It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

someone wanna tell me whyI have to keep renewing my password on login ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Exactly what the title states.

I've had to re-new my passsword twice so far from work........

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

ATS will only change your password if you select the change password option.

If you mean you need to re-log in, that would be entirely based on your browser's security settings.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Komodo

I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

ATS will only change your password if you select the change password option.

If you mean you need to re-log in, that would be entirely based on your browser's security settings.

~Tenth

here's what I mean..

a) I attempt to log in..

b) log in password is no good, will not be accepted by the ATS server stating such

C) I get a temp pw from ATS

d). input new pw from the change password from tools (log in is sucessful on new pw change)

e) log out of ATS for 2+hrs

f) Attempt to log in AGAIN, pw isn't recongized..

g) I get a new temp pw AGAIN

edit on 23-4-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Hmm..Ok that's strange.

Let me alert admin on this.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

it might be a blessing in disguise. Yanno.. maybe your password is too easy and could be hacked?

or/ maybe you have had it too long and it could be a way for you to 'get with it'...

or/ be creative and have to think of another one

or/a security issue...yanno, your loggin in from a different pc?

or/ just to annoy you

or/ it is a conspiracy and your the conspiracy and this is a way of confirming your paranioa that the whole world knows where you live and what your doing?

or/ Big Brother wants your password so the Govt can hack in and see what your up to?

or/ Your flagged as a Terrorist?

or/ It is just one of those random silly things that happen to everyone...

cheer up... puhlease!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

wow man..

you're totally out of the ball park ..

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

thx

Tenth

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

probably but I was just trying to cheer you up.

you had those angry faces. Hope your day gets better.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Explanation: Flagged!

I just logged out and back in to test and I had zero issues.

However it did occur to me that if you normally log in from home and are now logging also in from work that your IT Administrator at work may have denied the caching of cookies on the work lan servers or even on your work computer terminal.

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps and that the shtf situation for you is resolved asap.

Goodluck!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by Komodo

probably but I was just trying to cheer you up.

you had those angry faces. Hope your day gets better.

oh..

well thx you.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Flagged!

I just logged out and back in to test and I had zero issues.

However it did occur to me that if you normally log in from home and are now logging also in from work that your IT Administrator at work may have denied the caching of cookies on the work lan servers or even on your work computer terminal.

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps and that the shtf situation for you is resolved asap.

Goodluck!

...........this would be a first in 9 months if this was so.. and would make me very angry since I work from a bullpen PC.. and I'm not the only one that uses this PC..

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Are you deleting cookies after you log off? If so, you'll have to log in manually every time which will require you to add your password, if you copy/paste the password into the field when you log in it will return as an invalid password. The copy/paste function ads a space to the end of the text string which our server sees as an additional character and that essentially changes the PW.

If you're not deleting cookies I have no idea why this would be happening.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by Komodo

Are you deleting cookies after you log off? If so, you'll have to log in manually every time which will require you to add your password, if you copy/paste the password into the field when you log in it will return as an invalid password. The copy/paste function ads a space to the end of the text string which our server sees as an additional character and that essentially changes the PW.

If you're not deleting cookies I have no idea why this would be happening.

Springer...

Thanks Springer.

I don't copy/paste my pw ever, odd thing though, even if the cookies are deleted, wouldn't the ATS server still recongize my pw.. I'm at home now but, I'll get a new pw again from home, the new one I re-set works fine at home; it's at work that I seem to be having an issue..

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Yes the server would still recognize the PW even if you delete your cookies, you'd just have to log in again if you because your session was ended when you deleted the cookies (that's why I never delete cookies, I like having my preferences remembered and not having to log in again).

I have no idea what the deal is if you're not copy/pasting the PW. Hopefully you won't have this issue on your personal PC and it's just some bizarre security up software your company's IT geeks installed.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You are probably using illegal characters. I left mine with the default after doing the same thing. No issues yet...unless we all have the same default..

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
ok .. attemptime to try a 2nd post again.. after hitting the reply button I .. got .. "security error'..

it's def sounds work related..

ETA: ok .. that time it went thru.. not sure exactly WTH is going on .. but 99% sure it's work related..
edit on 23-4-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I have had the exact same thing happen here and its been happing with my yahoo email a lot as well.
Thing is I use password rember fetcher to avoide having to type things in each time so theres no way it can be a miss type .Ps up till a few weekis agaio my passwords had been the same for years never a problem.

top topics

join