It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Principles of Spiritual Hedonism ( How to have Optimal Happiness)...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
1) Awareness

People like to identify with the thoughts in their awareness. If people understand themselves to be awareness rather than the thoughts within the awareness, then this will allow the freedom to give more focus to happy thoughts and to let go of unnecessary stressful thoughts.

2) Forgiveness

Forgiveness is about letting go of the past. A person who does not live in the past does not need to forgive because they would not be holding on to the memories of how someone offended them. True forgiveness is letting go of the stressful memory of a person's offenses, this will allow oneself to create the space for happier memories.

3) Compassion

Compassion is about making an unhappy person happy. It is easier to be happy when a person is surrounded by happy people rather than unhappy people. If a person does not try to purposefully make another unhappy, then stressful conflicts can be avoided.

4) Urge

When the intention is to be happy, the urge is to act on happiness. Happiness is the result of following true nature. Suffering is the result of not following true nature. It is nature to be happy , and it is not nature for a person to allow themselves to suffer unnecessary pain.

Awareness, Forgiveness, Compassion, Urge...

Ask yourself "What do I want to do now? What is my URGE at the moment? (Obviously dismiss the ones that feel like hate, anger, or any other negative emotion - and focus on your HAPPY, FUN urge)

NOTE: There is a reason I said "unnecessary pain" and "unnecessary stressful thoughts". I know that sometimes there are situations at hand in which the brain needs to think stressful thoughts to solve the problem at hand. I also realize that sometimes a person will go through pain for family or friends, this is why I am saying "UNNECESSARY".

edit on 24-4-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

A very interesting idea for discussion. I'm having a little trouble with two things, though, and I'd appreciate a further explanation.

Happiness is the result of following true nature. Suffering is the result of not following true nature. It is nature to be happy , and it is not nature for a person to allow themselves to suffer unnecessary pain.
The "unnecessary" part confuses me. Much suffering is unexpected. Accidental death, illness (physical and mental), crime, etc. How does someone say, "I have cancer at age 35 because I didn't follow true nature?"

My second question concerns:

Ask yourself "What do I want to do now? What is my URGE at the moment? (Obviously dismiss the ones that feel like hate, anger, or any other negative emotion - and focus on your HAPPY, FUN urge)
There are people who might have urges to gamble, have promiscuous sex (although I suppose that can be fun), or give way to negative emotions they happen to believe are fun. As an example, there was a story on ATS a while back about a woman who was arrested for blowing up toilet seats with a shotgun. They were outdoors and safe for all, she enjoyed doing it. Negative emotion? I don't know.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
1 feels you are touching on some important factors to allow some to resonate on more constant positive levels arpgme.

It seems that to maintain or keep a happy outlook some also have to be Considerate of others, as they accept themselves to be actual awareness why acknowledging others who may not be aware but are = as relevant. And by doing so it can cause for a want to see others achieve similar happiness levels, which internally may support an even larger positive based influence somewhat.

This is why for 1 arpgme Happiness is something that the more aware some or 1 can become it happiness may be strengthened or weakened (or even evaluated for what it is) depending on how alert some or 1 is of others who may not be happy that if not aware would not have thought of them or been able to consider them due to not being aware of them or their not happiness times.

EX. as a CREATOR Creation EA*RTH current based being 1 cannot fully feel happy knowing or being aware of the FACT that there are Children and very good adults trapped in 3rd world or poor 1st world conditions. How can 1 be fully happy knowing they are starving or even worst. Yes its tied into external conditions affecting 1 and not allowing internal drive to keep 1 happy but arpgme .. 1 is aware of them.

I know this seems odd for its like 1 cannot personally fully experience the full potentials of absolute happiness w/o being aware that others are not as well or are even in sadness situations that 1 is aware of but it is how 1 is designed. So please bare with.

This is why 1 adds Consideration as a possible assist to optimal happiness...

I guess when considering as much as 1 can consciously as 1 does deep think from time to time and then evaluating all deeds potentially done to some and 1 and the WILL to be forgiving, it does assist in the WHOLE overall happiness increase to forgive as the need to dwell on vengeance or hate for deeds done can hold some or 1 back and even cause constant sadness causing conflicts or even unknown ENERGY cycles returns etc. So forgiveness works it just has many associated interest that hopefully are appreciated for forgiving and accepted that things were done but if those who did them recognize they were sadness generating on others then then acceptance should be granted by those forgiving as well. Logic. This further ties into being considerate as well.

It seems 1 urge is related to balance for some reason and it seems if the balance allows for ALL sides to be happy if possible here- there or elsewhere then for 1 optimal happiness would be reached.

This does not mean that since these levels of PEACE, (which also 1 feels is an important factor to optimal happiness), cannot be reached immediate that 1 is trapped in forever sadness, no its more like HOPE state as in there is HOPE that ALL WILL find the way or range/zone where this happiness can be reached if not here even if their frequencies change a bit to reach the points...

So 1 adds Consideration-Peace-HOPE to assist reaching an optimal happiness. Also 1 apollos if any feel this is a bit ot if misunderstood.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The transitory nature of life is sad, watching family, friends loved ones die, and yet what seems constant is the evil that prevails in world. How does that fit into your model of spiritual hedonsim.

top topics

join