It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dreaded lurgy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I am over it. Really over it.

This could be seen as a rant and perhaps it is but it is a medical issue and one that is so misunderstood and stigmatised. PTSD.

How dare anyone look down their nose at the homeless guy! Who is that guy? Well, he was a Fireman/Soldier who saved someone's ass and saw things that you could not or would not want to ever see... and now... he has lost his job, his esteem and is considered 'one of those' with the PTSD lurgy. I am pretty sure, the Fireman/Soldier would like his former life back.

How dare anyone look down at the woman who is now living a questionable life! Who is that woman? Well, that woman worked at Australia Post and a loser held the post office up and she had a gun held to her head whilst she put the money in the bag. She lost her Husband, her Son and her life is in ruins. I am pretty sure, the Teller would like her life back too.

And what about the Soldiers who keep you safe so you can sleep at night?

Gillard contronted by Soldier with PTSD
"Now what is your plan... for the return guys that are coming with those problems? Because they are going to come back and things are going to be different for them."

They risk their lives and return home and there is no support; imo anyone who doesn't cope is 'held in contempt'... like oh we have one that can't cope with reality [sic] and that makes me furious!! %$#@

What about the Emergency workers? Ambo's, Police, Doctors and Nurses?
It is so terrible that these People are helping others, then when their brain hits 'maximum threshold' and breaks down... and they cannot do 'the job' anymore...and end up on welfare and faced with not only the loss of their former life but the stigma of the dreaded lurgy.

Where is the respect and appreciation?

PTSD is a huge issue and it can affect People from all walks of life. If it strikes you down...I hope society treats you kindly. Attitudes need to change...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

This could be seen as a rant..... and perhaps it is .....How dare anyone look down at the woman who is now living a questionable life! Who is that woman? Well, that woman worked at Australia Post and a loser held the post office up and she had a gun held to her head whilst she put the money in the bag. She lost her Husband, her Son and her life is in ruins. I am pretty sure, the Teller would like her life back too.....

Why did she lose her husband and her son and her life is in ruins? Why do others have something similar happen and choose not to let is get to them?

Is this 'lurgy' something that affects two people of similar background and one succeeds and one fails? No - it's usually choices. We choose to rise above, or fall beneath.

It is not a 'lurgy' is a choice.
edit on 24-4-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

your reply illustrates the point I made. Why is it that some can cope and others do not?
Those that don't are stigmatised.

shame.

PTSD is not a choice.
edit on 24-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: add

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
Why did she lose her husband and her son and her life is in ruins? Why do others have something similar happen and choose not to let is get to them?

because when it happened...good ole Aussie Post did not have any procedures in place to help her!!!!

fact. Oh now they do, but they didn't when she had a gun held to her head. And what happened to her life?
train wreck.

Soldiers returning from Afghanistan shell shocked - Gillard Govt concerned

edit on 24-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: add url

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
There was an interesting study that indicated that people who experienced/suffered trauma of some variety in childhood are more susceptible to PTSD as adults...double tragic.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Mate, September is not far away. So you still have time to make some noise where it will be heard.

It's all about the policies. Oh! and popularity.

Spin it, make it about you.

top topics

join