch offs were winners. They'd look at me weird when I'd ask for the third on back and after scratching it win hundreds of dollars, right in front of them. I've never bought one unless I've had that feeling and I've won on everyone I have.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I'm unsure of the model, as I only saw it from the inside. The seats were standard but there was bare flooring, none of that carpet that is normally inside vehicles. Two bench seats in the back and a separator arm between the front seats. Small dashboard. I've tried dream recall to see if I could see details I missed when younger but it always ends in a sever migraine and dizziness.

Interior modern colors? Style? I know it may be difficult, but usually just the interior of a car can tell you what era it's from. You would be surprised by the differences in models. You could go on google and type in various years of vans and see if you can match an interior.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Glycon

Also, can you remember if it had sliding doors like a mini-van, or doors that swing open, similar to an older van.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

'98 Dodge Caravan. Something feels right about that model.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

'98 Dodge Caravan. Something feels right about that model.

So not in the past. Hmmm weird it didn't have carpet in it, that sounds more for work/utility, but it wouldn't have the seats in it.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The strange thing in my mind is that my sisters had the dream before I was born, which was in 1993. The whole situation is odd. I sent a picture of the '98 to my sister who's dream was being chased by the van and she agrees that it looks exactly like the one she saw despite the fact it didn't exist for another 5 years after the dream began.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
In reference to your feeling of Deja Vu-

This has been occurring frequently for me as well. I'll be thinking of a subject- Person, Place, Thing or Idea... and then shortly thereafter(nearly immediately in some instances) that subject will be manifest itself either on TV, Radio, Internet or in my direct interactions with others.

The entire concept lends itself to the feeling of having 'lived through it previously' ... or a predictive awareness of what's to come. It can be as much unsettling as it can be amusing or even enjoyable.

What's more, there seems to be an ever growing increase in the number of individuals experiencing some degree of this concept.

Thanks for posting this OP. Indeed "something odd is going on" - I think the collective consciousness/awareness is growing.

"There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear..."

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Thought the preceding comments would have facilitated a more active discussion.
Anyone?

The month of April does seem to be filled with an inordinate number of uncanny, deja vu like, events.

I don't have the exact numbers to compare but after going through the 'Dreams and Predictions' forum-
it appears there are more threads this month than last month.

Would be interesting to see the exact number of threads posted within this category as compared to months and years past.

Mods do you have that info?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yeah, I've had plenty dreams in vehicles with no drivers...

I always seem to teleport away from the wreck.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm glad I found this thread. Because the deja vu has been pretty crazy for me lately. Really I've been getting a lot the past year or so, but this month in particular has been exceptionally weird.
I have no answers.

This has been occurring frequently for me as well. I'll be thinking of a subject- Person, Place, Thing or Idea... and then shortly thereafter(nearly immediately in some instances) that subject will be manifest itself either on TV, Radio, Internet or in my direct interactions with others.

That always gets me.

Is anyone getting deja vu from this thread? The reason I ask is because I'm NOT at all. And when practically everything else IS giving me deja vu, this definitely sticks out.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by topdog81
In reference to your feeling of Deja Vu-

The entire concept lends itself to the feeling of having 'lived through it previously' ... or a predictive awareness of what's to come. It can be as much unsettling as it can be amusing or even enjoyable.

What's more, there seems to be an ever growing increase in the number of individuals experiencing some degree of this concept.

Thanks for posting this OP. Indeed "something odd is going on" - I think the collective consciousness/awareness is growing.

"There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear..."

Thanks to the OP for opening that interesting thread, and thank you topdog81 for your post above! What you described: "I'll be thinking of a subject- Person, Place, Thing or Idea... and then shortly thereafter(nearly immediately in some instances) that subject will be manifest itself either on TV, Radio, Internet or in my direct interactions with others." - that's exactly what I'm experiencing myself!

And you're right - from what I've learned, there are indeed more and more people experiencing that phenomenon.

And that phenomenon is called Synchronicity

And because I was so baffled by the nature and the increasing frequency of those synchronicities, I started to write them down. Recently I stopped doing that, because now they often happen not just on a daily basis, but several times per day.

But I only notice them, when I'm balanced; when my mind is open and aware. Under stress I'm not able to notice them.

I like what superman2012 wrote: "that deja vu is what we get when we are on the correct path in life."

Because - for me - those synchronicities often seem like milestones, as if there's someone calling "this way, come this way". In fact, it's more like a whisper. A benevolent one, with sometimes a very humorous undertone.

Hm, not just sometimes. Very often.

Of course those synchronicities brought back my faith in that there's something, that is bigger than that cruel machine our world has become.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Your story reminds me of the movie 'groundhog day', where the main character relives the same day over and over again until he gets it right.
Maybe you all have some vague memory of what has yet to come and you are given a chance to figure out how to deal with it.
I know it's far fetched, but it's another angle to concider that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Also, I remember seeing a youtube video in which some guy gives an explantion of déjà-vu.
I can't find it at the moment, but when I do I'll post it here.

Edit: here it is

edit on 28-4-2013 by z00mster because: Added link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join