It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnamed Officials Confess to Boston Bombing on Suspect's Behalf

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Washington Post has published the transcript of a bedside hearing at which Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been read his Miranda Rights.

apps.washingtonpost.com...

I (who am tired of journalism) is reading it now.

Mr. Tsarnaev is being held without bail due to risk of flight. He will be given court appointed defense since he says he lacks finances to pay for a lawyer. He was not required to answer charges, enter a plea at this time. There will be a "probable cause" hearing on May 30, 2013.

I wonder if the Miranda Rights issue will arise in this case. I don't believe he was read those rights upon arrest. Anonymous officials have said that he admitted doing the crimes in interviews with officials. I think those admissions might well be found inadmissible in court since the rights were not read to him upon arrest or, one assumes, until read to him at the preliminary hearing.

One might also question whether, having been shot only a couple of days ago, Mr. Tsarnaev should have been questioned at all or even forced to attend a hearing. His court appointed attorney might well visit those issues.
edit on 24-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have a scenario which might be what actually happened the day of the bombing.

I think that there were three bombers. I think that Tamerlan may have left his bomb, but I think that Dzhokhar had second thoughts and left the scene of the bombings with his backpack containing his bomb. This bomb was the one they used in the shootout in Watertown.

I think the third bomber was another individual who may possibly have been duped into carrying a bomb by Tamerlan. Could it be his wife or another party? I'm not sure if she was at the scene or could be found in any photos. I don't know what the official line is on her, but I think there was a third bomber.

This is assuming that they all weren't patsies involved in a drill that went live. The fact that Dzhokhar left with his backpack and that a bomb of the pressure cooker type was used in the shootout argues for the scenario above.
edit on 24-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Anonymous officials continue to spill their guts.

www.washingtonpost.com... -9a98-4be1688d7d84_story.html

The surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings told the FBI that he and his brother initially considered committing suicide bombings and also planned attacking on the Fourth of July at Boston’s large celebration along the Charles River, according to two law enforcement officials.

The suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, said that he and his brother, Tamerlan, 26, decided to launch their attack earlier because they completed building the pressure-cooker bombs more quickly than they expected, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to discuss an ongoing investigation.

The phrase "spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to discuss an ongoing investigation", should really be translated as spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid being charged with contempt of court and obstruction of justice.

This is nothing more than a public relations attempt by the prosecution to poison any potential jury that could be asked to come to a verdict in this case. It should be dealt with immediately by the appropriate judicial authorities in Boston. The mere fact that the statements being made originate from interviews conducted with a suspect in the hospital suffering from gunshot wounds who had not been read his rights, makes them very questionable to begin with, but to continue to leak material of this kind to the press is clearly prejudicial to any attempt at a fair trial and, I am convinced, being done maliciously by law enforcement.

The big question is why are they doing it? Why are they not being stopped from doing it?

Is there something wrong with the prosecution's case?

edit on 3-5-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This trial has already started . . . in the press. I think it's high time we had some statements from the defence in these "proceedings". If Tsarnaev's lawyer thinks that he is not going to conduct a trial in the press and is going to "take the high road", he should think again. There is no high road in American jurisprudence anymore.

Its all a street fight.

Even "anonymous officials" don't seem to be buying Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's story as told.

Tsarnaev said they constructed the bombs in Tamerlan’s Cambridge, Mass., apartment and considered several locations after driving around Boston in a car. He said they ultimately decided to explode the devices near the finish line of the race on Patriots Day, a major holiday in Boston, according to the officials.

Both law enforcement officials expressed some skepticism about Tsarnaev’s account, saying that the complexity of the bombs made it unlikely that the brothers could have completed them as fast as he claimed.

“Maybe we will never know,” said one of the officials, who has been briefed on the interrogation. “This is the story that he is telling us.”

The law in America does not need law enforcement officials speaking so loosely and "off the cuff" about these matters. I wouldn't want a law enforcement official conducting a vigorous prosecution and a weak defense of my case in court and I wouldn't want it being done in the court of public opinion.

Why are there no objections to this? Where is Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's defense attorney? The way this is being handled is a disgrace. Some top dog, pit bull defence attorney should take this case pro bono.

American justice itself is crying out for justice.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join