It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fancy a bite? McDonald's burger bought in Utah in 1999 looks exactly the same as the day it was fir

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
link

I love McDonalds cheeseburgers.
I usually get two. However this is quite frightening.
There has to be a crazy amount of chemical preservatives in the food to keep it from decomposing.

If you need another reason to kick the junk food habit this should do it.

A Utah man has unearthed a McDonald's hamburger he bought in 1999 - and the sandwich looks exactly the same as the day it was first flipped.

David Whipple kept the fast food meal for a month to show friends how the preservative-packed hamburger would keep its composure.

But he forgot about it, finding it two years later in his coat pocket and then he decided to continue the bizarre experiment.

However, even he was shocked to see that the hamburger still looks the same a whopping 14 years later.

Take a good look at that folks. 2 years in a coat pocket and he kept it longer for a total of 14 years.
And the only thing that's decomposed is the pickle.
Wow. If mold and fungus won't live on the damn thing why the hell are they feeding it to us.
Truly mystery meat.

The burger had no signs of mold, fungus or even a strange odor, the show's hosts said. The only thing that had changed over the years was that the pickle had disintegrated.

edit on 23-4-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
tasty!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Needs a new pickle though.....

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Ah McGMO. Would you like some Aspartame with your centrifuge separated meat product? Special sauce? That's ammonia, but don't tell anyone. Get it all Supersized for only an extra 99c.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

ewwwwie.
Well, I've never been a McDonald's fan and only ate there a handful of times, always having a chicken burger =p
The only time i had eating their cheeseburger, I got very ill (i was prolly about 6 or 7) so never fancied it after.

Now I know why =p! damn, 14 years...
yuck

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Forget the mystery meat for a sec -- that BREAD is pure poison -_-
what the hell are their buns made of?! my bread goes bad rather quickly --- forget 14 years..

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kathael

At least you know that you won't get fat from McDonalds.
It's not real food.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Not so. Watch Morgan Spurlock's Supersize Me and see what a regular diet of fast food does to you.

Spurlock ate at McDonald's restaurants three times per day, eating every item on the chain's menu at least once. Spurlock consumed an average of 20.92 megajoules or 5,000 kcal (the equivalent of 9.26 Big Macs) per day during the experiment. As a result, the then-32-year-old Spurlock gained 24½ lbs. (11.1 kg), a 13% body mass increase, a cholesterol level of 230, and experienced mood swings, sexual dysfunction, and fat accumulation in his liver. It took Spurlock fourteen months to lose the weight gained from his experiment using a vegan diet supervised by his future wife, a chef who specializes in gourmet vegan dishes.

edit on 23-4-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I have not ate Mc Donalds or any other fast food in years. I quit because everytime I ate Mc Donalds I would get a serious upset stomach and then diareah.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Oh yeah I remember that.
The doctor said his liver was turning into a Fine Pâté. lol
But then his body adapted and he kept on going as normal.

link   
That's it!...I'm eating nothing but Cheeseburgers from the big M, I'll live forever

edit on 23-4-2013 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm loving it (not)!!

That is really quite frightening, but I do wonder what it tastes like

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
14 years? Sounds perfect for your survival backpack.
Keep a couple of these in there.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Perfect prepper food. Five thousand years after mankind is gone, the only thing left will be a McDonalds Cheeseburger. Still edible.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
link

I love McDonalds cheeseburgers.
I usually get two. However this is quite frightening.
There has to be a crazy amount of chemical preservatives in the food to keep it from decomposing.

If you need another reason to kick the junk food habit this should do it.

A Utah man has unearthed a McDonald's hamburger he bought in 1999 - and the sandwich looks exactly the same as the day it was first flipped.

David Whipple kept the fast food meal for a month to show friends how the preservative-packed hamburger would keep its composure.

But he forgot about it, finding it two years later in his coat pocket and then he decided to continue the bizarre experiment.

However, even he was shocked to see that the hamburger still looks the same a whopping 14 years later.

Take a good look at that folks. 2 years in a coat pocket and he kept it longer for a total of 14 years.
And the only thing that's decomposed is the pickle.
Wow. If mold and fungus won't live on the damn thing why the hell are they feeding it to us.
Truly mystery meat.

The burger had no signs of mold, fungus or even a strange odor, the show's hosts said. The only thing that had changed over the years was that the pickle had disintegrated.

edit on 23-4-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

What I cant help wondering is I hope they've somehow altered their ingredients. In other words.... if you bought one in 2013, would it still look the same in 2027...

Nice find

edit on 23-4-2013 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i knew Mcfood would last longer than any other food, but nobody made an experiment to show it after 14 years. O.O
this find is one of the scariest i read in a while.
Thanks OP.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Here is a link to a site where they investigate the myth of non-rotting McDonald's food a bit more.

seriouseats.com[/ur l]

They found that if the food has enough moisture present, it will rot. When it is left open to dry out (think beef jerky) it doesn't mold and rot.

[url=http://aht.seriouseats.com/the-burger-lab/]Link

edit on 23-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I just finished my lunch...I had a baked chicken breast with grilled asparagus...I just have to say I kicked the (junk food bad habit) 8 years ago.

I look at that McDonald's hamburger and it looks like poison to me now...and considering what it looks like 14 years later....with all the unhealthy chemicals in it...can you just imagine what this food does to the insides of people!

I'm just saying.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I get so tired of people bashing unhealthy foods.

We're all going to die anyway. I like satisfying my body's cravings for sugar, salt and fat. "But...but...you'll be unhealthy and die a slow and painful death!" Yeah, so?

They have pretty good drugs now that'll veg you out if you're dying a painful slow death.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
He must live in the dessert...

I just helped my son clean out his car and there was a McD burger in a bag in there and it didn't look ANYTHING like that!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join