It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans made in the image of themselves.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What if it were oneday possible that Humans could discover Time-Travel and go back into the past to create mankind and or influence our history. If It wasnt humans from the future then could our race be made in the image and likeness of a humanlike race more extraterrestial? Is it possible to believe in the bible and also believe in extra terrestials or humans from the future? some people would go so far as to say Demonic and Phrophetic spirits in the bible may be something Interdimensional, as in Ultra-terrestials.

How many people believe in supernatural forces and in things beyond our five senses of reality?
How many people believe in Futuristic Human evolution?
Do people think time travel is possible in the future?

I Would also say that if it were oneday possible to discover timetravel then through our perception they would have already used it as in the past, present, and future exist together like the show lost where they say "whatever happened, happened." when they would time-travel.

In the Bible God would send "Angels" disguised as regular Humans like as in the story of lot.
Whats the deal with ancient astronaut theory and whats the Humans race's role in it.
What would happen if humans altered their genetics in either a good way or a bad way.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Imagine our genetically engineered offspring either living forever somehow
either that or evolved humans from the future look like grey aliens.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Considering that the human species has not yet been recorded as giving birth to any truly omniscient members, our ability to successfully engineer a Cro Magnon would be dubious. In any case, wouldn't our previous evolutionary stages be skipped entirely in lieu of accelerating our progress as Homo Sapiens?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro
What if it were oneday possible that Humans could discover Time-Travel and go back into the past to create mankind and or influence our history. If It wasnt humans from the future then could our race be made in the image and likeness of a humanlike race more extraterrestial? Is it possible to believe in the bible and also believe in extra terrestials or humans from the future? some people would go so far as to say Demonic and Phrophetic spirits in the bible may be something Interdimensional, as in Ultra-terrestials.

How many people believe in supernatural forces and in things beyond our five senses of reality?
How many people believe in Futuristic Human evolution?
Do people think time travel is possible in the future?

I Would also say that if it were oneday possible to discover timetravel then through our perception they would have already used it as in the past, present, and future exist together like the show lost where they say "whatever happened, happened." when they would time-travel.

In the Bible God would send "Angels" disguised as regular Humans like as in the story of lot.
Whats the deal with ancient astronaut theory and whats the Humans race's role in it.
What would happen if humans altered their genetics in either a good way or a bad.

Supernatural? Not a chance... there may be some things we don't understand, especially spooky actions at a distance. But, I imagine much of these things we claim to be 'supernatural' will have reasonable explanations later in the future.

Futuristic Evolution: Sure, why not... In regards to going into the past and changing what we were, yada yada yada... I can think of a couple paradox's rendering that improbable. In fact, I don't think we can go back into time. We can move ourselves into different densities of time, and maybe move through out the universe ultimately moving between faster time and slower time, but there's no going in reverse. But who knows, not me lol.

I don't think that the story of Lot is to be taken literal. Did he really offer up his two daughters, run and people turned to pillars of salt? That's how the story went right? Everybody having sex with one another, even trying to get with the angels in disguise? Yeah, never happened. "run and don't look back"... there is nothing divine about this story, it's symbolic I guess is what I'm saying.

Ancient astronaut theory is a joke. There's some great sites that debunk it, but with out even going there... deductive reasoning should suggest that it never happened. Again, there's nothing 'alien' about any of it, it's symbolic I guess is what I'm saying.

meh...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

Well there is no possible way that humans went back in time to create ourselves. Here's why, If we were created by people that went back in time to create us there would never be that original point of creation where the first
people who went back in time were created. That original line of humanity would never exist to go back and create themselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

You say we couldn't have created ourselves, and others say "something can't come from nothing" - yet here we are.

If we can never know the truth, would knowing that create a paradox?

What if the only true truth is the paradoxical truths?

Why is reality, and men alike, an illusions of the image? What if the image was just our illusion, which was just an illusion of us all along?

God is the beginning and the end. What is the end?

Did the beginning create the end or did the end create the beginning?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This was actually a idea I had for writing a novel.

The story goes that humans go out on the first FTL travel to a relatively new planet, but the snag is that when matter travels FTL, it actually makes it go back in time. So there is enough time on this other planet for humans to evolve into something a lot smarter and physically different, although still similar, and then realise that it was in actual fact humans that created humans, in some great cosmic loop, so travel back to Earth to engineer humans from apes.

I'm not sure whether I believe in the theory 100% (the ancient astronaut theory) but if you look at most of the religious texts there is enough written and oral tradition to suggest it being a possibility. The creation of homo-sapiens is an interesting subject, there has still yet to be found a proper 'missing-link'.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyningSaeward
This was actually a idea I had for writing a novel.

The story goes that humans go out on the first FTL travel to a relatively new planet, but the snag is that when matter travels FTL, it actually makes it go back in time. So there is enough time on this other planet for humans to evolve into something a lot smarter and physically different, although still similar, and then realise that it was in actual fact humans that created humans, in some great cosmic loop, so travel back to Earth to engineer humans from apes.

I'm not sure whether I believe in the theory 100% (the ancient astronaut theory) but if you look at most of the religious texts there is enough written and oral tradition to suggest it being a possibility. The creation of homo-sapiens is an interesting subject, there has still yet to be found a proper 'missing-link'.

i think that would make a good movie.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Good ol' time travel. The only problem is that it creats a paradox. If humans only existed because future humans created them, then how would they have traveled back in time to created them in the first place? That would make our entire existence a paradox and then of course when you look at the rest of life on earth and evolution it makes this almost impossibly complex. Then you have to start wondering why more humanoids don't exist. If we could create ourselves from nonexistence, then surely billions of other possible races would have done the same.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CyningSaeward

What if the missing link has been withheld from the public in order to preserve our psychological and emotional future? What if we're not the first time such a cycle occurred, and previous cycles revealed that knowing the truth of our origin resulted in a corrupted morality as we sought to improve upon ourselves for the wrong reasons?

Just a thought.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Good ol' time travel. The only problem is that it creats a paradox. If humans only existed because future humans created them, then how would they have traveled back in time to created them in the first place? That would make our entire existence a paradox and then of course when you look at the rest of life on earth and evolution it makes this almost impossibly complex. Then you have to start wondering why more humanoids don't exist. If we could create ourselves from nonexistence, then surely billions of other possible races would have done the same.

whell i look at all the different races and say many humanoids exist.
and to solve the paradox i would reply that it is as einstien said where the past presnt and futre exist together and the seperation is an illusion. as in the moment of creation of the future humans and the past humans would really be simulteanous.

and it would be like the T.v> show lost where the quantum mechanic would say "whatever happened , happened."
edit on 5-5-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

This makes much more sense then the current way life flows with time now. It's has always seemed apparent that we've been through this before, and we keep showing ourselves this through problems our society creates. Almost like we keep adding new things to be picky or choosy about, regardless of what is known. We are that 16 year old rich girl who didn't get the right color car and the band wasn't the right one and then after those get fixed it's the cake isn't the right size. Until we have become so petty in our crying of foul, that it's laughable and scary at the same time.

I mean look around people, we can build items from a machine via a digital blueprint, that's amazing, we've made ourselves workers. Yet we fight over how others are to live their OWN lives? How can we even have a right to care about how another lives?

How and when did we acquire this right inside of us to question another human being's right to be themselves?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

and to solve the paradox i would reply that it is as einstien said where the past presnt and futre exist together and the seperation is an illusion. as in the moment of creation of the future humans and the past humans would really be simulteanous.

and it would be like the T.v> show lost where the quantum mechanic would say "whatever happened , happened."

That doesn't solve the paradox, because in this universe time is linear and there is no physical evidence to suggest that past present or future all exist simultaneously. If this is true, it happens OUTSIDE the universe, and we don't exist there. We exist here. The life would have to already be there in order it to create itself. It makes no sense whatsoever. Yes, whatever happened happened, but a race creating itself from nothing is ridiculous. It wouldn't be there to do so when it first happened.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

unless they use time-travel and the only way that they exist is if they were to create themselves.

just a thought.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You should really check out some work by Renata Loll and Tom Campbell. They have some very good theory's about time using classical equations of physics.
One current theory of time says that past, present and future all co-exist, and are as real as each other. The distinction between past, present and future are just an illusion of consciousness, seeing time as a concept that is intricately linked to the individual's perception of change.

Real science is being done that shows evidence that our world is neither deterministic nor completely random, and that consciousness and free will play a central role. That is... if anyone can agree what consciousness is!

Link

edit on 6-5-2013 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

It sounds like the what came first the chicken or the egg scenario. Consider this possibility to work around the paradox of creating ones self. So you were NOT originally "human" and you traveled back in time and altered the DNA of your species and next thing you know humans were created from well not humans. This theory really depends if you perceive time to be linear or occurring all at once at the same "time" with consciousness being the only separator. I perceive the latter so this theory would make it at least possible to create myself without the paradox of the "time machine" lol

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

What I read in your OP is a desperate (and very human) attempt at giving humans somewhat of an important role in the grand scheme of things. Not saying we aren't important - not saying we are important. But, let's have a look at our situation in this grand scheme.

We are on a dust ball in a galaxy of billions of dust balls, amidst billions of galaxies. With each galaxy so far apart that we can't even reach them with radio waves in our lifetime, meaning that we are stranded here with no hope of ever participating in that Grand Scheme, whatever it is.

The only thing we're good for is bickering amongst ourselves and laying waste to everything on this planet. So, how important can we be?
edit on 5/6/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We are on a dust ball in a galaxy of billions of dust balls, amidst billions of galaxies. With each galaxy so far apart that we can't even reach them with radio waves in our lifetime, meaning that we are stranded here with no hope of ever participating in that Grand Scheme, whatever it is.

The only thing we're good for is bickering amongst ourselves and laying waste to everything on this planet. So, how important can we be?

Would you like fries with that pessimism? My belief is that we are as important as the lives we touch. I may mean nothing to the universe, but I'm not asking the universe, am I? Regardless of what those countless billions of dustballs think of me, my happiness is determined by how happy I make the people around me. End of story.
edit on 6-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Not so fast! Humans are one step closer to using quantum entanglement for communication. We will soon be able to send information faster than speed of light. Even teleportation is possible through quantum entanglement.

LINK
QA

Warp speed... anyone? The development of a faster-than-light warp drive, may eventually result in an engine that can transport a spacecraft to the nearest star in a matter of weeks, and all without violating Einstein's law of relativity.

NASA
Real Life Warp Drive

edit on 6-5-2013 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jiggerj

Would you like fries with that pessimism? My belief is that we are as important as the lives we touch. I may mean nothing to the universe, but I'm not asking the universe, am I? Regardless of what those countless billions of dustballs think of me, my happiness is determined by how happy I make the people around me. End of story.
edit on 6-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Why is it pessimistic? If something 'is what it is', then it's simply the truth. If you think your great role in the grand scheme of things is to touch lives, then it is you being overly optimistic. That's not a bad thing, but it proves nothing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join