It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capital Murder Charge for Wife of Ex-Judge in Kaufman County (DA Murders) CONFESSION

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

KAUFMAN, Texas (AP) - The wife of a former judge was charged Wednesday with capital murder in connection with the slayings of a North Texas district attorney, his wife and an assistant district attorney, a law enforcement official said.

The overnight arrest of Kim Lene Williams is the latest twist in an investigation that had narrowed on her husband.
link

Police investigating DA murder make arrest over 'terroristic threat'

A former justice of the peace in Texas has been charged with making a "terroristic threat", a day after his home was searched in connection to the murder of two prosecutors. Eric Williams was admitted to the Kaufman County Jail early on Saturday morning, jail records show. A prison spokesperson said he was scheduled to go in front of a judge later on Saturday.

Federal and local authorities had searched Williams' home on Friday, as part of an investigation into the deaths of District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, whose bodies were found 30 March in their home. In late January, assistant DA Mark Hasse was fatally shot as he was leaving work in Kaufman, about 30 miles southeast of Dallas. Williams, 46, has not been named a suspect in any of the deaths. link

I think that this story got lost in the msm because of the Monday bombing. I hadn't even heard a peep about this until last night when I was perusing for news about the case. This morning I saw that the wife had been arrested and charged with capital murder.

Apparently someone rented a storage unit for Williams under their name. Inside the storage unit was a white Crown Victoria unmarked police car that had also been purchased in someone else's name along with many firearms.

I guess Williams was always the prime suspect since the beginning and all of those stories about that White Supremicist group was just a ruse.

edit on 17-4-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

Confession Story down at post number 6 link to confession story

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I found another interesting article on this case. If this guy committed these murders, and this camera footage has his comings and goings back and forth to the storage unit on it, his goose may be cooked.

Investigators in Kaufman DA murder case look at Chicken Express camera footage

Authorities are examining video surveillance equipment from a Seagoville restaurant as part of their investigation into the deaths of Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland, his wife and a top prosecutor.
The Chicken Express restaurant in the 1600 block of U.S. Highway 175 is adjacent to a storage facility where more than two dozen Texas Rangers, FBI and ATF agents and Kaufman County deputies executed a search warrant on Saturday. The search yielded numerous weapons and a Crown Victoria that may be related to the McLelland murders.
“It was confiscated in a collaboration” of authorities, said Tina High, the restaurant’s general manager, on Tuesday. “I’m not supposed to talk about it.”

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Suspect in Texas Prosecutor Killings Has Nothing to Do With the Aryan Brotherhood

Though much still needs to be explained at this stage, the arrests of Williams and his wife serve as a lesson for all those who, like me, immediately jumped to the most extreme conclusions in the Hasse and McLelland cases. Most murders are committed by people who knew the victims, and that’s probably where the speculation should have started here.

Yes, these shootings were so brazen that it felt like they had to be the handiwork of some sinister gang that had nothing left to lose—like the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas. Murdering the two prosecutors would have required a lot of work and planning, though, to no real apparent benefit for the gang. Besides, if the gang members were to have gone after the men who tried to put them in jail, there were more obvious targets than Hasse and McLelland. The fact that the idea didn’t make much sense wasn’t seen as a major strike against the story, given that a lot of things that crazy prison gangs do don’t make much sense. Which is true, I guess, but still probably isn’t the best starting point when you’re trying to solve a couple of murders.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don't think it got lost. She was just arrested early this morning. Around 2:30AM Wednesday.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

The part I was referring to is William's arrest over the weekend on "terrorist threats". I hadn't seen that story nor the ones regarding the search of the storage facility.

This story has been evolving over the last several days and I hadn't noticed it on ATS. Also did a search and noticed there was nothing.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Affidavit: Wife of disgraced judge confessed to Kaufman County killings

An affidavit released by the sheriff's department Wednesday claims Mrs. Williams was the person who pulled the trigger in all three shooting deaths.
The document says she "knowingly caused death" of Hasse and the McLellands "by shooting them with a firearm." The affidavit also says she told investigators that her husband, Eric, played a "role" in the killings, but does not describe what that is.
The document alleges she told police details about the murders that were not made public.
Link

Whoa!! I would have never guessed that one. My thinking was they arrested and charged her to get the husband to roll. Crazy story.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
New news now says that the wife of Eric Williams fingers him as the shooter in all three murders! Man can't these msm outlets get it right??

Eric Williams' Wife Says He Killed Hasse, McLellands

In an arrest warrant affidavit released Wednesday, Kim Lene Williams, the wife of former judge Eric Williams, says her husband shot and killed Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland, his wife Cynthia and Assistant District Attorney Mark Hasse.

New Story

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Now the Guardian Express has a headline that Mike Williams has confessed. There are not any other confirmations yet. Nor any news releases that state his bail has been raised to that of a capital murder charge. My guess is that he has clammed-up and asking for a lawyer. His wife already gave him up.

Eric Williams confess on Murder of Mike McLelland and his wife
story

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Checking this morning to see if Eric Williams has been charged yet, there is nothing. However, another detail has come to light. In the affidavit against Mrs. Williams she admits to being the driver of the car while her husband was the shooter.

(NEWSER) – Eric Williams has not yet been charged in the murder of two Texas prosecutors, but his wife is squarely pinning the blame on him, reports the New York Times. A recently filed affidavit states that Kim Williams on Tuesday told investigators that her husband pulled the trigger, but that she drove the car on both occasions. Eric Williams' lawyers have denied he was the shooter, but the Times reports that what it describes as "his ailing yet supportive wife of 15 years" revealed to authorities details of the murders that had been kept under wraps.
link

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Eric Williams, Former Official, Charged With Capital Murder In Texas District Attorney Slayings

KAUFMAN, Texas — A former Texas justice of the peace seeking revenge for a theft conviction that ended his judicial career carried out a plot with his wife to kill the men who prosecuted him, authorities said Thursday.

Eric Lyle Williams, and his wife, Kim Williams, are charged with capital murder in the slayings of Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland, his wife, Cynthia, and assistant prosecutor Mark Hasse.

link

Not to change the subject or anything...

Finally Eric Williams was charged with capital murder. This happened a couple of days ago but I missed it cuz, well, Boston has been on my mind.

top topics

join