It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Orders lets look at the info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
www.it.ojp.gov...

"Executive Orders [EO] are official documents… through which the President of the United States manages the operations of the Federal Government." National Archives EO Disposition Tables. The directives cite the President’s authority under the Constitution and/or statute (sometimes specified). EOs are published in the Federal Register, and they may be revoked by the President at any time. Although executive orders have historically related to routine administrative matters and the internal operations of federal agencies, recent Presidents have used executive orders more broadly to carry out policies and programs.

That's straight from the DOJ.

www.archives.gov...

You'll find E.O.'s from Hoover to Obama here, they don't show any from any prior presidents, I believe they didn't become a popular executive tool until Hoover.

Some are still in place, others have been repealed , but this proves to be a good place to start looking and getting a feel for these E.O.'s that are becoming an increasing popular topic, with a little fear sprinkled on top.
Yes they seem to have been abused and used differently than their original intent, but they can be repealed, and they can be of any topic.

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

So in laymen terms he can do it but "who" would repeal it and what steps would they need to go through to do that (and will they)? I suppose I can look all this up and am not really contributing anything with these questions but if you know I would love to hear it simplified. I see the executive branch has a checks and balances in place for the 1 man show but how effective is it in this case? And why would a president bother if he thought it was easy to repeal?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I've been looking at them, they are all listed by the president that had them enacted, and there are repealed E.O.'s throughout the decades.
Presidents have repealed them on their own and congress has quashed a few as well.
There are a lot of them, I mean a lot.
Anyone interested in learning what's been put in place in the past, or even currently should have a look.
Some are pretty odd in nature, and some are pretty heavy handed, so I see where the dictator aspect comes in.
By and by the civil E.O's and Departmental E.O's survive through tolerance by the citizenries apathy, or ignorance of their existence.

join