It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
LoL Am I the only one who has this? My mom gave it to me...it's pretty fun >_>...at the end it says this is a "genuine copy of the book found at Lady Cottingtons house hidden behind a trunk in the attic." or something...

The Fairy Call
a spell for summoning the fairies.
"sit where the Cat sits.
cross your toes,
close your eyes,
And smell a rose,
then say under your breath,
I believe in fairies, sure as death!
Gladflykins! Gladtrypins!
Gutterpuss and Cass!
Come to me fairly, each lad and lass!"

Meh=new to the boards, Btw

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
So, we are supposed to sit on a cat to do bring out fairies?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

LoL Am I the only one who has this? My mom gave it to me...it's pretty fun >_>...at the end it says this is a "genuine copy of the book found at Lady Cottingtons house hidden behind a trunk in the attic." or something...

not sure about that book but there was two young girls in the uk a long time ago that hoaxed the nation with pictures of fairy friends they had living at the bottom of the garden,im sure it ran for years before it was admitted to be fake,ill try and find a link.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
well there you go seems the two are linked,nice story and a great scam!

anomalyinfo.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
D*A*M*N* I was hoping to see some "pressed fairies".

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyGuy

I bought this book for a friend of mine some years ago, she appreciated it's originality and beauty.

Skyguy I like your avatar, where did you get it?

Optimus I don't like yours cos' they is scum....

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Koka]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Optimus I don't like yours cos' they is scum....

im sure the mods wont like this but ill say it just once and once only KoKa,

Come back when youve wont the trebble,not the plastic one,the real one-every football fan deep down inside is MU-denial is an ugly thing!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
(moving this to chit-chat)

Yes, we have the book and it's just... amazingly bizarre.

I met Brian Froud (the artist) earlier this year, and he's one of the most delightful and intelligent people around. He and his wife specialize in fairy drawings and sculptures... his wife's scuptures are just amazing. I've seen people stand and stare at one of her sculpted figures for 15-20 minutes, just looking at the beautiful detail.

They're quite expensive... but I expect this doesn't surprise you.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
D*A*M*N* I was hoping to see some "pressed fairies".

Squished Fairy

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
haha sorry i lost this post for a while, couldnt find the chit chat forum *this post was moved from cryptozoo section*
nyway thanks i like my avatar too!*but the dancing bananna still owns all*
hey when you talked to the author did he say anything about there being any truth behind this book or was it al ljust for entertainment? i cant tell the difference...
anyway i have another book called "The Faeries" its basically abotu some woman who goes otu looking for fairies and she takes pictures and puts them in this book. they look pretty kool, they say their real, But i doubt it. i can scan them for you guys if u want.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by SkyGuy]

top topics

join