It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: Foreign Gov’t Asked FBI to Look at Boston Suspect for ‘Extremist Ties’ in 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well, Search gave me a 500 error, Dont know if this was posted. I thought this was something that needed to be discussed though.

A “foreign government” asked the FBI to look into one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspect’s “possibly extremist ties” to a terrorist organization in 2011, an FBI official confirmed Friday. The bureau complied and interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, to investigate any possible ties to extremism.

“The interview was conducted by the FBI in Boston, said the official,” the report adds. “[T]he case was closed, according to the official, who refused to identify the country or the terrorist organization.”

This makes me very angry.

Our Government "had' him, and just let him go!

They Determined He Was No Threat!

Are you kidding me?

I am at a loss when I read stories like this.

ATS, Thoughts???

Confirmed: Foreign Gov’t Asked FBI to Look at Boston Terror Suspect for ‘Extremist Ties’ in 2011 — They Determined He Was No Threat

edit on 20-4-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/21/2013 by kosmicjack because: fixed title

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The FBI determined Tsarnaev represented no threat and found “no derogatory information,” the Washington Post reports.

They sure the hell weren't looking in the right places. Some heads should be rolling over that epic failure.

Really a foreign government we know who asked the FBI to investigate, and they pulled a "nothing to see there folks" ?

Someone needs fired.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
As far as I know there isnt a department of investigations of future crimes yet.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
As far as I know there isnt a department of investigations of future crimes yet.

Obviously another Country was "interested" in this guy, and had the common sense to ask questions about him.

I am 100% sure there is more to this story.

Like another Poster said, someone should lose their Job because of this.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I would like to know, whatever happened to "Innocent before proven Guilty"? Is this just a 'fad' that came and went?

I have spent the last 24 hours looking at news report after news report where the media, police and the people have had this case wrapped up and "Justice Served" regardless of the fact that they had not yet had their day in court. Now one is dead, the other in custody and the people are cheering in the streets and PUSA is declaring "Justice has been served". What justice? Was there a court case I missed?

Quite frankly the whole bloody thing disgusts me - from the bombings themselves to the over-zealous reaction from the American people toward it. America places it's legal system up on a pedestal and proclaims it is the best and fairest in the world yet breaks one of it's most fundamental rules on a regular basis.

What a joke.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

And if he didnt do anything then they cant arrest him yet.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Think about this before their photos were released to the public the FBI, and LEO said they had exhausted everything they had which was why they needed the public's help.

The FBI already had backgrounds on both from the investigation in 2011 if the FBI is really that inept we are in bigtime trouble,.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by sonnny1

And if he didnt do anything then they cant arrest him yet.

But......

You can keep an eye on him, or not let him back into the Country. Especially if he really is considered a threat.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I believe the FBI's MO is to send undercover agents to recruit the subject, give them encouragement, money, and explosive materials, and then stop them at the last moment and be big heroes. Except for those times, like OKC and the '93 WTC, when they don't stop them at all.

In other words, they let him think that they thought he was no danger; and then, later, used him. That would be my theory, anyway....

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I would like to know, whatever happened to "Innocent before proven Guilty"? Is this just a 'fad' that came and went?

Strapping a BOMB to your chest kind of throws the innocent part out of the equation, doesn't it???

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Betting that foreign governmemt is russia . The usa has no one to blame but its self . It needs to get tougher and send these kids a clear messege.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
IF he was patsie though, he may have appeared an excellent candidate
like the hijakers KNOWINGLY let in and even trained in the US at 911...
or the underwearbomber who was placed on that plane without a passport even after his father had warned the state dept.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Betting that foreign governmemt is russia . The usa has no one to blame but its self . It needs to get tougher and send these kids a clear messege.

Agree.

Maybe Obama and Putin can share what they have on these Terrorists.The FBI had him. He was let go. He then decided to kill innocent victims. The FBI is responsible also.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Strapping a BOMB to your chest kind of throws the innocent part out of the equation, doesn't it???

Thankyou for proving my point.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So you want the government to overstep some bounds and not others.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Think about this before their photos were released to the public the FBI, and LEO said they had exhausted everything they had which was why they needed the public's help.

This is the part that bothers me. They could have run those photos through a face recognition system and found some potential candidates in social media. compared them against drive licenses. Hell, maybe I have just been watching too much CSI.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
IF he was patsie though, he may have appeared an excellent candidate
like the hijakers KNOWINGLY let in and even trained in the US at 911...
or the underwearbomber who was placed on that plane without a passport even after his father had warned the state dept.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

If we get a warning from sources, the FBI should be due diligent on making 100% sure, that the person isnt a threat. Yes, they have had their share at fumbling the ball. It has cost innocent victims, their lives.

I think they should hold some responsibility, maybe even jail time.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

They could have run those photos through a face recognition system and found some potential candidates in social media

More than that all they had to do was run it through their own database.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Exactly if the west is letting in known " western haters" it wont end well, not ever. They should just deport them. Plenty more better people would want to replace them. Sometimes I feel the west acts desperate and it shouldnt do.

As you said it points to the fact that they had him under watch yet their whole team couldnt see this coming...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Thankyou for proving my point.

So I proved he was innocently strapping a bomb to his body?

Priceless!

Its not a fashion statement, that's for sure......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join